T:V Tweak Guide

xoticrox said:
grr.. well i thought i had found it, guess not.

Im trying to change the color of the enemy team in the chat box, and in the event message window. i thought it was under "[EnemyMessage]" in the ini file, but i guess not. If i missed it somehow, let me know, i thought i pretty much had read this thread through.
Thanks

here is a screenshot of what i have so far

What resolution is that screenshot...I'm looking for HUD's running at 1600x1200 and I'm getting tire of straining to see the fine print readouts on the default HUD.
Thanks,

YYZ said:
What resolution is that screenshot...I'm looking for HUD's running at 1600x1200 and I'm getting tire of straining to see the fine print readouts on the default HUD.
Thanks,

Mine is at 1024 x 768

when changing to 1600x1200 it thows off the flag, ping, and personal score huds

I can't find bhideplayerweapon in the user.ini (or in any file in the TV folder) and I've searched numerous times, both by eye and using ctrl>f. Any ideas? Gotta get rid of that weapon> Funny thing is, I did this before, but since reinstalling TV, I can't seem to do it again> Thanks much.

In User.ini under the Gameplay.PlayerCharacterController section you will either find and modify or have to add the following:
Code:
bHideFirstPersonWeapon=True

Thanks for the reply. My user.ini file didn't even have a Gameplay.PlayerCharacterController section. When I had reinstalled T:V, I mistakenly used the beta (or demo) key (SS #) instead of the key that came w/the game. Reinstalled game using correct key, and it fixed that. Not sure if that was the problem but figured I'd post in case anyone else has similar problem. Now, could someone tell me how to get rid of most of the opening screens? I know I recall reading it somewhere.

Thanks, I just had to re install and it took me an hour to find this thread with all the optimization stuff in one place. It should definitly be on the front page.

bump

if you want to get rid of the hit reticle, the hit sound is enough for me, open up TribedHud.ini and under

[default_weaponReticule]

change

reticuleHitFeedbackFlashTime=0.2

to

reticuleHitFeedbackFlashTime=0.0

BTW, I've got a no-weapon-showing, custom-reticle-per-weapon config that's a combination of WilsRets and bad_xair's ret packs from grappleworks if anyone's interested.

I actually just modified my weapons.ini file to pull which reticles I wanted to use from each author's packs for each weapon.

was doing a search for t:v stuff since I installed it for my kids, thought a bump might be useful and pull in some new customization abilities from those that still play

Back