decent rogue leveling build (paging Pessi)

My first rogue (back before Assassination had Mut) I was stubborn about being daggers. it sucked until mut, then it rocked. My second time around on RAF during WotLK I did combat, at 60 I found it to be more fun and a bit more... dynamic I think. Single-target mut you do get a pattern down, but with combat you can mix things around depending on single-target, multi-target or "world" PvP. Strictly just for leveling though, everyone knows you change that shit up once you hit 80 and get into a raid/group mode and gear to support it.

I suppose it would depend on weapons yeah but once you get to 70 I think it evens out. You can pick up just as many reasonable axes, swords, and maces as you can knives by the time you get to Northrend.

Imo Combat is much easier to solo level. You have more skills for multiple mobs and a much easier time soloing elites (adren rush + blade flurry + slice and dice + evasion = most elites dead).

Plus you can rock the Borean Smasher until 65 then get your Crimson Cranium Crusher in the ZD Arena, and then hit 80, respec ruptureless mut and pull decent enough numbers to get into most runs and gear up quickly.

i've always leveled my rogues as subtlety, once i could get hemo. the idea of actually being a rogue (subtlety) was nice, in addition to not feeling like a flimsy warrior as combat.

for 80 and raiding, afaik mut is bar none superior once you've got the daggers

Just grab the sword heirloom weapons and steam roll shit. That's what I've been doing on my rogue.

Youre better off getting the 1.4 speed dagger offhand and not speccing into any of the weapon specs opting for the filler points in endurance and imp sprint talents instead

Youre better off getting the 1.4 speed dagger offhand and not speccing into any of the weapon specs opting for the filler points in endurance and imp sprint talents instead
An extra attack is worth more to me than those talents. :shrug:

Even if I didn't spec in any weapons, I'd still get both swords. Dal'Rend's has a higher damage range, and Thrash Blade has the extra hit proc. That combined with the 5% extra hit talent, you proc an extra hit quite often.

An extra attack is worth more to me than those talents. :shrug:

Even if I didn't spec in any weapons, I'd still get both swords. Dal'Rend's has a higher damage range, and Thrash Blade has the extra hit proc. That combined with the 5% extra hit talent, you proc an extra hit quite often.

Just put your talents wherever the fuck you want. It's a class with 3 DPS trees, you can't fuck it up too bad if you just randomly dump them all in the same tree (for leveling anyways).

That's a bit retarded to say to be honest. Some talents are pretty much only for leveling, and can make leveling easier. And of course on the flip side, some talents are pretty much only effective in groups and/or raids. I suppose you can go straight down a tree and just fill up whatever you want, but it's not efficient :shrug:

Leveling a rogue is easy and fast...

Stealth is your friend...

Leveling a warrior is painful and slow...

I got all the heirlooms on my warrior alt and he's killing his way through shit EZ-style, maybe it slows down later on? At 1 - 10 he's 2-shotting shit and getting 40 - 50 rage every time he hits something.

I got all the heirlooms on my warrior alt and he's killing his way through shit EZ-style, maybe it slows down later on? At 1 - 10 he's 2-shotting shit and getting 40 - 50 rage every time he hits something.

Ummmm yeah... It sounds like you're playing in "god mode".

As we all know warriors are heavily gear dependent, and as such can woop serious ass when well geared for their level.

I leveled my warrior as my first character on a horde server back in the day way before "heirlooms". I had no gold or equipment.

I just started playing wow again 5 days ago and I hit 69 (from 60) with my rogue and I have to say I'm really enjoying the game a lot again.

Combat is pretty freaking sweet for PvE. It's hard to pass up blade flurry or whatever that thing is that allows you to hit more than one enemy. Hitting blade flurry and then Killing Spree pretty much owns...

Back