[News] T:V News on GameSpot!

Thrax Panda said:
No, that's sort of backward. It slowly repairs the wearer all the time. When activated it will (start) to repair everything in a radius around the wearer.

ok this is probably a DUH question but i just want to be sure. how does the repair process stop? Will it stop when someone is shot or does it stop until the person is fully repaired? I'm guessing when someone is shot. like for example if i activate the repair pack and my teammate is getting healed. will the healing stop as soon as he is shot at? or will it keep healing until he is fully healed?

edit:
and just to be clear? the epack works as a normal epack until its used in its active mode and it just gives a burst. now if the epack is half way empty then the burst ofcourse will be lower than a full charged burst. or will u not be able to burst at all if it is already half used?

Last edited:
All I have to say about the weapons is this:

Do not make them so you rather shoot than ski. Do not make the weapons make people rather sit around and fire, than chase and kill.

If you promote people to sit on hills, the game play of pubs will turn into ass. Promote skiing, chasing and weapon selection. It will elimate so many campers and people just playing " bye them selves". The great thing about t1 was this: You would snipe incoming and chase out going. If you missed the snipe, the guy was gone, and chasing at this point was pointless. I do not know the speeds of sking, but I sure hope its fast to advoid all these new weapons, thats all I have to say.

Speed changes everything =)

-W- sKILLz said:
All I have to say about the weapons is this:

Do not make them so you rather shoot than ski. Do not make the weapons make people rather sit around and fire, than chase and kill.

If you promote people to sit on hills, the game play of pubs will turn into ass. Promote skiing, chasing and weapon selection. It will elimate so many campers and people just playing " bye them selves". The great thing about t1 was this: You would snipe incoming and chase out going. If you missed the snipe, the guy was gone, and chasing at this point was pointless. I do not know the speeds of sking, but I sure hope its fast to advoid all these new weapons, thats all I have to say.

Speed changes everything =)

I disagree... if someone stays in one place and trys to camp they will eventually have a LO ski past, hit his epack for a little juke, and drop a minedisk on his ass and a "VAV" without breaking his route. That player may consider "camping out" may not be very productive in the future.

I like the ideas brought forward with the packs and ultimately the skill curve of tribes > pub faggotry

Killjoy- said:
I disagree... if someone stays in one place and trys to camp they will eventually have a LO ski past, hit his epack for a little juke, and drop a minedisk on his ass and a "VAV" without breaking his route. That player may consider "camping out" may not be very productive in the future.
so you promote newbies for easy kills eh? well, as long as your camping ill be happy to kill you.

MaD_ReBeL said:
so you promote newbies for easy kills eh? well, as long as your camping ill be happy to kill you.

did you even read what I wrote?

EDIT: My point was that in Tribes or T2-Classic camping isnt an option and since there is no speed cap in T:V i would assume that someone going by 250km/h+ and dropping your ass would disuade that kind of behavior

Last edited:
Da_Timsta said:
Am I wrong in asuming that the rifle will deal more damage when wearing an energy pack?
i dont think so, not for a fully charged shot anyways. damage over time you would though since your energy bar fills up faster allowing you to fire more fully charged shots in a shorter period of time.

CR-Ruthven said:
Can't say enough good things about the level of communication between you guys and the community...it's quite a priveledge to be able to be so accurately informed this early in the game. Things look pretty promising.

And as a long time fan of the zapper I think it sounds/looks awesome.

- R

Definately, the Irrational team is great, I have complete faith in what T:V will become, a great blockbuster game.

I'm not a fan of the sniping, but lots of people enjoy it, so keep it and keep it balanced. :)

I love the idea of an energy boost. Now, when I'm in the air, I can boost if I fear getting hit by the rifle. Finally, there is some sort of action I can take to make myself a difficult target.

Now, I just wish the damage was slightly delayed, so that I would have a split second to toss the flag when I do get hit.

I really love the ideas for the new packs, but allow me to voice a concern that you may not have considered. (although I bet you have)

When you pick up a pack from an inventory or scavenge it, does the energy on that pack reset to full? If it does, that could be a HUGE problem. People will just drop/pick up packs over and over while using them to gain a gigantic advantage. Imagine 2 guys sitting in a base spamming repair nanites everywhere by dropping pack then picking them up again & using them & wash, rinse, repeat.
No doubt the other packs could be exploited in a similar fashion.

So I guess my question is: how are you going to deal with this?
Will you make the pack energy unique to the player instead of the pack itself, and make the pack recharge rate the same for every pack, so that the power level is the same no matter how many packs you pick up or drop? I really hope you guys have considered this...

Neek said:
I really love the ideas for the new packs, but allow me to voice a concern that you may not have considered. (although I bet you have)

When you pick up a pack from an inventory or scavenge it, does the energy on that pack reset to full? If it does, that could be a HUGE problem. People will just drop/pick up packs over and over while using them to gain a gigantic advantage. Imagine 2 guys sitting in a base spamming repair nanites everywhere by dropping pack then picking them up again & using them & wash, rinse, repeat.
No doubt the other packs could be exploited in a similar fashion.

So I guess my question is: how are you going to deal with this?
Will you make the pack energy unique to the player instead of the pack itself, and make the pack recharge rate the same for every pack, so that the power level is the same no matter how many packs you pick up or drop? I really hope you guys have considered this...

you can just make every pack start at 0.

Marweas said:
I believe the pack equips empty, taking time to charge.

that could be an issue with the rep pack. it would suck if you couldn't start bringing up the gens immediately after you picked it up.

maybe if the packs retain their charge when dropped, so if you drop and pick it up, it wouldn't do anything. good or bad. The first time a pack is created in game, it should probably start charged though i guess?

:shrug:

Marweas said:
I believe the pack equips empty, taking time to charge.
That would solve most problems, but allow me to present a scenario:
The gens/invs/turrets are down, no one has a repair pack and the enemy is raping your base. Your only hope is to get the repair pack that spawns on top of your base and bring the gens back online. You get the repair pack, but now you have to wait for it to recharge... dumdedumdedum...Hurry up already!!...almost...there...almost...*kabooom!*
One of the base rapists has blown you to smithereens. CRAP!
Luckily, one of your teammates has picked up the pack you dropped, but now they have to wait for it to recharge....hurry u...*kaboom!*
He gets blown up too. And so on, and so forth.

jsut said:
that could be an issue with the rep pack. it would suck if you couldn't start bringing up the gens immediately after you picked it up.

maybe if the packs retain their charge when dropped, so if you drop and pick it up, it wouldn't do anything. good or bad. The first time a pack is created in game, it should probably start charged though i guess?

but by the same token, would you want one guy to be able to go to the inven, hit his alternate pack key, go to inven, hit alt key again... etc. Or would you want the heal over time to happen?

I wonder what the relationship between the sphere of radius for the repair pack and the radius of positioning deployables (invens, turrets, etc.) will be.

jsut said:

This is why i suggested that the pack energy be unique to the player. A newly spawned player would have full pack energy, but no pack. If they were to get a rep pack they would be able to use it right away, but they would lose the pack energy they used untill they died.
If they switched packs with half pack energy, that energy would be transferred to the next pack they pick up to prevent gaining an advantage by picking up scavenged packs. Of course, you could still exploit this if the recharge rate of the packs is different, so you have to have the same recharge rate for all packs. Which kinda sucks.

Back