Mage or Warlock?

this. as i've leveled my mage (currently 71), i've been doing a bunch of battlegrounds every bracket. since 29, one thing has remained entirely consistent: if you don't get the jump on ANYONE, you're dead before you can turn around to fight, or get a cast off

i'm assuming resilience changes all of this, because i've seen some frost mages absolutely dominate in arenas and 1v1

Depends if I'm frost or arcane in pvp

I don't have many problems as frost, arcane if someone gets the jump diff story :(

mages are fun as fuck in battlegrounds

My mage is spec arcane. You've got iceblock, frost nova, slow, arcane barrage, invisibility... etcetera. I harass with arcane barrage and slow from a distance, hopefully arcane missiles procs. Usually anticipate the close quarters and frost nova and save blink for any bullshit stuns and iceblock if focus fired.

I tried ice spec for awhile, but it didn't jive well.

For arena, its alright ... the 4x damage with arcane blast is a real killer if they let you build up.

Warlock is alright. I found it hard to get any distance on close quarters combat, the shield comes in handy or the succubus. The nuke is great, but is a little difficult to get going with all that's going on. The aoe stun is fun and if you go affliction spec, its annoying to do the instant aoe fear too.

I don't pve much so I can't really say much there.

mages are fun as fuck in battlegrounds

My mage is spec arcane. You've got iceblock, frost nova, slow, arcane barrage, invisibility... etcetera. I harass with arcane barrage and slow from a distance, hopefully arcane missiles procs. Usually anticipate the close quarters and frost nova and save blink for any bullshit stuns and iceblock if focus fired.

I tried ice spec for awhile, but it didn't jive well.

For arena, its alright ... the 4x damage with arcane blast is a real killer if they let you build up.

Warlock is alright. I found it hard to get any distance on close quarters combat, the shield comes in handy or the succubus. The nuke is great, but is a little difficult to get going with all that's going on. The aoe stun is fun and if you go affliction spec, its annoying to do the instant aoe fear too.

I don't pve much so I can't really say much there.

I wasn't aware affliction had an aoe stun?

I was just reminded that the changes to Mages in 3.3 make them even more attractive. Frost is getting a pretty hefty boost, including a glyph to make your Water Elemental a permanent pet! How hot is that?!?!

Frost will definitely be better but it still won't be competitive enough in a top raid environment. I think it will be good for 10mans if say your raid doesn't have a replenish. And the other good thing is if you're already geared for arcane a transition to Frost is pretty simple. Still, since they took out the frostbolt change the rotation is still going to be dumb.

I spent a shitload of badges and honor on some pvp gear, enchanted it, gemmed it and it made such an immediate difference in Wintergrasp. Of course, there's so much lag in wintergrasp I fail to see any point to haste.

Back