Buying this game tomorrow to try

SL83

Veteran XV
What are some tips for someone completely new to MMOs?

I'll probably be going Republic, but aside from that no idea what else.

Human? Some other race? Jedi Knight? Some other shit?

Dunno how these games play out at all.

Seems like majority of TW empire players are on Vulkar Highway. There's also some on Veela (probably the better server population balance-wise). Republic guild is on The Fatman. Republic has near instant pvp warzone queues, Empire has to wait quite a while. Will also have to deal with a lot of retards rolling them because it's "cool" and "edgy"... but they do kinda have the cooler classes and aesthetics overall -_-

Races don't matter, pure aesthetics.

I was a jedi consular shadow on Rwoookkoororrow something

and now i am a Jedi Knight on the same server

Consular SUCKS!

It's been my observation that it's the most popular class selected by a large margin (including Sith Inq on the Imp side). What didn't you like about it? Or was there something you initially wanted that the class couldn't provide?

I was under the impression Inquisitor/Consular were the "caster" caste of the Force users and Knights/Warriors were the "lightsaber" caste. What makes the saber ones better than the Force ones?

Also the lot of you can breathe a sigh of relief, I have no intentions to play TOR and I'm highly skeptical there will be any motivation to do so. WoW was a fun ride, but I think I'm done with MMOs in general if not for now then forever.

It's been my observation that it's the most popular class selected by a large margin (including Sith Inq on the Imp side). What didn't you like about it? Or was there something you initially wanted that the class couldn't provide?

I wanted DPS/rape everyone and didn't realize it was a support/healer class/tank

If you go sage/sorc, spec balance/madness. It's pretty amazing for pvp. I pretty much rape any other class 1v1 (granted, most people are terrible at PvP, but still roll on PvP servers...), but I've yet to fight a good scoundrel/op and have a feeling they may give me some trouble with their opening burst. Also very fun in WZs and you have the option to respec heals if you want to change it up once in a while. Solid class.

Back