[News] T:V News on GameSpot!

I can probably recommend that you don't duel Thrax when he's wearing a repair pack. While it doesn't make the duel anymore difficult, he's a whimp and will run around until you run out of ammo and then come after you.

Which presents my suggestion for a gameplay addition. Make it so that if I throw a weapon at someone it knocks them unconcious. vgt

I sure hope they don't put "the carrier beam is purely cosmetic" in the manual. 'Cause that very idea of giving away your position for absolutely no reason is just dumb. It would be neat if the rifle did very little damage within say 5 m and a full damage past that. And the carrier beam "accelerates" the projectile.

It would also be neat if there was a carrier-beam-less (phew) sniper rifle in single player only mode. Then when you shoot AI guys they just scatter about because they can't tell wtf you are shooting from.

Colosus said:
Which presents my suggestion for a gameplay addition. Make it so that if I throw a weapon at someone it knocks them unconcious. vgt
Well then you just have to throw it harder...

Oh wait....I thought you were talking about actually throwing projectiles at Chris Mahnken. nvm

Zoolooman said:
You don't have to do full charge. It said you can partially repair by using partial activation.

I can't confirm that. My understanding is full charge only. However, not only could I be wrong, but this may also change during beta. WTF, I need to work less and play more!

Marweas said:
I can't confirm that. My understanding is full charge only. However, not only could I be wrong, but this may also change during beta. WTF, I need to work less and play more!

Or work more and play less.

Let me get this straight... when you use your "burst" thing for the energy pack (which reminds me of beacon boosters and they were gay), does it drain your actualy PLAYER'S energy all the way or the energy that the PACK has? ...or does the energy pack not work like the repair pack in the aspect, that it doesn't have it's own "energy bar"?

Validuz said:
Let me get this straight... when you use your "burst" thing for the energy pack (which reminds me of beacon boosters and they were gay), does it drain your actualy PLAYER'S energy all the way or the energy that the PACK has? ...or does the energy pack not work like the repair pack in the aspect, that it doesn't have it's own "energy bar"?

the energy pack has a seperate energy bar and that bar is drained when using the boost.

Validuz said:

It drains your pack energy and not your armor energy.

Currently it feels about as powerful as an extra little burst of jets. As KP pointed out, the really interesting thing is that you can apply it in any direction, affording either better speed or better maneuverability. Also, the recharge rate is kind of slow.

Marweas! Can we see like a video (even if it's small) of a good player (not Colosus :p harharhar.. j/k <3) using that "boost" thing. petty pwease :D

Void|deadjawa said:
Dude, its all a matter of balance.

You dont know exactly how its going to be balanced so you cant say "if they do this people are going to exploit it" because you have no idea what the sheild pack is going to do in the first place.
vge, he was commenting on what i was saying which was in turn a comment on someone's earlier prediction for the shield pack. if in fact the shield pack did work like he predicts it would be a nightmare.

im confident it wont be like that though as the irrational guys seem to not only have a solid grasp of balance but also some witty new ideas that from what ive heard so far will really up the skill level and learning curve.

The ability to use an e-pack as a "dive pack" (e.g. look down and boost) will add some very cool functionality.

Much of this functionality was discussed in a number of earlier threads on new possibilities for movement (think it was Nat's thread).

Bottom line: a skilled router will be FAST.

Last edited:
Marweas said:
It drains your pack energy and not your armor energy.

Currently it feels about as powerful as an extra little burst of jets. As KP pointed out, the really interesting thing is that you can apply it in any direction, affording either better speed or better maneuverability. Also, the recharge rate is kind of slow.
:shudders: ... fuckin natural is going to be even harder to snipe ... :(

Validuz said:
Marweas! Can we see like a video (even if it's small) of a good player (not Colosus :p harharhar.. j/k <3) using that "boost" thing. petty pwease :D

See, as soon as I read "Can we see a video" I was going to talk to Marweas about making one, but then I read the "not colosus" part and now I'm not going to. So :fu:

Back