Are you all farming your 251 rings? Better hurry!

Shopper47

Veteran X
ICC rewards rings much like Kara did, and you can nonstop re-enter it and clear the trash for decent rep (15 per kill, 75 per guard). I hit friendly in... 2.5 runs? and for a 251 ring for it.

The Ashen Verdict - Faction - World of Warcraft

Here is the faction showing what rings you get (no quest involved, just talk to the dude at the entrance when you hit said reps and get it instantly).

The shitty thing is that blizzard is nerfing rep to 5 from 15 for all, so you have until tuesday to hook yourself up with a badass ring for basically free.

Oh and just a note, the skeles explode on death for 10k, so if you're an enh sham like me, you'll fucking die... a lot.

Still, almost honored, 259 ring then!

Avoiding the skeleton explosion isn't hard. Especially if your group realizes it's not an AoE pull.

The best rep in there is off the huge skeleton guards at 300 rep total for all 4. We have been farming but we did our 10mans last night so no more farming this week :eek:

Avoiding the skeleton explosion isn't hard. Especially if your group realizes it's not an AoE pull.

The best rep in there is off the huge skeleton guards at 300 rep total for all 4. We have been farming but we did our 10mans last night so no more farming this week :eek:

Yeah this is a pug group mainly, so it is always an aoe pull. I just try to run for it when shit gets low because there can be 20-40k of damage coming pretty fucking close if it all gets aoe'd at the same time.

Oh and the guards have the biggest cleave ever.

First time I did it we killed all the trash before Marrogar, including those deathbone statue trap mobs, and got 885 rep. 4 runs would get you friendly, just have to be coordinated about it and not have people bug the fuck out when they step on the traps.

Make sure you have a rogue in your group to stealth and spot them, then when you've cleared the mobs around the trap have them trip it and cloak.

True, I've been hearing the traps move though. Move as in change location every 5 minutes or something, I dunno though I'm not a rogue so I don't know how it looks. Guess it's easier just to clear out one corner, pull trash to it and repeat until you can get the trap to a place where it can be safely tripped.

The hardest part in pugs is keeping the rogues from disarming the traps...

True, I've been hearing the traps move though. Move as in change location every 5 minutes or something, I dunno though I'm not a rogue so I don't know how it looks. Guess it's easier just to clear out one corner, pull trash to it and repeat until you can get the trap to a place where it can be safely tripped.

The hardest part in pugs is keeping the rogues from disarming the traps...

A rogue has to look constantly for the trap. It's not because it moves, but that it doesn't show up until you're close.

There are a lot of people in my old guild at Exalted now, and I think SF has a few as well.

I can't personally be fucked to farm that shit though. I'll hit Exalted soon enough anyway, and likely before hardmodes are out to begin with. Having 277 gear now, while "cool", is entirely worthless since all the content is a joke.

A rogue has to look constantly for the trap. It's not because it moves, but that it doesn't show up until you're close.

Is that how it works? Well then the real problem is telling them not to disarm the thing, because last rep farming group I had the two rogues continued to disarm them after being told not to, like it was some programmed behavior. Or maybe it's just rogues haven't used the trap mechanics since what? BWL?

The idea to farm the place is to (obviously) pull every mob. The trick is that the rogues need to tell the group WHERE the traps are so you don't AOE pull a bunch of stuff and suddenly the big guy comes out.

In a guild run, it's usually not an issue. In a pug run, it's almost a guaranteed wipe.

So no, they should obviously not be disarming it. It's 75 rep.

Back