Do NOT like the game

Strega said:
The OOB wall is barely noticable in competition, who the hell needs to go out that far anyway...no one. It keeps the game fast.

How the game plays in competition, is not what will sell the game to the pub server masses.

Barbarian said:
How the game plays in competition, is not what will sell the game to the pub server masses.

To clarify: The only people that will really notice the OOB wall are the people that want to carry a sniper rifle and a bunch of turrets a mile out of bounds. Those people can go to hell.

Ceiling_Fan said:
To clarify: The only people that will really notice the OOB wall are the people that want to carry a sniper rifle and a bunch of turrets a mile out of bounds. Those people can go to hell.
Do you really want those people on your server? Send them to Impulse East instead.

i dont like the game either, but for different reasons.
the game is lacking everything that made T1 great, and it feels generic like UT.
it pains me to say it, really. i had high hopes, but my heart feels like T2 redux.

i could live without the oob field.. as soon as i get the game ill prolly see if i can code it away into the nothing it should be.
I'll tell you now, i've never wanted to be a file planet subscriber so bad! when's the open beta start for those of us who dont like gamespyware again?

Yep, since it's running on Unreal Engine, it definitely does feel like UT.

The game is dumbed down for the mass market, yes it improves accessibility, but at the sacrifice of good gameplay.

I must agree that the new air vehicles are absolutely terrible. Flying them just does not feel right, and they aren't even like aeroplanes, which was what made Tribes 2 brilliant. The days where a good flag run would involve flying from behind it and jumping out at the last second will be sorely missed.

And then there's the deployable turrets, which can't stick to walls or ceilings, meaning anyone can just come in and fire a few grenades, and boom, you have to go back to the silly seperate stations to pick up a new one.

The level design, it would be great, but everything is just too close together, to increase the amount of action in the game. (for the newbies that buy it). Definitely doesn't feel 'Tribes', more Unreal Tournament claustraphobic.
Running with the flag was great fun, because you had so far to go. Now you can just launch yourself across the map and hooray, yet another cap. :(
I LOVED going out of bounds in Tribes 2, it was what made approaches to the enemy base in a bomber/shrike/transport worth doing. You could get right round the back without being spotted, and plan a nice attack.

A number of weapons were removed, such as the Shocklance. Now we've got no way of stopping an enemy in their tracks, and have to resort to a firefight. Again, more action, less fun.
The Satchel Charge is mysteriously absent aswell. I don't care what anyone says about the defense method using it being 'lame', it gave you a challenge, rather than being able to walk in and steal the flag.

Tribes 2 was the perfect formula, why screw with it so much IG? WHY?!

i never played tribes 1(starsiege)....but i played T2 for about 2years ,and i thought it was great
T:V on the otherhand does look nicer plays faster
but i dont think it has that tribes feel for me ......
ill have to make my mind up when the official game comes out.
(back to desertcombat me thinks)

neiltc, as a HUGE fan of T2 myself, I have to disagree that it was anywhere near the perfect formula.

I've played base, base++, and classic. Until classic came out, Tribes 2 was a game that felt like walking through butter. Also as an avid shocklance fan, I'm kind of glad they didn't have it in T1 and don't have it in T:V ... it creates a playing field where people have to learn either how to duel or die.

Now, while I do agree that some maps are very clustered (Caverns?) I still enjoy T:V dearly. It's going to be a game that I feel will bring back some serious competition and enjoyment to the franchise again.

Look, if you like T2, play T2. This is a new game, and it shouldn't be exactly like T1 or T2. If you want vehicular combat, huge maps and shocklancing, then play a game that already has them, and don't complain about the dev team not remaking T2 with better graphics.

A few months ago it was the same thing with hardcore T1 fans complaining it wasn't T1 with better graphics. Looks like T2 fans are just slow :p

Despite the fascist smacktards trying to silence and berate people with complaints about TV, I hope the Devs will pay attention to some of the honest feedback about the game.

If anyone has serious critiques or comments about TV, bring them to the official Sierra forums, where the smacktards and forum fascists are kept under control.

eeyore said:
Despite the fascist smacktards trying to silence and berate people with complaints about TV, I hope the Devs will pay attention to some of the honest feedback about the game.
smacktard++

I honestly think not. You're saying that T:V is bad because it lacks those features that were unique only to T2, and are hated by at least half of the community.
eeyore said:
If anyone has serious critiques or comments about TV, bring them to the official Sierra forums, where the smacktards and forum fascists are kept under control.
smacktard++

Really, do you know any other insults besides smacktard? For a 40 year old, you sure do lack a vocabulary.

eeyore said:

:rofl:

It's official, nobody making a new Tribes game can possibly win. Either the T1 players will complain that its not T1 with better graphics or the T2 players will complain that its not T2 with better graphics. I never knew there were so many fans of shrike capping :lol: I wouldn't question the goodness of T1 and T2 classic but it's a new game, move on.

It just needs some bigger maps and revamped vehicles. That inventory station POOF has to go too. How can a piece of equipment that looks so badass with its Tron glow go poof? :lol:

Back