[News] T:V News on GameSpot!

Someone mentioned here about going to an inven en picking up the Repair pack with 0 so you have to charge it first, which could be a problem in hectic situations(you get killed before fully charged). Well what if when you pick up the repair pack, it charges, you get blown up and it was charged for instance for 50%, someone else takes the same pack but the pack stays at 50% charge and charges again to 100%. This may solve the hectic situation thing. So when a pack gets dropped it stays charged as much as you was able to charge it in the first place? I hope you get my point here?
To make it simpler :

Person 1 takes Rep pack and charges it to 20%
Person1 dies, pack gets dropped but stays 20% charged
Person2 takes thesame pack and charges it further from 20% to 80%
Person2 dies, pack stays 80% charged
Person3 picks up the pack and charges it to 100%
etc
etc

Last edited:
Rabid Poop said:
hey weasel,

say you're going really fast in one direction, and you face the opposite and hit your boost. Will the boost always send you the same speed in that direction, or will your momentum affect the strength of the boost.

id imagine if they wanted t:v to have any sense of physics at all, it would be depending on your momentum.

Zoolooman said:
Sure, but let's just run some fancy non-existant guess numbers.

Each pack has 20 seconds before it disentigrates, so it must be picked up in 20 seconds. All packs start at 0 charge.

Repair pack recharges in 15 seconds.

It takes 1 second to buy, 1 second to drop.

This makes for a total of 10 packs which can be generated and maintained while other packs in the pile dissapear (15 if you do the run twice and stop every 5 packs to sort the entire pile).

Then you must wear a pack for 15 seconds, drop it, run through all the packs, and then charge the next one.

This assumes two things: packs maintain charge once dropped, and start with 0 charge.

This takes a player two and a half minutes to charge ten packs, not including time spent sorting through them, dropping them again, dropping and sorting after picking up an already charged pack, and all sorts of other time wasting possibilities.

That's two and a half minutes, and the moment he starts fighting, it becomes difficult to utilize all those packs or sort through them before it is too late. Add onto that, you're leaving fully charged repair packs for the enemy HO...

I just don't see the problem unless the enemy team was going to lose anyways. This is all hypothetical of course, but not impossible.

It becomes even less of an issue if packs can ONLY be charged while a player is wearing them.

I think passing fully charged packs to key members of the team might add an interesting aspect to gameplay.

Marweas, any estimate on the average time it will take to charge a pack? Is it in the ballpark of 2 minutes or 10 secs?

Last edited:
Having a pack keep its energy when dropped would be great for newbies. They can contribute to the team by being the Pack Recharger :D

To be honest, I don't like the sound of the new repair pack. It will be overpowered because it can recharge any number of deployables in an area around you, yet it will also be annoying having to wait for it to reach full power. The repair pack system in T1/T2 works fine. Don't fix something that already works.

If the pack does slowly repair the wearer, then I think it should lower the armor energy recharge rate. That way it won't be AS cheap in duels when you act like Thrax and ski off to heal.

i dont think passive heal should be in at all. the 'passive' mode should be the repair beam, the active mode should be repair all in radius.

or maybe passive mode wil repair whatever is in your crosshairs?

MaD_ReBeL said:
i dont think passive heal should be in at all. the 'passive' mode should be the repair beam, the active mode should be repair all in radius.

"Passive" means that it's on at all times. I think the repair pack should add the repair gun to your list of weapons so you can equip it like any other gun. Then, when you hit the pack button, it will activate the special repair function. If this is the case, then the repair pack needs to have an extremely slow recharge rate because that "special" function seems overpowered. As the main function of the repair pack it is extremely overpowered.

MaD_ReBeL said:

yeah that works for me.
If you have a radius repair effect, it kind of makes the slow repair over time kinda redundant.
So have a narrow and wide beam switchable using the pack key instead.
Narrow allows you to focus on repairing a single object/person but drains energy fast.

Wide beam is the area effect, but it uses all of your pack energy bar, you need a full bar to use it at all, and the repair rate is slow. That could work! :)

Have you played the beta? I didn't , so I wouldn't know if the repair pack is actually overpowered or not. This is one issue that only can be solved by tweaking stuff when it's Open Beta like Marweas said. So don't judge certain parts of the game before you played it

Vicelord said:
Have you played the beta? I didn't , so I wouldn't know if the repair pack is actually overpowered or not. This is one issue that only can be solved by tweaking stuff when it's Open Beta like Marweas said. So don't judge certain parts of the game before you played it
Yeah yeah.
We know that. But if we refrained from discussing the game before we'd played it, this forum would be empty.
We're not "Judging" anything. We are simply discussing posibilities.

Vicelord said:
members say the dumbest things sometimes.

we the community may raise issues the developers didnt think about, or we may present an issue in a light not previously thought of.

its called open discourse. its often useful in solving problems.

worst case, nothing changes and we've only amused ourselves on a forum.

Worst case? No, best case. If nothing needs to be changed, it implies the game was very well designed.

I have a feeling though, that the repair pack will stay this way. It is different, and I *really* need different at this point. Plus it is intuitive to newer players.

And it isn't hard to balance at all. After all, HO train is best balanced by repair ability, and this has repair ability!

We should add the ability to link HO's to each other and actually form a for REAL TRAIN! Then we add like every type of hand held grenade, so they can just CHOO CHOO their way into a base and then set up camp and take it over like PlanetSide!

Yeeeeeah!

=BL=VorteX said:
the epack works as a normal epack until its used in its active mode and it just gives a burst. now if the epack is half way empty then the burst ofcourse will be lower than a full charged burst. or will u not be able to burst at all if it is already half used?
You can only trigger a pack's alternate use when it is fully charged.

Prolly not Vortex. While the healing ability is cool, it takes a while to charge up, and it would seem unfair that the ability be cut off with any damage. Otherwise you could keep a base raped and people unrepaired by hitting themselves with super weak sniper rounds or blaster shots.

but it would also be kinda stoopid that the person you are tryin to kill keeps getting repaired over and over like say in a good duel or a big turret u are tryin to kill keeps getting repaired all the while you are tryin to shoot it down. i'm pretty sure you can kill it even with a repair goin on but it sure would take long. well maybe not i guess we just gotta wait and see.

The repair pack takes a long time to recharge to be used again, and passive is a slow repair. I think a person using a repair pack in a fight will definately have the health advantage, but they deserve it Vortex - that is, after all, the whole reason anyone might even want to use that pack instead of the energy pack. Health or far more maneuverability? Choose!

If you nerf it, then everyone will just use the energy pack. If both are very useful, then it'll be a matter of choice. After all, the energy pack makes it easier to be in the air when the repair pack man lands. But a good repair pack player can probably double their lifetime if they are better than the one they fight.

Will the range of the T:V sniper rifle be comparable to that of the T2 sniper rifle? 1000 meters. Or will the range be shortened or made longer?

Back