Tuning changes for 05, open beta

-A- ...Lost? said:
Overall, i still feel that balance is off. The mortar fire is still far too long-range for such a small map. even on the largest of our test maps. I really feel like the turrets need AI to help hold back the easy rape charge of heavies and also to make them a more viable target and thus actually not be completely ignored is now the case. nobody is using them.

I knew they would be (useless). I'm not even playing beta. It seems obvious to me perhaps, to automate them for vehicles but not necessarily players.

This change would be a much more drastic change then giving the flag discable properties however. Both should have atleast be tried? :shrug:

remember? when u kill someone a console/Death message shows up, for exactly:
Bridude Delivers ''DA BOMB'' to -[BD]-Jaeger37 Tribes 2 Thundersword bomber :p
that was funny :)
sorry that im posting so much, just my first time here. :|

Last edited:
-[BD]-Jaeger37 said:
remember? when u kill someone a console/Death message shows up, for exactly:
Bridude Delivers ''DA BOMB'' to -[BD]-Jaeger37 Tribes 2 Thundersword bomber :p
that was funny :)
sorry that im posting so much, just my first time here. :|
It was funny for the first 5 times maybe, then it spammed the chat hud for the rest of your life. I'm personally glad they're in a different place now, and I hope I can completely turn them off.

hurm... i dunno what i would rather have. the witty death messages with the "little blue friends" or the Planetside-like death graphics. I think you should have the option for both.

Rooster128 said:
hurm... i dunno what i would rather have. the witty death messages with the "little blue friends" or the Planetside-like death graphics. I think you should have the option for both.
It's not from Planetside... don't know what game started it but CS has the same, so do Bf42. It's fine with me, doesn't clutter up the chat.

I apologize ahead of time if this is a concern already discussed. Time limits my ability to read every post. But I'm an older player, female at that. My eye-hand coordination is not the same as most Tribes players. For that reason I have been a master deployer and repairer in T2. I find the deployed turrets in T:V to be bulking and don't like that there isn't a smaller version that can be better hidden. It would be nice to have a clamp version so that they can be attached to walls and other objects. I also don't like how easily they are killed by the opponent. So they are easy to see, easy to kill and they provide no real benefit.

As a repairer, I like that everything in my vicinity gets repaired, but I don't like that there are no points attributed to this valuable act for a team. Same with any damage a deployed turret makes, doesn't get the deployer any acknowledgement.

So far this game is great and I'm enjoying playing it, but as for a position on a team? I don't see a place for me with my gaming skills and abilities. I'm afraid I'll soon be looking for a different game, which saddens me since I've been playing one version of Tribes or another for the past 6+ years.

|Blitzkrieg| said:
Reintroduce flag disking. This gives the LD the ability to keep the flag away from a mid-fielder with a grappler, giving them more time to return the flag. It also can very easily hurt a mid-fielder, by making the grappler hit the ground instead, and possibly really screwing up their attempt at picking up the flag.
^ but - grappler
:rofl::rofl: at the member tools in this thread

Last edited:
LadyDeath said:
I apologize ahead of time if this is a concern already discussed. Time limits my ability to read every post. But I'm an older player, female at that. My eye-hand coordination is not the same as most Tribes players. For that reason I have been a master deployer and repairer in T2. I find the deployed turrets in T:V to be bulking and don't like that there isn't a smaller version that can be better hidden. It would be nice to have a clamp version so that they can be attached to walls and other objects. I also don't like how easily they are killed by the opponent. So they are easy to see, easy to kill and they provide no real benefit.
There was nothing fun in having to look for turrets in a room, it should be obvious where they are. After all, if you see them, they see you too, and we both know what that means...

Let's not forget that turrets are harder to take out too. You can't just disable them with a single disc like in T1, they'll keep shooting even with just a sliver of health.

And from what I've heard they're really unpleasant if you don't realize they're there, another reason why you shouldn't be able to hide them in corners in the ceiling. That, and having to look for turrets in the enemy's base is just not fun.
LadyDeath said:
As a repairer, I like that everything in my vicinity gets repaired, but I don't like that there are no points attributed to this valuable act for a team. Same with any damage a deployed turret makes, doesn't get the deployer any acknowledgement.
Repairing equipment should be natural, without extra benefits, especially with the new super easy system. And deploying a turret is not a skill that would deserve points either.
LadyDeath said:
So far this game is great and I'm enjoying playing it, but as for a position on a team? I don't see a place for me with my gaming skills and abilities. I'm afraid I'll soon be looking for a different game, which saddens me since I've been playing one version of Tribes or another for the past 6+ years.
I truly believe that the devs tried to get rid of farming as a role (or at least the NEED thereof) with the changes to deployables and repairing. The new system allows farming to happen by itself instead of having to set up a team member to do it. Of course, having a dedicated farmer might allow others to to their job a little quicker.

LadyDeath said:

:wave:

Maybe a mod will better suit some of the strategic elements of T2 Base!!

See ya on the servers LadyDeath!! :)

i dont know if anyone has said this already cuz i havent read the whole 12 pages but i have an idea for flag grappling. how about you cannot grab the flag with the grappler when the flag is on the stand, but once its off it is free to grapple.

Back