Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no?

Stork has all the new best skins to promote the game better. Far better than the stock ones. Better skys, bases, weapon skins etc.

Thanks for all you're thoughts and efforts already. This has me excited, someone who has that much following willing to put effort into Tribes.

I can help take some of that "work" load off you, if you want it.

Stork has all the new best skins to promote the game better. Far better than the stock ones. Better skys, bases, weapon skins etc.

Thanks for all you're thoughts and efforts already. This has me excited, someone who has that much following willing to put effort into Tribes.

I can help take some of that "work" load off you, if you want it.

Oh, okay i see what you're saying: so then if he made an install and I used that for my videos and that's what was provided, people'd probably be much more into the game?

Sounds like a great idea, that'll definitely help bridge the graphical gap between tribes and today's games. Once you guys have something like that ready, i'll use that for the videos then :)

And about helping me with the workload, just giving me advice is more than enough: i'm fine with doing all the work myself and then showing you guys stuff like works in progress to see what you all think, I do best when i'm doing everything myself. Not saying you guys suck or would screw it up, but you get what I mean, I definitely still want to use clips of you guys doing ridiculous stuff on the game too.

And no problem about all this: I got some of my subscribers by doing a wide variety of games and videos, and introducing people to a lot of games they may not have played/known about.

It makes me happy to try and promote stuff I think's really awesome when I know it deserves more players, more people buying it, whatever else, so I don't mind at all to do all this work. :) That, and it's more experience in video editing, which I can always use since i'm majoring in it/going for a career in it.

Last edited:
I've been messing with a whole new install for the past couple of weeks now.
I'm in the process of making new base skins and redoing some player skins.

There is a small problem though.

1.40 doesn't support some of the nicer 1.30 huds. So maybe I'll make a nice 1.30 and then add some of the skins to the 1.40 leak and you can link two different full installs.

This is what my 1.30 looks like currently:
newkj.png

new2c.png

the skins look nice, so do the textures, but i'd probably say to stay away from two different installs.

A lot of my viewers aren't idiots or anything, but making it as non-confusing as possible is best: i made a video a day or two ago linking to this site:

FtB B2 - Home

and a few people asked me "where to download the game", not realizing that you need to click on the squares on the site to play songs.

That, and same goes for the HUD: whatever HUD i used (have to admit I prefer the stock one, but that's just me) would be what we should keep for the install we link to also, again just to prevent confusion.

Not saying "omg gtfo" though, i appreciate all the work :) im just saying what I think would make it easiest/smoothest for people to join up and not be confused is all.

I think if you leave it all stock it's not going to attract peoples eyes. Skins, Hud's, Sky's, and etc make it look clean, smooth, and not so old. lol Just my thought.

its cool, i was just putting the option out there.

oh no, i definitely think we should go with the improved textures and skies and weapons and all that.

The only thing I was a bit on the fence about was the altered HUD's: personally the one you linked looks like the text is too small to be able to read clearly on the backgrounds.

Either way I definitely think the improved textures should be used for both the version of the game we'd link to and the videos themselves. I'd like to try a few HUD's if you've got them to see if maybe it's just the picture making it look hard to read, and it'd look better while actually playing.

Also, are there any servers running some of the super old mods? Like Deviousland, TAC? I think TAC might actually be fun for some of the newbies, due to a few reasons.

Last edited:
oh no, i definitely think we should go with the improved textures and skies and weapons and all that.

The only thing I was a bit on the fence about was the altered HUD's: personally the one you linked looks like the text is too small to be able to read clearly on the backgrounds.

Either way I definitely think the improved textures should be used for both the version of the game we'd link to and the videos themselves. I'd like to try a few HUD's if you've got them to see if maybe it's just the picture making it look hard to read, and it'd look better while actually playing.

It's VERY easy to increase the size and color of the text. I can put in backgrounds as well.

I could make the text take up the entire screen in 2 seconds. All of the huds are easily positioned and resized with a click of a mouse.

This is something I was screwing around with for another tribes video project. -
tribes2009.png

another interesting mod that might be fun to advertise is team rabbit

lots of wow factor in terms of speed and stuff, and can be explained in one line: pass the flag and do tricks while doing it

This would be a much more solid idea if done for Tribes 2 instead. Both games are pretty much in the same boat at this point, except Tribes 2 has 100x more potential. The only reason anyone even plays Tribes 1 now is because they were disappointed at Tribes 2's release almost 10 years ago and refused to ever give it another chance, even though it's a completely different game now. I'm sure many short-sighted T1 players will rage out at this idea, but the plain inarguable fact is that pimping Tribes 2 would be much, much healthier for the Tribes series than pimping Starsiege: Tribes.

the other attempts to revive tribes were all pretty bad, and they all appealed to the people on this forum who:
- can't get over nostalgia
- were never good to begin with
- waste peoples time by claiming interest but never actually going through with anything

and despite that, you seem to think those revivals failed, but it's all about how you are quantifying it. if you expected the revivals to make tribes into a mainstream game - newsflash: it never was. all the drafts, throwback, lasthope, hudbot, weekly pickups - they all significantly revived the game and player base. you probably don't understand this because you're so detached from the community and too focused on your invented past to realize it

his videos seem to get 10k views after a month, and seem to average out at around 30k views after 6 months. he has dozens of videos which have 1-4 million views and 90,000 subscribers. the sheer volume of those viewers means that if maybe even 5-10% of those people try the game out for a week, we'll have as large of a player base as tribes had back in 99-00 if not larger. they'll all be horrible, but sheer volume is what we need these days, not quality. which is why appealing to this forum was always the wrong approach, because for about 8 years this forum has had neither to offer.

im not saying this is the deus ex machina which will revive tribes, but it's safe to say that it will easily bring in at least 5x our current player base. it may interest server owners (specifically stork, maverick, oldman/bugs) to put up a server for a month as well, and perhaps azurite can do a shoutout to branzone server hosting and branzone could throw in a server or two to help us out

it takes like literally no effort on anyone's part short of azurite's video editing itself, so i don't see why you come here as a never was and tell people that tribes is dead as if you have some carnal fear that people still enjoy playing it. when people like you insistently tell the current players that the game isn't fun anymore, the game takes no skill anymore, the past was better - all that we can see is a psychological similarity between you and the members of the westboro baptist church.

its a video game, you need to stop living in the past and looking through rose colored glasses. i hardly play at all these days, but a good idea is a good idea - especially a harmless one with good intentions that requires zero contribution on your part. hes offering to do a multiple video guide and shoutout to his viewer base, and you guys are shooting it down due to being jaded or run out of the game at some point
straw-man.jpg

This would be a much more solid idea if done for Tribes 2 instead. Both games are pretty much in the same boat at this point, except Tribes 2 has 100x more potential. The only reason anyone even plays Tribes 1 now is because they were disappointed at Tribes 2's release almost 10 years ago and refused to ever give it another chance, even though it's a completely different game now. I'm sure many short-sighted T1 players will rage out at this idea, but the plain inarguable fact is that pimping Tribes 2 would be much, much healthier for the Tribes series than pimping Starsiege: Tribes.

Can't I do both? I'm much more familiar with Tribes 1, as yeah, when T2 came out there were a list of things i disliked about it compared to T1. I haven't tried T2 since, but again, I could just make videos for both games, first for T1, and then for T2.

another interesting mod that might be fun to advertise is team rabbit

lots of wow factor in terms of speed and stuff, and can be explained in one line: pass the flag and do tricks while doing it

I'd forgotten all about rabbit, that'd be a good one to include also.

Back