[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on... by destroyer193 - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page [T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...
Page 6 of 37
FantasticDamage
VeteranX
Old
101 - 09-18-2004, 12:02
Just a suggestion: one of the things I noticed about many of the user-made maps for T2 was that most of the structures were way too high. It looks to me that without a big disc-jump or an energy pack, a med/heavy wouldn't be able to reach the top of those buildings from a standing position at the base. T:V is much more ground/ski based than the previous two Tribes, so the buildings should either be alot smaller, or easily accessible by the mountains around it.

Sponsored Links
Equaknox
VeteranX
Old
102 - 09-18-2004, 12:30
As far as T2 maps go, the only ones I would really like to see are:
-Damnation
-Minotaur
-Titan
-BeggersRun
-Feign

Now that you can choose your spawning location, it would make them 2x better.

Hell Phoenix
VeteranXV
Old
103 - 09-18-2004, 13:16
Anyone gonna take my "T1 Construction Maps" idea into effect? I wanna see those maps.

Nomble
Sigbot owns me
Old
104 - 09-18-2004, 13:44
How about someone go off the tracks and try to remake maps from different games? Maybe make a remake of Tokara Forest or Phobos? (Both UT2k3.)

vivrant
VeteranXV
Old
105 - 09-18-2004, 13:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy Poo
Like mentioned beforehand, I want to see T1/T2 maps that look much younger then their older counterpart.

Examples:

Raindance with a full river in the ravine, maybe also with puddles around the bases. Perhaps with another tower that fell down before the "T1 raindance" took place.
Or Stonehenge with a huge Mayan Ziggarat and totem poles around the bases. Just think of the grapple possibilities...
Perhaps a version of Bloodbath before the tribes "hollowed out" the inside (kinda like how cavern looks maybe?). Just suggestions on cool retro maps.

On Canyon Crusade, have sparse areas of vegetation with maybe a small oasis near the bases?

Anyway, I really look forward to some user made maps.

that would ruin the map

Pachacutec
VeteranX
Old
106 - 09-18-2004, 14:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomble
How about someone go off the tracks and try to remake maps from different games? Maybe make a remake of Tokara Forest or Phobos? (Both UT2k3.)
i would love to see some other maps from games snuck in these upcoming packs and as a vet t1-er, highly encourage ut2k3 and 4 mappers to get their stuff out there.

we need some new blood in the tribes community, new ideas..

ZenTseTse
VeteranX
Old
107 - 09-18-2004, 16:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpdnc
i have no idea how to use maya or 3dsmax, so no mapping for me
1. you dont need to be able to model to map. the editor itself is fully functional for making "bsp" brushes which is the same type of thing worldcraft was for making bases in t1/t2.

2. there's nothing stopping you from learning

Nomble
Sigbot owns me
Old
108 - 09-18-2004, 18:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenTseTse
2. there's nothing stopping you from learning
I don't suppose you know where a good tutorial is? I want to use T:ED badly but burst into tears at it's lack of simplicity.

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
109 - 09-18-2004, 18:20
i cant wait to see the communities map additions.

pyrot3chnic
VeteranXX
Old
110 - 09-18-2004, 18:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivrant

that would ruin the map
Why do you say that? You can ski through water. As long as you don't make the river too deep, people should be able to plunge in and out with no problems.

Calder
VeteranXX
Old
111 - 09-18-2004, 19:54
It would give a little speed boost if it was just like a quarter the height of the ditch.

Plasma
VeteranX
Old
112 - 09-18-2004, 20:03
These are looking great, keep up the good work

vivrant
VeteranXV
Old
113 - 09-18-2004, 20:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calder
It would give a little speed boost if it was just like a quarter the height of the ditch.
not on a heavy it wont
and thats who uses that part of the map
the base is wider then you would want to, it would slow you down to much. and a quarter of the ravine in rd would be like 2.5 heavies
im not trying to siht on your parade but i think it would just screw up one of the best t1 maps
i think sb would make a good t:v maps with some tweaks, esp since you can select where you spawn (no more hating life cause you spawn at the tower while you are on D)

Riavan
VeteranX
Old
114 - 09-18-2004, 20:30
Its very very easy to make maps in T:V... alright? Basically you make a greyscale bump map like you did the same in t2. (Theres some very easy programs to do this for you) then you can make bases with giant blocks and textures them, its just like worldcraft in T:V. I can use 3ds, but I havn't felt the need to yet and unless you want your base to look like unreal and not tribes I dont see why you would need that super extra detail.

BooT
VeteranX
Old
115 - 09-19-2004, 03:56
This is gona be primarily a Arena map. Its a cross between Safe Warm Place and Arena Under the Hill. Its no where near being done yet, but the all the basic architecture is done. None of the lighting or texturing is done at all.

ZenTseTse
VeteranX
Old
116 - 09-19-2004, 04:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomble
I don't suppose you know where a good tutorial is? I want to use T:ED badly but burst into tears at it's lack of simplicity.
http://www.planetunreal.com/architec...rst_level.html <-- getting started tutorial

http://www.masteringunreal.com/ <--- 3dbuzz video tutorials

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/WebHome/ <-- epic's unreal dev network info stuff

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/TerrainTopics/ <--- terrain specifc stuff

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/ <-- mostly scripting oriented

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/n...ure_tools.html <--- dds plugins for ps

mastap504
VeteranX
Old
117 - 09-23-2004, 04:32
Guys lets see some remakes of T1 mapz in here =)

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
118 - 09-23-2004, 04:58
I'm remaking Dangerous Crossing. Modeled the base in Maya..have the heightfield..just need to put it all together and be able to play in it (retail).

Disciple
VeteranX
Old
119 - 09-23-2004, 08:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa
I'm remaking Dangerous Crossing. Modeled the base in Maya..have the heightfield..just need to put it all together and be able to play in it (retail).
I was just thinking that alot of the old T1 Cluster maps will be interesting with the new improved repair pack.

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
120 - 09-29-2004, 11:22
Work in progress...

Page 6 of 37

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page [T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

Social Website Bullshit