shapeFile = "jetPack";
weaponType = 2; // Sustained

mountPoint = 2;
mountOffset = { 0, -0.1, 0 };

minEnergy = -1;
maxEnergy = -3;
firstPerson = false;
};

And I dunno if that helps any at all. I don't have much scripting knowledge at all. :(

Within the scripts it probably has a different name than "energy pack."

I'd suggest looking for the repair pack and hoping the energy pack is in the same area.

Zoolooman said:
Within the scripts it probably has a different name than "energy pack."

I'd suggest looking for the repair pack and hoping the energy pack is in the same area.

Yeah, repair pack is in the same area as I posted above. The packs have different min/max numbers, but I don't have much of an idea what they mean.

Is the min/max for the repair pack positive?

I think the minimum is the energy level minimum to use the pack... while the max may be discharge (recharge if negative) rate?

hmm...

edit: looking at it the weapontype has the comment "Sustained" so I think that setting is what dictates that it's effect is constantly on.

This would make sense with the above.

Last edited:
Great work so far Theta. However, let's (all) not get too carried away with modifications. Our primary purpose was to create a stable enivornment to trial the slot changes and get a better idea on how such changes effect the game, not to mimic Vengeance in everything it has or does.

If we alter too much stuff, the game will not feel like Tribes 1 as we know and accept it and so it'll be kind of hard to honestly evaluate exactly what kind of effect a simple inventory modifictaion has on the game. Later on, we can certainly continue to make modifications and alter other things to get an idea of what changes Vengeance will make thus improve our feedback to be a little more educated.

For those who havn't installed Tribes 1 in very long time, some links to help you out;

Tribes 1.0. to 1.10 Update
Tribes Map Update
DOX's Map Pack

And again, its real cool of Theta to cook up the Server Mod (thnx). Now all we need is a Server to host it up on.

http://gotcoffee2.homestead.com/files/tv.zip

Notes on what's in so far:
--------------------------
*Spawn in medium
*3 weapons for each armor, can be changed easily
*blaster shotgun weapon, probably overpowered
*Light is just slightly faster and weaker
*Medium is probably too fast now

edit: If medium is too weird, it can be changed to the old medium easily.

Last edited:
Hellsfury, what is this Map Update you linked to? I've had DOX, OpenCall and OpenCall2 for quite some time, but i've never seen this thing before? Could you explain what it is? Thanks. :)

The Map Update was Dynamix's official patch that added in their "Opencall" and "Balanced" maps. There are several of DOX's first drafted maps like Canyon Crusade (without the fancy Artwork) in the OpenCall.

It also contains Dynamix's rebalanced competition grade maps like Simoon.

Wow, that blaster is king of base Rape lol ;)

Anyone have a reticle editor... I need to addjust my reticle... I can't see it very well.

Hellsfury said:
The Map Update was Dynamix's official patch that added in their "Opencall" and "Balanced" maps. There are several of DOX's first drafted maps like Canyon Crusade (without the fancy Artwork) in the OpenCall.

It also contains Dynamix's rebalanced competition grade maps like Simoon.

So if we're fully patched, there should be no problems, right? OpenCall and Balanced were released with the 1.10.5 patch (the final version being 1.11).

Check your map listings by hosting a game. If you have a map called DeathRow... then you have the "Opencall" installed. If you have a map named "Simoon" or "Hexbreaker" then you have the "Balanced" maps installed. If you have one or the other you prolley have both.

Theta said:
doh, sorry apo :p

http://templeton.gt.ed.net/~eison/vgs/full_script_doc.html describes just about every function you can use

Well I have a shotgun blaster working. I don't remember right now if the T:V blaster uses ammo, but for now, this blaster does use ammo :p The one thing that's driving me nuts right now, is if I try to add ammo to a weapon that doesn't use ammo (like the laser riffle) it screws up my favorites...I don't know if it will mess up everyone's favorites, or if it's just stripped being retarded.
No, the blaster uses energy, not ammo.

Yep, got both the Balanced and OpenCall maps. Thanks.

Death Row was a great mission. Much fun to be had there. It's too bad the Balanced maps didn't ever get much play on public servers... i've always wondered how Hexbreaker would actually play out. Oh, and Dark Aurora! and Obfuscation! And! And!

Man... why doesn't anyone ever play these maps anymore? Am i the only one who's sick of the CanyonCrusadeDeluxe>DangerousCrossing>Raindance>Rollercoaster>Snowblind>Stonehenge rotation?

(can't get sick of Iceridge. I <3 iceridge. :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back