Recount's "DPS"

gramdpamode on:

Wow nowadays is all about some numbers (preferrably in yellow). I really takes some fun away imo. Vanilla was way more interesting in that manner, before we could parse out of the combat log, and damage meter were fairly inaccurate. Nowadays I only watch some bars grow, and others not grow as much (threat). sucks....

The other thing that people don't take into account is that a lot of raiders don't try at all in heroics, because they don't need to, they could do 6k dps but doing 4k dps is still going to be more then most other people in the team.

QFT. I got ripped my first pass in (non-Heroic!!) HoR because at the time, my DK had a Gearscore of something like 3500. Still out-DPSed everyone in the group (at a lowly 2800 DPS). *shrug*

If you know your roll, you can do fine. If you suck, you suck no matter how good your gear is.

I was doing non-heroic Pits on my shadow priest and hit 3100 dps on Ick. My GS is around 3300.

It really is a worthless number.

gear score does not take into account how good someone's gear actually is. It is just weighted average item level. I have 5733 GS but I guarantee I could do more DPS if I could take my pick of any items in the game while keeping my GS below 5500. Item level isn't everything. It especially doesn't place enough value on trinkets which should be weighted almost as highly as your weapon but are currently valued only as highly as a ring.

Umm, if you have a GS of 5700, or even 5500, you are more than well equipped, and raid geared

You are just talking stupid now, its more designed to see people who have a GS of less than 5k, and see what they put out.

I don't care if people are 4500 or something, thats ulduar ish gear, that didn't put out bad numbers, i just hate 1300ish dps pugs, if you can pull 3k, thats enough enough for any heroic.

Gearscore is dumb. Its one of the things I wish wasn't in the game and I instantly look down on someone for talking about it.

Granted not everyone using Gearscore is a moron, but its one of things that just dumb down the game and I dislike it. Top players know, and will always know a person's gear level at an inspect and won't need an useless mod to help them.

The reason I dislike it so much is not only because people are SO depend on gearscore on some servers, but also because it promotes faggotry such as taking a loot solely based on its itemlevel and not by the actual upgrade or wellness of the item. Its fucking stupid when someone says "he has higher gearscore than you so you can't come do this." Thank god the servers I'm on rarely use gearscore and actually use brains.

Gearscore is dumb. Its one of the things I wish wasn't in the game and I instantly look down on someone for talking about it.

Granted not everyone using Gearscore is a moron, but its one of things that just dumb down the game and I dislike it. Top players know, and will always know a person's gear level at an inspect and won't need an useless mod to help them.

The reason I dislike it so much is not only because people are SO depend on gearscore on some servers, but also because it promotes faggotry such as taking a loot solely based on its itemlevel and not by the actual upgrade or wellness of the item. Its fucking stupid when someone says "he has higher gearscore than you so you can't come do this." Thank god the servers I'm on rarely use gearscore and actually use brains.

Generally pug tards will take what GS you would need to comfortably do something, and simply add 500 - 700 to it. ICC-10 can be done with 4600, which is reasonable because a full set of 232s from emblems/heroic-ICC would put you just under 4800. But most demand 5000+ for what I call "leech theory".

Leech theory is the pretense that if you can find people with GS X over what is required, then you will ultimately be able to do less actual work during the encounters. Almost to the point they can simply die/hang out and let everyone else beat the boss. Summarily, the average WoW player doesn't really want to do any work for the shinier epics so they try to find/create overgeared pugs to do the work for them. The main problem with that is you can't pull that off in 10s. If you fuck up/slack up it becomes very clear whose at fault. And 25s are logistically too much for people to try and coordinate, remember they don't want to do work and forming/coordinating 24 other people is work.

Or it's because having higher level gear than the absolute minimum required to complete the instance allows for a more efficient and quicker clear.

But you should definitely publish some more literature on your "leech theory."

Meh, you can only do so much with blues and greens, its great for weeding out retards, and plate dps warriors using plate gear with +spellpower (which I get far to often).

I'll let a players performance determine their net worth, but i'll never kick someone just based on GS alone

Meh, you can only do so much with blues and greens, its great for weeding out retards, and plate dps warriors using plate gear with +spellpower (which I get far to often).

I'll let a players performance determine their net worth, but i'll never kick someone just based on GS alone

This is what I'm saying though.

You can't tell that some guy is a retard or undergeared by just inspecting him and seeing spellpower gear on a melee dps or seeing blues and greens?

Gearscore mod is stupid and only encourages even more stupidity.

I haven't seen someone on Tich incorrectly gemmed in ages, last time I saw this happen was a pally gemmed for SP instead of Int.

Back