T:V loosing interest? Player count drops rapidly.

splash != spam

you can't just spam the disc launcher to kill someone

jetpacks require that all the splash weapons take skill

hitscan weapons suck and take little skill in comparison. the skill requirements for games like CoD or CS are non-existant compared to tribes

Forensic said:
splash != spam

you can't just spam the disc launcher to kill someone

actually you can, the disk has splash so you dont need to hit them directly to kill or hurt them if they are on the ground or near a solid object. I however did not include this due to the disk being a weapon that requires some skill to hit a player in the air.

Forensic said:
jetpacks require that all the splash weapons take skill

when would you actually use a splash weapon against someone in the air ? hitscan weapons are the only weapons useful in taking down someone not on the ground. Plasma ? sure you can saturate an area with plasma shot...but what skill does that take ?

Forensic said:
hitscan weapons suck and take little skill in comparison. the skill requirements for games like CoD or CS are non-existant compared to tribes

your saying that it takes much more skill to kill a player with a morter,nade,launcher,plasma,flamethrower, airstrike, tank rocket or Rocket launcher then a Sniper/laser rifle, pistol, machine gun or rail gun !!!?????

I dont think so.

The nice thing about tribes is that in the old days when Pings were an issue for the majority. Tribes offered many weapons that didnt take good ping or alot of skill to kill a person..... however in this day and age ping isnt a huge issue. People dont mind a couple of Spam/splash weaopns...but too much Spam as in the case with Tribes. Pubs go to shazbot and it turns off alot of people trying the game out for the first time. Especially if they are coming from other FPS games.

Last edited:
your saying that it takes much more skill to kill a player with a morter,nade,launcher,plasma,flamethrower, airstrike, tank rocket or Rocket launcher then a Sniper/laser rifle, pistol, machine gun or rail gun !!!?????

Yes. It's all ping, point and shoot

You have to lead the mortar, you have to lead the disc, with the sniper rifle or chaingun you just line up the target and hold the fire button.

The reason people use the chain to kill airborn targets is because it is the easiest weapon to hit people with. If they removed the chain from the game, the game would then require more skill to kill someone in the air, hence the chain is a less skillfull weapon.

I don't see how you can say firing a hitscan machine gun in RTCW or CoD takes more skill than disc dueling or proper mortar usage.

And then obviously when you include skiing, jetting and grappling that just ups the skill requirement. Tribes takes more skill than any other fps that exists, heh

I am kind of amazed that you think the laser rifle and the chaingun are the most skillfull weapons in the game. They are the easiest weapons - that's why people use them the most. (easier = more effective)

Forensic said:
Yes. It's all ping, point and shoot

You have to lead the mortar, you have to lead the disc, with the sniper rifle or chaingun you just line up the target and hold the fire button.

The reason people use the chain to kill airborn targets is because it is the easiest weapon to hit people with. If they removed the chain from the game, the game would then require more skill to kill someone in the air, hence the chain is a less skillfull weapon.

I don't see how you can say firing a hitscan machine gun in RTCW or CoD takes more skill than disc dueling or proper mortar usage.

And then obviously when you include skiing, jetting and grappling that just ups the skill requirement. Tribes takes more skill than any other fps that exists, heh

I am kind of amazed that you think the laser rifle and the chaingun are the most skillfull weapons in the game. They are the easiest weapons - that's why people use them the most. (easier = more effective)

Not true.
The disc is much easier than the chaingun. It does much more damage even from blast effect.
You can't even calcualte skill unless you have known pereimeters. And you don't.

Well Being a pld school tribes player and a good cod player i will say cod takes way more skill then tribes V.Tribes is now a joke there isnt one good reason to play this game unless you have never played it before .Lets look at what we have mortar nerfed bad ( I can put a mortar in a base and 3 nades and guess what no-one dies lol) rope ? my god is everyone spiderman now or what no skill what so-ever .very very small maps come on this isnt the nfl where we have to nerf defence .

I think the old dogs who use to play tribes one and even 2 should just let is go there isnt a thing in this game that even looks like the tribes we all know and love .

I know its a beta , But please even if they change half the game it still sucks eggs.

R.I.P tribes it was a good run.

detroit assassin said:
Well Being a pld school tribes player and a good cod player i will say cod takes way more skill then tribes V.

:lol: I've tried COD. I personally don't see where it takes an ounce of skill.

Edit: Stop playing cavern. Grappler isn't a big problem elsewhere.

Last edited:
The game will hopefully improve with beta. My major problem right now, are all the bugs. I don't play it very often anymore because the bugs just piss me off. The game needs balanced also, IMO, because the its out of balance right now. Hopefully it will improve with the release, and I will still buy it because I really want to play single player.

detroit assassin said:
Well Being a pld school tribes player and a good cod player i will say cod takes way more skill then tribes V.Tribes is now a joke there isnt one good reason to play this game unless you have never played it before .Lets look at what we have mortar nerfed bad ( I can put a mortar in a base and 3 nades and guess what no-one dies lol) rope ? my god is everyone spiderman now or what no skill what so-ever .very very small maps come on this isnt the nfl where we have to nerf defence .

I think the old dogs who use to play tribes one and even 2 should just let is go there isnt a thing in this game that even looks like the tribes we all know and love .

I know its a beta , But please even if they change half the game it still sucks eggs.

R.I.P tribes it was a good run.

Sorry, no. I, and many other of Apocalypse, played CoD when it came out in the interim between T2 and T:V. The game is incredibly easy, and almost anyone can just pick up the game, walk into a server, and literally own.

Not to mention the balance issues, jesus. Me + bren = your entire team effing dead, dead, dead.

I have a lot of complaints against the grappler myself, but even with all its shortcomings, T:V is far greater than CoD newbfest.

Reason I dont and wont play TV:
-Vehicles handle like they're made of cardboard and they suck
-Maps are too small
-game is too dumbed down, I want to be able to use my rep kit when I want to, not when I pick it up.

Back