Page 9 of 32
JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
161 - 06-02-2004, 15:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeu5
:o

I just managed to make a seemingly bug-free version of the new method with half the number of lines... moral of the story is merging all 3 dimensions in the calculation is your friend.

The only thing I should figure out now is how to compensate gravity without messing up the whole thing.
I believe that if you are using the player velocity, that the effects of gravity are already included. If you add that acceleration a second time, you will end up with too much force. Leave the calculation of the 'velocity' of the player to the engine. (The engine includes gravitational effects). Just 'add' a new force to the player - that of the reel.

Sponsored Links
Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
162 - 06-02-2004, 16:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBodkins
I believe that if you are using the player velocity, that the effects of gravity are already included. If you add that acceleration a second time, you will end up with too much force. Leave the calculation of the 'velocity' of the player to the engine. (The engine includes gravitational effects). Just 'add' a new force to the player - that of the reel.
Sounds fine and dandy except that:

- %obj.applyImpulse seems to have no effect on the player, no idea why. I wanted to use that originally, but it didn't seem to do anything. I end up getting the player's velocity, adding stuff to it and then applying this new velocity.

- hanging from the bottom of the platform results in (not so slowly) losing height. Normally, this can be solved by adding the force needed to keep the player floating multiplied by the cosine of the angle determined by a line between the player and the grapple point and a vertical line. Basically, dividing the rope's vertical length by its absolute length. This, however, does not seem to work. Another problem is that this also makes the player go effectively slower, resulting in a dead stop in the middle of a swing.

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
163 - 06-02-2004, 16:42
Well I just got locking missiles on the shrike and I made turrets auto fire at vehicles, not players (except mortar). Now with this there must be a counter to said missile ******ry without adding flares back in..

Mmm

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
164 - 06-02-2004, 17:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD
Well I just got locking missiles on the shrike and I made turrets auto fire at vehicles, not players (except mortar). Now with this there must be a counter to said missile ******ry without adding flares back in..

Mmm
If the rate of fire (RoF) is low enough (one in flight at a time with a long reload) - or even a limited number of missles (how many missles does it take to take out a gunship? maybe limit the ammo to that number).

There is a counter to the F117, the fact that there arent that many of them and they cant carry unlimited weapons. Otherwise, the wobbly goblin will get ya. You just cant allow the missle to 'dominate' through numbers I think. Make the pilot 'decide' where to use them. (Just an idea)

Last edited by JimBodkins; 06-02-2004 at 17:52..
JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
165 - 06-02-2004, 18:37
One question. The gunship, I assume, was meant to be 'death from above'. Sorry, I havent played or read a review of T:V (in particular the gunship). Is it a threat? I had the impression that it could be but that the specific weapons used might be a little underpowered. Maybe they arent. Have you tried them?

We should pickup this with the new missles and the gunship - if it's ready.

Rev. Night
Banned
Old
166 - 06-02-2004, 18:43
It would really be cool if a dev could comment here on the phyiscs and feel and how close/far away from they are from TV. But i doubt that would happen, i'm sure they're quite busy.

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
167 - 06-02-2004, 18:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Night
It would really be cool if a dev could comment here on the phyiscs and feel and how close/far away from they are from TV. But i doubt that would happen, i'm sure they're quite busy.
Colosuss isnt DEV but has played T:V. Might be good to have his input.

Adept
VeteranXX
Old
168 - 06-02-2004, 18:56
Quote:
One question. The gunship, I assume, was meant to be 'death from above'. Sorry, I havent played or read a review of T:V (in particular the gunship). Is it a threat? I had the impression that it could be but that the specific weapons used might be a little underpowered. Maybe they arent. Have you tried them?

We should pickup this with the new missles and the gunship - if it's ready.
the fighter is supposed to be a rocket platform - very maneuverable, hovers, fires lots of dumbfire rockets. where the hell is this locking missile bs coming from?

Wulfen
VeteranXV
Old
169 - 06-02-2004, 19:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEbig3
the fighter is supposed to be a rocket platform - very maneuverable, hovers, fires lots of dumbfire rockets. where the hell is this locking missile bs coming from?
Yeah, no locking missile crap.

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
170 - 06-02-2004, 19:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEbig3
I have no idea why you quoted that.

I asked how the gunship (the havoc) was going to be taken down. It appears you havent tried ZOD's mod yet. The 'rockets' in the 'shrike' are worthless and there isnt anything else that could even remotely take down a 'gunship'.

I dont care how the gunship is taken out. Just that it can be done.

BTW, why are you angry? You sound familiar with T:V and you write scripts. So get busy.

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
171 - 06-02-2004, 19:36
Well see how this goes. The missiles on the Shrike lock, take more energy to fire and turrets fire on vehicles. You can now get turrets from remote inventories because T2 maps are just not setup for only getting them from a regular inv.

Vengeance Beta 4.

Might suck, might not, see how it goes.

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
172 - 06-02-2004, 19:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD
Well see how this goes. The missiles on the Shrike lock, take more energy to fire and turrets fire on vehicles. You can now get turrets from remote inventories because T2 maps are just not setup for only getting them from a regular inv.

Vengeance Beta 4.

Might suck, might not, see how it goes.
I'm in a shrike, and the turrets arent firing on me. (Kata)
Should I be able to repair an enemy base turret?

Edit - AA and Chain barrels dont shoot at the shrike. The Plasma does.

Last edited by JimBodkins; 06-02-2004 at 19:52..
ZOD
VeteranX
Old
173 - 06-02-2004, 19:59
Nope, shouldn't be able to repair enemy stuffs, game must be confused because there is a team check in the code. Turrets will only target you if your in sensor range, which is very small (100 meters) unless aided by a Pulse sensor or players view..

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
174 - 06-02-2004, 20:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD
Nope, shouldn't be able to repair enemy stuffs, game must be confused because there is a team check in the code. Turrets will only target you if your in sensor range, which is very small (100 meters) unless aided by a Pulse sensor or players view..
I parked the shrike, a tank and a havoc on the turrets. The plasma is the only one that fired.

Thats ok with me. Just a note. (All the turret types dont need to fire on vehicles).

Last edited by JimBodkins; 06-02-2004 at 20:11..
ZOD
VeteranX
Old
175 - 06-02-2004, 20:14
Quote:
I parked the shrike, a tank and a havoc on the turrets. The plasma is the only one that fired.

Thats ok with me. Just a note. (All the turret types dont need to fire on vehicles).
Well I tried it with me IN the vehicle and the chain turret took me out in 3 seconds, the burner also fired on me and set my ass on fire. I think once you leave the vehicle it is changing the vehicles team data and the turret is ignoring it. The burner did continue to fire on teh vehicle when I hopped out though.

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
176 - 06-02-2004, 20:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD
Well I tried it with me IN the vehicle and the chain turret took me out in 3 seconds, the burner also fired on me and set my ass on fire. I think once you leave the vehicle it is changing the vehicles team data and the turret is ignoring it. The burner did continue to fire on teh vehicle when I hopped out though.
That is interesting. I was in the vehicles also. (Park was a metaphor - although I actually did that over the AA and chain on Kata after I took out the plasma).

We need a third opinion. One of our 'installs' is different.

I'll check mine.

Edit: I delete all DSO's and reinstalled (unzipped) the vengeance files and hosted a 'lan' game. Coming in to the enemy base from behind on Kata in a shrike and the AA ignored me. The plasma took me out. Are you sure the files in the vengeance zip are the same as those on your system?

Is the 'cap' on the MPB teleport new? Looks different. I like it.

Last edited by JimBodkins; 06-02-2004 at 20:26..
JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
177 - 06-02-2004, 22:20
Any news?

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
178 - 06-02-2004, 22:36
Should be the same files I have. I took the MPB tele from an old mod I did.

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
179 - 06-02-2004, 22:56
I have entirely removed the vengeance directory. Still the same. I dont know. I wish Killer would update his server.

I did notice that the sentries are gone.

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
180 - 06-03-2004, 09:28
I was gonna wait for Amadeus grapple code before updating.. I'll update a little later this afternoon.

Page 9 of 32

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page [T2] Vengeance mod

Social Website Bullshit