ET - Quake Wars Mod: Tribal Wars

Arcanox

Contributor
Veteran X
[Release] Tribal Wars Mod

The release is underway! The Modification for ETQW which brings in some of the classic elements of Starsiege: Tribes is now complete and available to the general public. The modification features Jetpacks, New Weapons, two new Maps, and a CTF Gametype.

This project has been in development for quite some time, and it's involved a lot of help from many individuals. They've really put in a quality effort over the months of development, and their knowledge and talent has really made this mod possible. I'd really like to thank everyone who was involved with the development of this project, I doubt I could have done it without you. I've invested a good amount of my own time into this project and I've really enjoyed some of the struggles and successes along the way. In the end though, I've come away with a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. I hope that many of you enjoy playing the mod, as much as I did developing it.

There are many people from different communities that have expressed some interest in playing the mod, and even creating content for it. It's only fitting that there is a place to gather and share information about this unique project. We've established a set of forums specifically for this mod where you can get all of the resources and support for Tribal Wars:

Tribal Wars Forums - Index page

Additionally we have an irc channel. You can find us on irc.quakenet.org, #twars

Last but not least, a list of mirrors and locations you can download the mod from:

Windows Only Installers:

Mod-DB:
Tribal Wars v1.0 download - Mod DB

Fileplanet:
FilePlanet: Tribal Wars Mod

Filefront:
http://www.filefront.com/15851859/twars_setup.exe/

Mega Upload:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Last edited:
Here we go. It's looking great!:bigthumb:
I was gonna say something along the lines of "when did a Tribes project teaser not look great?", but then I remembered Ascension and their retardedly badly done trailer.

So congrats on putteing together something that doesn't make people vomit and laugh simultaneously, I suppose.

Oh yes, and I should have mentioned that Andrew put up an early video of some of his physics work. This was a very early build where I recreated a scale replica of a Tribes 1 map, and Andrew handled all of the terrain and texture map stuff. We used this map to check the accuracy of the physics and came out pretty well:

Some others mentioned that they felt things looked a little floaty, it's more or less the map (and the non-tribes players in that video), that give that impression. We're going to be working on a more classic map in the future.

So are you using pretty much the same physics from that youtube clip in the alpha? If so, do you plan on changing and of the physics before the final build? If not, what did you change?

THNX :)

The physics look far more T1 like than anything else, don't know why anyone would think otherwise. Best of luck with the project, the visual aspects are very promising.

The recording looks kind of jagged though, did you get decent FPS?

The physics look far more T1 like than anything else, don't know why anyone would think otherwise. Best of luck with the project, the visual aspects are very promising.

The recording looks kind of jagged though, did you get decent FPS?

FPS issue is a fraps thing and you'll have to take my word on it. My rig is decent, dual core proc 2.4ghz, 2 gigs of ram and a single 8800GT. I play the game maxxed at 1680x1050 and I don't have any lag issues. Fraps is just total garbage though, and I wasn't able to get access to another PC with a capture card for smooth video.

I think my buddy does have an extra box with a capture card, so I'll see if I can borrow his for future videos.

give me the mod and I'll capture HD footage for you using my HD capture card (captures to Motion JPG)

I might take you up on that... Demo playback is fully supported. I can fill you in on all the console commands to modify playback and we'll go along with that :)

I was really bummed at the video lag, I thought people would think my mod sucks because it dropped a few frames.

This actually looks very promising wow. And to know this is the same physics that Andrew used in that youtube vid. awesome.

The video just seems a bit choppy so I wonder is that the game or the video?
edit: never mind about the vid should read other posts prior to drooling.

Last edited:
Back