Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no? by azuritereaction - Page 14 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no?
Page 14 of 30
Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
261 - 10-24-2010, 00:05
he said he might do both bro

Sponsored Links
azuritereaction
Veteran²
Old
262 - 10-24-2010, 00:10
so now that hi-rez owns tribes, is tribes 1/2 no longer free, can i no longer link to the beta etc.?

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
263 - 10-24-2010, 00:13
azurite is trying to get out of the mess he started. lol. yes, it's free. you can make a video and link to it.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
264 - 10-24-2010, 00:15
if playtribes is truly dead, maybe andrew will release a more current version of 1.40. Rumor has it that he never stopped editing it.

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
265 - 10-24-2010, 00:32
yeah, because that would be legal for andrew to do that.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
266 - 10-24-2010, 00:40
perhaps we can acquire it the way we acquired the beta. heeeheeeheee.

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
267 - 10-24-2010, 00:46
alarik is our only hope.

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
268 - 10-24-2010, 08:34
release release. Yay, more 10 years of standby

Mr. Hated
VeteranXX
Old
269 - 10-24-2010, 10:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn_Essence View Post
so wait you're doing t1 and not t2
wat
do t2 u fool
noone cares about that trainwreck of a game here

azuritereaction
Veteran²
Old
270 - 10-24-2010, 15:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFiX View Post
azurite is trying to get out of the mess he started. lol. yes, it's free. you can make a video and link to it.
lol not trying to get out of it, i just want to make sure it's still alright

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
271 - 10-24-2010, 16:53
now you must finish what you have started......

TribalCozA
Veteran³
Old
272 - 10-24-2010, 20:56
azurite theres a ladder match for ren in 30 mins on txm armor server if you wanna come demo

uNLeaSHeD.
Veteran++
Old
273 - 10-25-2010, 00:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by azuritereaction View Post
so now that hi-rez owns tribes, is tribes 1/2 no longer free, can i no longer link to the beta etc.?
Sorry to say but Hi-Rez won't do **** for tribes just like every other company or whatever the **** you want to call them!!

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
274 - 10-26-2010, 07:05
So azur, are you ****ing recording already? >=O roar

Mindflayr
VeteranXV
Old
275 - 10-27-2010, 19:32
Just hopping in to say, No idea why you would waste your time with T1 on this. The community is dead. So few are active, that when your viewers go to the master server and see empty servers, they will bail. The few people playing ate LT Elitists and will likely treat your new players like **** while owning them.

Tribes 2 Classic on the other hand, is Tribes 1 with better graphics, Balanced Vehicles, New players still joining on their own (especially with the New Tribes MMo Announcement), Its still Free, and not only has active servers 24/7 , there is still a competative community left playing TWl matches in 7 v 7.

THis isnt meeant to be an attack on you, Ive spent the last decade trying to help T1/ T2 / TV by running years of Pickup Games, Fan Sites, etc. But T1 is dead .. leave it for the elitists. If youw ant to introduce new people to the best version of game (and the one that is still played) , do it with Tribes 2.

I am now prepared for incoming flames from the few T1 Players left who won't admit to reality.

P.S. - More importantly than any other aspec, because t2classic has vehicles and more equipment, it has many more "Newbie Freindly" roles to help people get into the game rather than just straight fighting/flag O/D like t1 which leads to just being owned 1000s of times in a row for a new player.

Mindflayr
VeteranXV
Old
276 - 10-27-2010, 19:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
Listen, you want Michael Bay action not Sophia Coppola brooding atmosphere.

People want crazy MAs, lightning-fast caps, 200 yard passes, people getting CGed into bits, bodyblocks crazy ****.

Just give them that to a cool song (NOT Drowning Pool - Bodies) and you're a lock.
Also, this ios incorrect. We tried this with the Global Agenda Players on the Tribes Universe forum and they couldnt comprehend the "MA Videos" or even Epic Match Videos. The slower paced videos that showed different roles in the game made a much bigger impact, and they were very thankful when we changed our recommendations.

TribalCozA
Veteran³
Old
277 - 10-27-2010, 19:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflayr View Post
Just hopping in to say, No idea why you would waste your time with T1 on this. The community is dead. So few are active, that when your viewers go to the master server and see empty servers, they will bail. The few people playing ate LT Elitists and will likely treat your new players like **** while owning them.

Tribes 2 Classic on the other hand, is Tribes 1 with better graphics, Balanced Vehicles, New players still joining on their own (especially with the New Tribes MMo Announcement), Its still Free, and not only has active servers 24/7 , there is still a competative community left playing TWl matches in 7 v 7.

THis isnt meeant to be an attack on you, Ive spent the last decade trying to help T1/ T2 / TV by running years of Pickup Games, Fan Sites, etc. But T1 is dead .. leave it for the elitists. If youw ant to introduce new people to the best version of game (and the one that is still played) , do it with Tribes 2.

I am now prepared for incoming flames from the few T1 Players left who won't admit to reality.

P.S. - More importantly than any other aspec, because t2classic has vehicles and more equipment, it has many more "Newbie Freindly" roles to help people get into the game rather than just straight fighting/flag O/D like t1 which leads to just being owned 1000s of times in a row for a new player.
im sorry to say, but t2 is ****ing horrible
i even tried it a couple days ago
it makes me want to kill myself
& tbh, you basically have the same amount of numbers we do

azurite, you filming yet buddy?

Mindflayr
VeteranXV
Old
278 - 10-27-2010, 20:08
The numbers arent close. T2 Classic has a 24/7 server with nearly 60 players in it all day, and even at the dead of night still has 20+ people. It may not be a lot, but there is always an active game. A Pickup every week to 2, and multiple competative teams.

When I log into T1 I see 10 people, ir during peak time the same 20 dudes (at most) playing LT. It doesnt show off what the genre CAN do, just what its past was. It is much less likely to attract new players as doing the same thing in T2 Classic.

Of course it depends what your goal is.

For the t1 vets, its a few more players for a few months before the game flatlines again.

For me its to bring new players into the Tribes Genre, hopefully playing the existing game T2 Classic for now, and then transition over to the new game as it is developed.

I am looking for permanent players to help grow the genre. You are looking for new blood to own for a few months attempting to relive glory days that will never happen again.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
279 - 10-27-2010, 20:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflayr View Post
If youw ant to introduce new people to the best version of game (and the one that is still played) , do it with Tribes 2.

maybe the t1 players should switch to t2. that way they lose better physics, better graphics(hudbot), easy customization. not to mention better flag physics(passing in t2 isn't as good as t1), beacons stops, jumps, and hangs.

I'm sure they will love playing in goon haven. 50 players all mindlessly roaming around the map while 1 guy on each team attempts to actually play CTF.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
280 - 10-27-2010, 20:17
as far as the server deal goes...I've already offered to put up a server for these new players. I'm sure a few others will as well.

Page 14 of 30

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
newbies , tutorials , video , voting , youtube