[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

destroyer193 said:
From what I've read/heard... a majority of the people like the idea of the map as if it were hundreds of years earlier... as do i.

I agree. It fits with the storyline and you can really do some cool stuff.

Also guys take advantage of terrain macro layers. Thats why the terrain looks fantastic in the beta. They have diffrent layers of terrain that the engine renders. So it looks more realistic then just the same texture over and over.

Thanks. Not sure what to do about deployables... I might make a room under the base from the back...or on top of the back inv.

Santa said:
Work in progress...

workinprogress.JPG
THAT

IS

FVCKING

SICK!

gj man. make sure to ge the terrain right :p
thats the most important part

I thought about the invos inside, but it takes so long to "close" you'd never get them deployed.

I have to smooth the terrain. KPs script gives exact values.

That's cool and everything Santa but the way TV handles deployables the base will be too small to put any of the equipment in there, no wall turrets and no plasma turret means that even if you did put the deployables inside it would be a total death trap.

Reusing the height maps = cool, reusing the exact same base design for T:V = not so cool.

the base doesnt need to be necessarily exactly the same. yes i know you are attempted to recreate the map as well as possible, but you can place the manable turrets where the plasmas usually are and the coves where the invys usually are, widen them out a little bit and place your deployable ivys there lining the sides.

When people remake maps I hope they're planning on putting a lot of extra detail in. Nothing that would change the gameplay a ton, but just adding bells and whistles to the bases. Just adding pipes and stuff in places where it won't affect movement, but will look cool.

Maybe make the DX base a static mesh so you can have some chunks blown out of it (hard to do with just BSP). That thing gets hit with so many mortars its bound to get busted up some.

Back