Sniper rifle's suck 50% of the time

NAT Mav said:
Instead of fixing the sniper rifle, fix the game to take away it's most annoying use, spawn O-sniping. Make it so a player does not take damage for 5 seconds after spawn or until a weapon is fired. This solves the problem of llamas sitting back taking cheap shots at players spawning as well as fixing other problems with spawn point abuse.

Exactly what you said, and in addition, 'oob' sniping is an easy fix too.

Simply make it so that all packs are useless outside the playing grid.

:rolleyes:

only reason the OOB grid exists is for the flag. making packs useless outside of the grid is a stupid idea imho (routes). unless of course you make the "playing field" huge....

Kaden said:
Exactly what you said, and in addition, 'oob' sniping is an easy fix too.

Simply make it so that all packs are useless outside the playing grid.

That is a bad idea. Most cap routes start oob.

Just leave the rifle alone.

Flatscan said:
Its a function of the map, its size, and the available geography.

Plenty of good routes start oob - plenty don't.

Dood, you can't fuck with NAT. He is SKI MASTER. He knows all there is to know about routes. He's IE/5150

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU FLATSCAN?

(btw, flat, I just d/l legends--but it won't run on my Voodoo5. Imagine that!)

Heh Rilke si funnay =).

I think Nat is suggesting that routes that setup fast are better than those that don't [i.e. those that are in-bounds]. Holding everything else constant, this is undoubtedly true.

Lots of variables in addition to setup time impact whether a route is good, however. Map design (base location, flagstand design, available geography/hill structure, map size) and a team's play style (setup and attack vs go!go!go!) all have big impacts on whether a route is good or not. I have played for teams where one route rocks (because it jibes with their play style) and teams where the route isn't good (again because of play style).

Making broad generalizations that are universally applicable is problematic. My use of the word "most" [i.e. "most routes setup oob"], should have been "many."

As for who I am, I haven't capped for a #1 T1 team but I did cap/lead the O for a Top 3 T2 team during T2's heyday (base/++) =). I played TR2 during Classic's brief-early heyday given rl time-constraints (starting a business).

Last edited:
Back