Thrax: Where's the masses?

I tend to agree with PJ.

If we're fortunate enough to see a Tribes 3 we need a new engine. Like I stated before my biggest pet peave with T:V has got to be the lack of scale and depth. The only way you're going to be able to add that is with a new engine.

Right now TSE sounds like the best option for a future installment

[AKA]PanamaJack said:
You weren't there.

Now the way it was implimented is probably not what some thought it would be but everything they talked about at the Tribes Council IS in T:V. Small Maps, very fast movement, sport like gameplay (read that as deathmatch style), easy skiing/jetting, very small buildings/bases, no vehicles or vehicles that were of little use, ect... In otherwords everything the opposite of T2.

I was there. This is what I observed:

- PJ talked a grand total of 2 times. Previous to that, I thought he was a homeless guy that had wandered in as he looked like he was receiving chemotherapy during the council, and I'm not sure that wasn't the case. For all his posturing in this post, he really had nothing to contribute to the council.

- None of us were there to 'offer our opinion', we were there for Sierra's PR so they could try and sell us their idea of tribes. It did not originate from anyone at the council.

- Why is PJ here again? Sounds like the same whines I was hearing 3 years ago.

Are you sure? Because he has led EVERYONE to believe he was some sort of pivotal player in the Council, The Great Dissenter, The Grand Debunker, The Exalted Grand Pooh-Bah of "Things to Come". Had only the Council listened to him, the game, (and the day), would have been a triumphant success.

I suspected there was more to the story than we were hearing from PJ.

I will save this post. Thanx Rayn

Pachacutec said:
t:v is tribes, sorry to disappoint.
the only thing non-tribes about it is the oob, its too small and closed in.
get over yourselves.

Would you stop already Pacha?

You know, there is a "SLIGHT" possibility that you "COULD" be wrong.

Aesop-The evil one said:
Net, I look forward to reading your posts. You bring intelligence and comedy into the mix.

(Aesop, wondering if saying dufus is gay, suddenly remembers the name of Nets cat. Mittens.)

It didn't take you long :)

Aesop-The evil one said:
Are you sure? Because he has led EVERYONE to believe he was some sort of pivotal player in the Council, The Great Dissenter, The Grand Debunker, The Exalted Grand Pooh-Bah of "Things to Come". Had only the Council listened to him, the game, (and the day), would have been a triumphant success.

I suspected there was more to the story than we were hearing from PJ.

I will save this post. Thanx Rayn

Thrax .. . why don't you post under your real account? Oh . .. is it because you screwed up royally and still have yet to admit it?

Rayn said:
PJ talked a grand total of 2 times. Previous to that, I thought he was a homeless guy that had wandered in as he looked like he was receiving chemotherapy during the council, and I'm not sure that wasn't the case. For all his posturing in this post, he really had nothing to contribute to the council.

- None of us were there to 'offer our opinion', we were there for Sierra's PR so they could try and sell us their idea of tribes. It did not originate from anyone at the council.

Well, shit, if PJ talked 2 times, I guess that makes him the reason T:V sucks?

According to his logic, at least.

Aesop-The evil one said:
Saying you like the game is not praise. But god help anyone that likes to play T:V. We are the hellspawn. Heretics. Evil game lovers. Posting on a gaming forum.

shameful

You're dead on... By saying that praising T:V won't bring back Tribes, I was calling All T:V players, including myself that played it hardcore for months, a hellspawn heretic evil game lover. All you heretics must die.

Pachachutec said:
t:v is tribes, sorry to disappoint.
the only thing non-tribes about it is the oob, its too small and closed in.
get over yourselves.

Or maybe he said something like this ^. He told me, somebody he played T:V with him hardcore for months, that I need to "Get over myself, and that T:V is entirely Tribes." Sorry, but this is a joke, and warrented a response, if it hurt your feelings...

Thing is... Tribes Vengeance could have been great if the people working on it didn't ditch it like a drunk father that didn't like the look on his babies ugly face. I loved the game when it first came out.

I played T:V and enjoyed it immensly for a short period of time, then I realized it was broken when I was zooming around the map at 350+ km touching the ground for only brief moments, nullifying all chance of people being able to hit me with the broke ass, underpowered weapons.

If you enjoyed the game, FINE, PLAY IT. Don't sit here and rub caa caa in my face and tell me it's God's gift to mankind and that it's TRIBES. Because maybe, if you do that, I'll respond and tell you how broken the game design and balance was. I could list 30 reasons easy about why the game doesn't work. You need but ask.

It's not Tribes, it plays nothing like Tribes. Get over yourself?

So, I can sum up the last four months on these boards...

T:V Fanboy: T:V is good!
T1/2 Fanboy: It sucks. Fuck you.
T:V Fanboy: No, fuck YOU.
T1/2 Fanboy: lol! VUG knob polisher.
T:V Fanboy: lol! Whiny asshat.
T1/2 Fanboy: You're a n00b.
T:V Fanboy: OMG STFU cum guzzler.
(Slapping ensues.)
(Repeat.)

Rayn said:
I was there. This is what I observed:

- PJ talked a grand total of 2 times.

And it was more than that and directly to Marweas. The problem is people like YOU basically shouted down anything I had to say when it came to Tribes. That's when I realised I was like the Token Black Kid invited only to make it look like they were open minded. So it wasn't worth saying to much after getting shouted down. I even brought my concerns to Marweas PERSONALLY and he basically said "This is what the majority want in the next game and that's final.". So why even try to say anything more or change anything.

Rayn said:
Previous to that, I thought he was a homeless guy that had wandered in as he looked like he was receiving chemotherapy during the council, and I'm not sure that wasn't the case. For all his posturing in this post, he really had nothing to contribute to the council.

LOL! Well, let's see it was just a few months after I had been released from the hospital with a nice case of Menengitis that almost killed me. Yes, I know you will probably say something like "Well it should have." or something insensitive to that effect. You spend a month in the hospital wasting away while on some of the nastiest antibiotic IV solutions ever made by man. Stuff that actually breaks down the linings of your veins close to the injection site. Where they have to change the site every couple of days to prevent the drugs from causing hemorrages at the site.

Then there are the many months of outpatient care where I was barely able to get myself out of bed. I was lucky I even looked halfway alive when I arrived there. You wouldn't have looked much better. But then again you don't really care. :D

This is what I looked like two months before I went into the hospital.

pj.jpg

When I went to the TC I was a physical wreck. I will admit I was surprised that no one really mentioned that until now.

Rayn said:

And I agree that it was a total MARKETING PLOY. It was cheaper to fly in a few people, shmooze them in the hopes they would do the advertising for them instead of spending far more money advertising the games re-release.

But they TOLD everyone that the Tribes Council was to get the top people from the Tribes Universe together to discuss ideas and where the game should be going in the future.

And they TOLD everyone what I said before and you haven't denied it. Small maps, sport like game play, small 1-2 room buildings, faster and easier skiing/jetting, etc. You and everyone else there said GREAT! You endorsed everything they said without any reservations. It was a rubber stamp for what T:V turned out to be.

Last edited:
You guys act like what you say is right and should be looked upon as fact.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is half the eloquent words used here opinion and not fact?

Oh, but I love to hear the bicker.

Rooster128 said:
You guys act like what you say is right and should be looked upon as fact.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is half the eloquent words used here opinion and not fact?

Oh, but I love to hear the bicker.

Well there are a TON of opinions floating about.

Tribes may have done some lukewarm sales, but it was not anything resembling a smash hit. Thats a fact

Tribes seems to have divided the community even further apart. Thats all but a given (as evidenced here).

VUG AND TW did talk about the whole Tribal Council thing as if it was some "gathering of the minds" to discuss the future of the franchise (and Thrax and Mareweas DID make it sound like the purpose was to get the council to provide its "expert" input) Thats pretty much fact.

For all that people hate it apparently, T2 is the best selling of the franchise. Thats a fact (if it were otherwise, they would have touted numbers to that effect, and you KNOW it). So thats a fact.

The game has major issues that need to be resolved. Thats a fact.

So yeah there's a lot of facts in here. :wave:

Oh, I now there are facts. Notice I never said there weren't. Just look at what some of these people write though. I mean no offense or anything, but can't we all be a bit more open-minded to others opinions and not just asume yours is the only one that matters?

Back