So my account got hacked / stripped last night.

GraphiX

Veteran XX
fuuuuu.png

Now, I wait. Looks like i'll finally get to finish playing a couple 360 games I never got around to finishing.

I never look at shady shit on the internet, so I seriously doubt it was some type of keylogger/trojan. I was trolling the fuck out of some guy the day before it happened, but I have no idea how he could get any information on me to touch my account. From what I could tell, the hacker didn't touch my 80 Warlock that had all PvP / Badge gear, but he had sold EVERYTHING off my DK that was level 78 (Full tank gear, full dps gear, full starter PvP set).

By the time I logged on to see what the fuck was going on, they had beaten me to changing the Battle.net password. I quickly changed my e-mail / paypal password because they're both the same e-mail / password combo as my Battle.net account. Thank you Blizzard for risking my bank account because you can't handle us having separate WoW logins from everything else.

But everything's fine I guess, Blizz shut down the account while they investigate / help recover what got lost. I don't think it was a keylogger because we had logged on to 2 of my buddies accounts while they were here and theirs were safe. One of my friends has access to our guild bank and if they'd have hacked him they would've wiped out the GB.

Never been hacked as long as i've ever played WoW..i've gotten banned numerous times but never had some asshole go chop shop on my account. But yes, moral of the story: go buy an authenticator.

Last edited:
I really don't understand how people get hacked in the first place.

I dunno, some people are just ignorant. My folks got some "securityutility" virus the other days which was really not a virus but more like some kind of scam to get people to buy their product by faking PC problems. They said it was all over the net and people having massive problems and yet I didn't hear about it. I use spybot, keep it updated/immunized, and microtrend's web AV thing and I have yet to get a virus at all.

By the time I logged on to see what the fuck was going on, they had beaten me to changing the Battle.net password. I quickly changed my e-mail / paypal password because they're both the same e-mail / password combo as my Battle.net account. Thank you Blizzard for risking my bank account because you can't handle us having separate WoW logins from everything else.

You not only made your paypal email the same as your battle.net email but gave each account the same password and you blame Blizzard for not covering your ass?

Last edited:
I never look at shady shit on the internet, so I seriously doubt it was some type of keylogger/trojan. I was trolling the fuck out of some guy the day before it happened, but I have no idea how he could get any information on me to touch my account. From what I could tell, the hacker didn't touch my 80 Warlock that had all PvP / Badge gear, but he had sold EVERYTHING off my DK that was level 78 (Full tank gear, full dps gear, full starter PvP set).

the badge gear and pvp gear (outside of the starter set) cannot be sold i believe. that's why your lock is fine :).

[...]

[...]

So it breaks down like this, because YOU can't keep simple password rules, its blizzards fault your paypal stuff got compromised? Way to deflect.

edit:nvm, someone else found this gem before me :/

so you're saying this enraged nerd exploited a loophole in the interbutts to steal your account information, all because you were making fun of him in trade?

BS. you got keylogged or something

From MMO Champ.

Cataclysm Alpha/Beta Test
Let's start with a small reminder: The Alpha/Beta Test of the expansion didn't start and anything saying otherwise is a scam from people trying to steal your account. Trust me, when an Alpha version of Cataclysm is available, you'll know about it.

My guess would be he fell for a Cataclysm scam.

I didn't give anybody my fucking account information you pillow biter.

And they didn't compromise my paypal account. L2fucking read you twats. And if there was a keylogger they would've hacked the other 2 accounts we logged onto in the same day.

Still a mystery to me, I have the account back but my DK is deleted/missing and I still have items missing from my warlock.

Well it obviously was a keylogger if you didn't fall for an email scam or give your info out to friends/etc.

Well if they keylogged me then why didn't they bother with the other 2 accounts with guild bank access and 8+ geared level 80's?

Doesn't make sense to me. Every option seems less likely than the other. I have real-time antivirus and windows 7 firewall so I have no idea how anything fishy could make its way through.

I love how he's the mouth breather that still manages to get hacked and is calling everyone else idiots. :)

Graphix, someone I know got hacked recently and it was because he never updated his Adobe Flash. Back like 6months-1year ago there was a security breach in Flash software that allowed the hackers to get in.

So, did you update your flash when everyone (wow, wow-related websites, log in screen, friends, etc) told you to?

I had downloaded flash when I installed 7 but I never updated it nor did I read anything about it. Never saw anything on the login screens about it, but I play sporadically so it wouldn't surprise me if I missed it. I don't really keep up with the WoW webpages and what not. I usually rely on my buddies who keep up with it better than I do.

If what you say is true, then that's the only possible security hole I can think of.

Zeph, quit being a dick. You guys are being assholes for no reason, so I react accordingly.

Back