[News] T:V News on GameSpot!

Validuz said:
Marweas! Can we see like a video (even if it's small) of a good player (not Colosus :p harharhar.. j/k <3) using that "boost" thing. petty pwease :D

The last build didn't have any effects the boost. Visually it was very hard to tell when it was being used. Only while playing could you really tell the difference.

Patience. It will come.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by triple
Can I speculate?

you have the marketing pack. and what this pack does, is makes every other player in the server wait in anticipation of something, but it never delivers.

worst pack evar.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marweas said:
You're confising the marketing pack with the Qix pack.

The marketing pack, when activated, lets you play with more than the same 12 people you've been playing with for 5 years. ;) :heart:

gawd that made me laugh !

:bigthumb: Marweas

edit: forgot the first part too :)

Last edited:
If the boost is just as powerful as a normal jet boost, but can be used in any direction, then it will add a new element to skiing and shouldn't cause much of a problem. I was worried it would be something like the beacon boost in renegades :scared:

Still, I think it should drain some of your armor energy.

Marweas said:
nm, KP answered the question.

BTW, I was dumbstruck by the info the preview left out. OTOH, it's a nice reminder that not everybody speaks Tribes fluently, and we need to go to great lengths to get them to understand what the hell we're talking about, let alone the significance of it.

This is why you should have TW do the write-ups, and give other sites exclusive sydication of them.

Void|deadjawa said:
I hope youre kidding

NoU.

For the sake of the game, it would help if the reviews were somewhat accurate. If a review requires a 11+ page thread to correct and clarify it, imagine what people who know nothing about Tribes are thinking reading it.

I don't think "TW" persay should write the articles, but definately a member inside of the tribes commmunity. There are several very talented writers attached to different projects in the Tribes community: SS:2845, Legends, etc. These I'm sure wouldn't mind writing at least sketches or rough drafts which capture the tribes ideas in these updates, and then passing them to the game sites for editing (butchering) and posting. I would personally love to do this.

Question about packs:

It was said packs would have seperate energy reserves - does this mean they will recharge or will there be "one shot" packs?

Dac346_99 said:
*awaits the cry of newbing down Sniper rifle with widening of shot..*
I don't think it says that (not positive about what the article says) but I know it doesn't work that way. The rifle hasn't been "newbified", we just added the idea of ammo.

Void|deadjawa said:
The repair pack's active function is a fast repair? Its passive function is that it regenerates things around it?
No, that's sort of backward. It slowly repairs the wearer all the time. When activated it will (start) to repair everything in a radius around the wearer.

Can't say enough good things about the level of communication between you guys and the community...it's quite a priveledge to be able to be so accurately informed this early in the game. Things look pretty promising.

And as a long time fan of the zapper I think it sounds/looks awesome.

- R

Thrax Panda said:
No, that's sort of backward. It slowly repairs the wearer all the time. When activated it will (start) to repair everything in a radius around the wearer.
Does that mean no more repair gun? No more pretty red beams of healing? :mecry:

Ixiterra said:
Does that mean no more repair gun? No more pretty red beams of healing? :mecry:

sounds like it, though now if you have a rep pack you're infected with nasty nanorgs and you can loose them on your teammates at a moments notice. (or something)

Back