So, has VUGames abandoned Tribes?

Cheater said:
WTF??? What planet are you from? T2 worked fine out of the Box? Where were you when it was released....You must have forgot that you had to download a patch before you could play it. Look at the Credits....I'm listed under T for Tom "Cheater" Szabo. My Brother was in the Meta Test. They had over 200 bugs reported. None of them had been addressed when the game was released. I ran "The Dark Side" T2 server one of the top TWL competion server. What other T2 laurels do I need? Besides the multiple T2 LAN Tourney's I've hosted?

And you are???? Point is T2 Fanboy stick to your T2 fan sites or join the Tribes community.

And shazbotmouthtalkinpacman......you're not worth the cost of the abortion your mother should have had.

Sorry to everyone else. Not usually my style. Carry on.

BLAH BLAH BLAH LA DEE DAA DEE DAA I'M A DICK.

Last edited by a moderator:
BFGanksta said:
Vengeance is similar to classic in that sense. You can cowboy when there is no coordination on the other team. However when you are up against a LD that is your equal it won't happen in either game.

As I said, I thought that Classic wasn't ture to the original concept behind T2.
T:V is a different beast and I enjoy it for different reasons than I did T2.

Don't you just hate people that don't have hangups? Hard to argue with, eh?

BTW, this is what I find so remarkably annoying about Panama Jack. I agree with his feelings towards T2 classic. I did walk away from the game when I discovered it was almost impossible to find non-classic servers. Most of my buddies did too.

However, I don't begrudge those who enjoy the mod, it just ain't what I played T2 for. I also don't messure T:V with the same stick that I did for T2. T:V is, as is, straight forward (if slightly boneheaded) fun. Easy to jump into and out of, yet still being different enough from standard FPS fare to be interesting. Sure, I'd love to see what I would call T3... a extention of T2's concept tweaked to make things feel less "soupy" yet still focusing on those elements that made teamwork so rewarding. That's not to say there's no teamwork in T:V... it's just not the focus of the game's mechanics.

Hmm... I'm now wondering if I've managed to lose just about everyone with this blathering. Let me make my point more clearly:

To me T2 was about it's teamwork focus.
T:V is about faster gameplay and general giggles.
Is one more relevent than the other?
I'd say no... but then again, I don't give a shaz if I pour my rum into Coke or Pepsi. I find people that get worked up about such things to be... er... nuts. Zelots of any flavor need to have their heads examined.

Make sense?

Onto something else:

Devo_N said:
Thats the most pompous crap I've ever heard.
etc, etc, and yet more etc.

Whoa boy! Calm down!
He was stating credentials, not flaunting them.
That's how I read it anyway.

I think the point is that TW is supposed to be about Tribes. NOT about T2, T1, or T:V specifically.

Maybe that's a built in flaw. We're dealing with 3 different games with 3 very different natures that play to different tastes. Expecting them all to get along in a single forum is prolly much like expecting the Gaza Strip to break out in spontanious singing of Kumbia.

Last edited:
:fu: LG.
I was kidding more or less before, but then you go an eff with my posts that have nothing to do with whatever is between Cheater and Devo.
That's just uncool and uncalled for.
BTW, Cheater should have the right to respond to what was said if he feels the need. I believe I'm seen him wax poetic about how much he DOESN'T want Nazi admins around here.

Don't preach about having an unfiltered comunity (which is the point of TW, I thight) with you running around being an abusive dick-smack.

Was funny, not anymore.

If you got something to say, say it.
Otherwise eff off and leave other people's posts alone.

Last edited:
Lonzo said:
Abbandoning TW is abbandoning T:V.

We are T:V if you think about it. Because we are the community supporters of the game, if you consider others who don't participate on these forums contributers then you are an idiot. We make T:V what it is.

What a load of bollocks.

No matter Bit....I saw the post before it was edited. I was being derided forBragging about my history in the Tribes community.....I kinda asked for it. I apologize. I'm pretty passionate about my involvement here. I believe thaat being a part of a community means contributing a lot to the community. In my time here I've seen many people give much to the community by their contributions to the game. That's what I should have said in the first place.

The TW community has as a whole contributed more to this game than any other by far. I'm sure that Logroller will even agree with that statement. We are a proud community because we have been an involed community. A lot of us know each other in real life even though seperated by continents we have managed to meet and enjoy each other's company. No other community has that kind of bragging right.

We hope to sustain that.

Loggy I love you, but next time I get cut down, let me handle it please. I enjoy it :).

Great. Now that that's cleared up, let's get back to Cheater's lineage. I need (more) proof of my theory that everyone on the world is hungarian.

Eh, not WOW. MMORPG/RPG's kinda suck for lans.

I'd almost suggest taking this to another thread.

And I'd like to add, maybe a Need for Speed game? That almost sounds amusing for a LAN. Almost. (Havn't done any MP in any racing game)

LogRoller said:
It wasn't really about you, Tom. It was about Bit being an arrogant cockholster who needs to shut the eff up once in a while.

So if it was about Bit, why'd you edit MY post? Obviously cheater can handle himself, and anyone big enough to look back at a post he made and say he was out of line, is pretty decent in my book. And for my part I'm sorry to jump on you like that. On the other hand, this colostomy-bag editing people's posts is pretty friggin pathetic, if you ask me.

Look. I'm not dissing T1. I didnt particularily like the game, but there are plenty of good games I don't like. What I WAS saying was that T2 was a commercial success, it sold reasonably well, a LOT of people had no technical problems with it, and a LOT of people liked Dave Gs vision. So it's pointless to act as if T2 was a universally despised mess that was responsible for the death of the franchise. The numbers just don't support that. Numbers don't make a good game, of course, nor does the fanaticism of its fanbois, but it does point out that there is and was a far broader world to tribes than TW and the T1 pep squad.

As for whether TW is the ne plus ultra of the tribes community, maybe that (was) is so. I didnt really stick around much for T1. I saw plenty of community and community involvement in T2 over at TWL.

And as for TW now - this place is a wreck. It often seems as if the little number next to 'veteran' is meant as an indication of the poster's arrogance and elitism. I rarely if ever see anything helpful posted here. I hang with a lot of people in the irc channel #TVMappers, lots of whom are "mere mebers" and I get a far greater sense of community from them. We help each other. . .share ideas. . .and do the things that communities are supposed to do, without bothering to stop and pat ourselves on the back about our wonderful "community". The TW forums, on the other hand, are nothing but an unmitigated bitch-fest. Almost nothing constructive or helpful is done here, and the sheer level of vitriol and hate surely drives new players away (as has been remarked before). The elitism of the 'old school' is surely calculated to run potential new members off. I mean shazbot, you can't even make a post without some jerk "veteran5" editing the damn thing because he doesn't have any reasonable response of his own.
And I haven't even mentioned the cesspit of racism, immaturity and just general vileness that is GD. That place just comes off as a sandbox where small children, behind the veil of interweb anonymity, spout off crap that they know would get their asses kicked if they did it in public.

Why am I here? I read these forums occasionally to kill time, but I long ago gave up hope of finding anything helpful or constructive, even in the scripting and modding section. Great community we've got here. Have fun. No doubt LoafPincher, or whatever, will edit this post to "ha ha I ARE POOPY FACE" or some such crap.

BitRaiser said:
If you got something to say, say it.
Otherwise eff off and leave other people's posts alone.

ya .. like you can keep track off all the 50 other posts you did today .. oh thats right .. thats all you have to do all day .... :rolleyes:

Back