[MAP PACK] Released At Last

|CO|Kapeket!! said:
Are some of these maps setup with spawning in light armor?

Tell me it isn't so.

all maps are. hell, if VUG is going to stick us with a game where a mortar can kill a medium dead, why not spawn with mobility rather than clunky ol medium?

That was a odd choice to have spawning in light armor on these maps, that means if I want to use a portable inv I have to make a bunch of new favorites.

This would be like changing spawns in T1 and T2 to medium armor on some of the maps just for the hell of it. Even better, random armor spawn! everytime you spawn you don't know if you are going to get light, medium or heavy.

Geiss said:
all maps are. hell, if VUG is going to stick us with a game where a mortar can kill a medium dead, why not spawn with mobility rather than clunky ol medium?

You have lost all integrity.

Thanks for the quick answer and pathetic, jaundiced agenda taking over when you had a good thing going.

I would never support this effort in any form or fashion.

You guys just became modders. Thanks for nothing.

Fix it. Now.

|CO|Kapeket!! said:

Thanks for the quick answer and pathetic, jaundiced agenda taking over when you had a good thing going.

Fix it. Now.

:hurry: :signed: :signed: :signed:

one word.

WAH

1) mediums and lights will both be killed at spawn at the same damned rate if heavies are camping the base. therefore, what difference does it make at this point?
2) so you'll have to spend 2 minutes to reconfig your quickfavs. another WAH goes here.
3) bases will be up alot, or they wont be. its tribes. if they're up, who gives a flying fuck about spawning in light?!? if they're down, most tribes players, from day 1, have preffered to spawn in light, with the greater mobility granted to them, rather than medium. movement > 25 health.
4) its not some personal agenda, its not a fucking mod. its the way tribes has been, forever, and its the way this game should have been made as well.

any other issues why NOT to spawn in light?

This is an optional map pack that was tested http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364778 . Did you provide input during testing?

... and this

Originally Posted by |CO|Kapeket!!

Fix it. Now.

... is out of line.

First I heard of spawning in light... a fundamental change to the game seems a bit extreme for a map pack. Not that I won't play them, it's just very surprising.

Christ it would take all of like 30 minutes to change every map in the pack so that the spawn is the default medium. Its not that huge of a change, and for me its harder to chase naked in medium than in light.

Geiss, I just want to thank you for all your work into making this map pack. And, of course, all the great map-makers who slaved away in TV:Ed :)

You all rock.

|CO|Kapeket!! said:

Fix it. Now.

You my friend may have some real difficulties once you are out of the folks house and in the real world. You really cannot adapt to what is effectively a minor change? What happens when you face a real challenge like 'Hey, I just drank the mortgage payment!' or 'What do you mean you're pregnant?'

Here's a thought: STFU! Now!

It isn't a minor change to have all these maps spawn in light, it will be much easier for a heavy to hold a base with everyone spawning in light. Sure both medium and light can be killed with 1 mortar... but a medium can survive that mortar blast if just a little outside the explosion a light will not. By changing the default armor has made this a mod, it changes the basics of the game.

I guess the idea is for all servers to change over to this map/mod pack so that there are no maps that you spawn in medium, great way to keep any new players from getting into populate servers.

DeadlyRabbit said:
It isn't a minor change to have all these maps spawn in light, it will be much easier for a heavy to hold a base with everyone spawning in light. Sure both medium and light can be killed with 1 mortar... but a medium can survive that mortar blast if just a little outside the explosion a light will not. By changing the default armor has made this a mod, it changes the basics of the game.

yes, i realize this. problem is, also consider that right after that first mortar goes off, and you've got 10 health left, ONE grenade from your own team or one misfired disc, or any little fucking thing, will KILL you still. leaving that camping heavy an energy pack.

the idea was to give defensive chasers and base guarders a better chance for defense through mobility. i'm going on a limb with it, yes, but i'd think teams would feel better spawning in a more mobile armor over a clunky armor with 25 more health, which is the equivelant of a disc hit.

You added light spawn, you say its because it is needed to do what was right in T1/T2.

Then why stop? Get rid of the rover, get rid of the pods, get automated turrets on all maps in the pack.... you are not even applying this to all base maps. That is an agenda, not a fix.

Fixes are intended to fix something not right. This is an agenda, not a fix.

I came from mods in T1. This is a mod. This does not apply across the board to all maps so its a defined change on defined maps for defined agendas. Again, why not add more invos so everyone on a 20 player map can grab an invo? Why not add more spawn points on maps like Spiridian in outdoor areas instead? The easiest thing any mapper can do is add spawnpoints. That seems like a solution, rather than attempting to justify crying about base raping and dying on spawn.

I just don't see the need. Its a want. By what you claim are true vets. Just because people haven't been registered members of TribalWar, to quote you, for the last two years, does not make people unqualified to know what is right when it comes to changes you are attempting to make for biased reasons.

I think changing back to medium armor is an option. Change it back. Seems as simple to do as adding spawnpoints. An agenda exists here.

Back