Death Punch Studios filling positions.

Death Punch Studios is looking for members to fill positions for the release of the upcoming game Renegades. We are a brand new Indie Game Developer and our first project will be Renegades, a Tribes 1 old-school Elite Renegades mod inspired game. The game will be release through online sources such as Steam and the official Renegades website. Renegades will be sold at around $20 and profits will be shared amongst the team.

Currently we are looking for 3 positions:

• Lead Programmer – responsible for the programming of all game functions as directed by project manager. C# experience is preferred but Java/C++ experience is good too.

• Lead 3D Artist – responsible for the modeling, animation and texturing of all game assets to include player characters, turrets, buildings and weapons. 3DSMax experience preferred but Maya and Blender are good too. Please, no Google Sketchup.

• Lead 2D Artist – responsible for ingame graphics to include GUI elements, textures for 3D Models, Terrain, etc. Will also be responsible for Website graphics on occasion.
Applicants should be dedicated, hard working, self-motivated, organized and creative. There will be no set hours for work but there will be deadlines that must be met. You will choose your own schedule and work on your own time in order to meet deadlines set by the project manager. Deadlines will be forgiving but not over relaxed. It is also a major benefit if you are an old-school Renegades player or even base Tribes Players.

Renegades is an FPS+Z game with RTS elements. Heavily or even totally inspired by the Elite Renegades mod for Tribes 1, Renegades will bring back the fast paced adrenaline packed game play experience of its inspirer to the modern gaming community. Yes, there is another Studio out there creating a Tribes Style game, but we all know what happens when a bunch of people who have never played Tribes get together to make a Tribes game, it becomes a disaster. Many people have been waiting for over 10 years for a viable successor to Tribes 1, Renegades hopes to become just that.
If you have the talent, drive and commitment to creating a true to the original Tribes 1 game and are sick and tired of watching other game companies fail, please send us a resume to leeleatherwood @ gmail.com.

Attached is an image of the Renegades Medium Armor:

http://heavenswail2.com/renegades/images/GroupShot.png
GroupShot.png

[/COLOR]This is a video showing the Boost function, Jetpack, Suicide function and Flag attachment system.
YouTube - Game 2011-05-12 13-10-41-53.avi

This is a video showing the Boost function, Zoom, Jetpack and Flag attachment system.
YouTube - Game 2011-05-12 13-00-33-58.avi

This is a video showing the ability to attach object to player and apply effects to the player. In this case, it is an Energy Pack and when attached increases the players base energy regeneration rate.
YouTube - Game 2011-05-12 13-02-15-96.avi

This video is showing the ability to pick up and deploy items, in this case it is a laser turret. Sorry for the crappy model, it is a placeholder.
YouTube - Game 2011-05-12 13-03-05-38.avi

Last edited:
BWAAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

This is even more pathetic than Asscension.

Please tell me some of those failures are on board this project, surely this time it'll all go well! :lol:

I am sorry you guys do not like Renegades mod. I knew coming here would get alot of hate by base players.

On the other hand, Renegades will be very easy to convert to "base" style gameplay by just disabling some functions of the game. This way both parties can be happy.

At this point in time, I feel Renegades mod players and base players should unite instead of hating each other. Our community is already small enough.

somewhat or totally influenced by renegades = happy mod included

We don't embrace you guys because you guys embrace cheats

somewhat or totally influenced by renegades = happy mod included

We don't embrace you guys because you guys embrace cheats

I havent played Tribes in at least 7 years. The only cheat out at the times I think was happyflag, I never used it, only seen it in screenshots.

Oh yeah, they did have skins for mines that turn them yellow, but I never used those either.

Sorry.

Oh ok then.

So, what the fuck makes you think you're qualified again?

Wait, let me guess: you're like, really motivated? :lol:

What makes me not qualified?

All the features you see in those Youtube videos i have added in about 2-3 weeks.

The engine I am using only comes with very basic FPS functionality. Everything more than that I have programmed.

I am almost complete with all "Base" systems like the Flag, Deployables, Packs, Jetpack, etc. Once I have all the base systems complete I will start on Artwork, Sound, etc.

i would like to apply for lead programmer position

experience

-head dev tribes 1 (my nick was got Milk? back then)
-lead programmer quake 3
-various other games

i would like to apply for lead programmer position

experience

-head dev tribes 1 (my nick was got Milk? back then)
-lead programmer quake 3
-various other games

lol yeah ok.

Listen guys im not trying to start shit or anything, but we all love Tribes 1 gameplay.

Alot of you guys are playing Tribes 1 still and are plagued by its problems being such an old game. Also from reading the forums I can see that cheating is rampant.

Wouldn't someone like to help bring Tribes 1 back to life in one form or another?

Also whats "LT"? They didnt have that when I played and I can see its very popular now.

What makes me not qualified?

All the features you see in those Youtube videos i have added in about 2-3 weeks.

The engine I am using only comes with very basic FPS functionality. Everything more than that I have programmed.

I am almost complete with all "Base" systems like the Flag, Deployables, Packs, Jetpack, etc. Once I have all the base systems complete I will start on Artwork, Sound, etc.
Ok, look kid, you have absolutely no fucking idea about the magnitude of making a game, presupplied engine notwithstanding. I'm sure you're having fun dicking around with the scripts, but there's a reason games take years for dozens of people to develop.

But no, the fact that this is Tribes (or rather, what you think of as Tribes) gives you super competence and productivity, right?

You do realize that bigger and more feasible Tribes-remake projects than this have failed, don't you?

How much will you be paying me?

Milkman, I have seen some of your work with the Tribes 1 GUI. To be honest you are the #1 reason I have posted this on Tribal War forums. I wanted to get you interested.

Right now I am looking at 15% profit sharing with the lead positions. Myself included as a lead position. If can do work in other areas possibly more.

Milkman, I have seen some of your work with the Tribes 1 GUI. To be honest you are the #1 reason I have posted this on Tribal War forums. I wanted to get you interested.

Right now I am looking at 15% profit sharing with the lead positions. Myself included as a lead position. If can do work in other areas possibly more.
Profit? You're actually trying to sell this piece of shit? :lol:

And just what is the marketing policy here? Who's your target audience, and how will you reach out to them? What will your customer service be like? What are you main selling points?

Have you ever considered any of the above questions for just a fraction of a second before embarking on this vastly promising business venture?

this is a big undertaking for a project with what looks like no initial funding

you're asking people to put in a lot of hours for no money for a long time

Ok, look kid, you have absolutely no fucking idea about the magnitude of making a game, presupplied engine notwithstanding. I'm sure you're having fun dicking around with the scripts, but there's a reason games take years for dozens of people to develop.

But no, the fact that this is Tribes (or rather, what you think of as Tribes) gives you super competence and productivity, right?

You do realize that bigger and more feasible Tribes-remake projects than this have failed, don't you?

Listen, I dont want to argue with you.

I will just state that I know fully what making a game entails. We are not going for a AAA title, we are going for an Indie title with decent graphics are great gameplay.

I am fully aware of other developers who have took years to develope a game that looked amazing (for its time) but also had shitty gameplay not true to the original.

Infact, my #1 goal for this project is gameplay that is as close to the original Tribes 1 gameplay as possible.

Again, If all you want to do is belittle and argue, suit yourself. I dont have time to waste arguing with naysayers that will never make anything of themselves. I may not make anything of myself its a possibility, but atleast I am trying.

:cheers:

Back