[T2] Vengeance mod

JimBodkins said:
I tried that missle launcher. The loadout didnt include missles.
That code isn't the whole file, just the bottom halfish.

P.S. I fixed the AA turret.

Last edited:
My server isn't running the Vengeance Mod at the moment. We were doing some pubbing today on it.

One thing we did notice on Vengeance Mod was that the grapple was easily exploitable. On Boss, you could circle the bridge around the flag and slingshot you through the air and back to your flag. Very fun.. but obviously a little overpowered.

Also, the Rocket pod seemed pretty unreliable. I'd like to see the rockets NOT inherit momentum from the player.

I'll probably continue to update the Vengeance Mod, but probably not run it on the server until we get close to finished and run a pickup on it or something.

Anyway.. just FYI, =(ir)= Vengeance running Classic 1.5.2 and a list of noobie maps.

One of the problems with vengeance mod is going to be the maps. Some maps wont work. Seems to me that a 'hook' on a map with a huge 'hole' defeats the purpose of the map - which is to put you in the huge 'hole'. :)

The hook you used is a wimp, which just makes the combination of any hook and an inappropriate map all the worse. :)

Lesson = pick maps for vengeance mod carefully. Consider the hook on ... say ... Reversion. Not a good match probably. Although I will say that even with the weanie hook a launch might be possible to get some ski/boost speed to cross that dude. :)

... although I will test Reversion just to be certain that I havent wrongfully maligned it. A decent hook could make the Recalescence crossing for a HO not a big deal. Which could make that map fun again. (Or who knows, that other snowy shrike map from base days - I forget the name - I'll try that one also).

I have never ever 'played' in Juggernaut armor. I could cross Recalescence, Thin Ice (that snowy map I couldnt think of) and Reversion in Medium armor so fast I surprised even me. (I play in Medium for the most part). I tried in Jug, but it felt slow to my unattuned senses. I will note, I didnt do any walking really and it probably wasnt slow just my 'damn this armor is slow' senses that is at fault.

I KNOW a real HO would fly on those maps. An initial hook launch with judicious uses of speed boost does amazing things on some maps.

The above is just a note and comment - not a recommendation. It would be interesting to hear others experiences on those maps.

Very Nice work so far!
The buckler is gr8 actually, but very hard to see (the projectile).
And also, isnt the buckler supposed to do damage while bumping away an enemy? :eek:
Also, i found a bug in the Loadout system (i guess).
You've 3 weapon slots as default, but you're able to pick up one more weapon.
Yes, a rope for the Grappler would rock too ;p

A bunch of clan members and I have been playing this mod and have been having a blast. The rocket pod is too much fun!!! But for the last few days the server has been down. Any info if this server will be coming back online anytime soon? If it's not going to be, I would like to host a Vengeance MOD server on my own server. Where can I get the latest files to run the server?

Thanks for any info guys! Great work on this!

Do you play on the =(ir)= Vengeance server Zio?? If so, I can put it back up, I didn't realize you guys played there..

Should be back up by this afternoon.

Surprise!!!!!

Happens to be an internet cafe in the town I!m in for today and the next two (?) days. Anyway, my clock is ticking, so I'm gonna cut this short.

The current hook is kinda weird in design. I use the empty hours of bus travel to come up with a better (and also more complicated) design. I'll start work on it when I get home. Once I get a good model I'll care about rendering a rope :)

I'll be able to check back on you later today, and probably tomorrow and the day after. Any comments, special requests are welcome, just make it short please :)

Thanks, I'm seeing some very nice landscapes... I'll save the journal for home though, and try to get some pics my classmates made... (I suck @ teh photo :( )

I am this >< close to a non beta release. Just need that grapple at this point. Other then that I am happy that everything works as intended aside from balancing which of course needs a pickup or something to test. I have a craplagger server up with the latest.

-> House of Pain <-

Thanks Killer, yep, that's the server we've been playing on. It seems to be the only one running this mod.

A bunch of us that have been playing tribes non stop since the beginning are forming a new clan =E= ENIGMA www.enigmaclan.net in anticipation of Vengeance, so we have been very excited to check out this mod. Saturday night I was on the server until 3:00 in the morning. If you guys would like us to give you our feedback I would be happy to.

I do know that the rocket pod rockets from what I have heard are underpowered. I read that if more than two rocket pod rockets hit a player, they will kill the player. Right now, if you are hit with three I believe you take about half damage.

Last time I was on the server, the rocket pod was firing a blue laser like line which it wasn't doing to begin with.

Light armor can not jet nearly as long as medium armor can. Is this an oversight?

Amazing job on the burner. From the movies I have seen of it in action, it looks like you are dead with the way it acts.

Grappling hook at certain angles is extremely buggy, but good job at incorporating such a difficult operation. I believe I was on Stoneheinge when I was capable of being quite far out, ski a little, grapple onto the center structure, swing under it, and get amazing speed going, then release and jet and bounce off the wall. After bouncing back I could grapple the center structure again and stay up in the air indefinetly continuing to not lose momentum unless I bounced wrong off the wall. Pretty cool!

ZOD said:
I am this >< close to a non beta release. Just need that grapple at this point. Other then that I am happy that everything works as intended aside from balancing which of course needs a pickup or something to test. I have a craplagger server up with the latest.

-> House of Pain <-

Cant connect. Port number?

The Mod is doing well and has definitly gotten alot better. Grapple can get alittle out of control on Boss however. I understand the need to choose better maps taking into consideration Vengeance game play etc. Any suggestions for maps you enjoy and or feel would be great in the rotation for Vengeance please post them. Look foward to seeing you all in the server!!

It never 'sees' your server. (Using insert on the join server browser page using 24.189.18.129:28000). In fact, if I attempt to mark it as a favorite it UE's. (That may have nothing to do with your server).

I would like to try (other than the three I listed earlier) Titan. There is an interesting thing you can do with the hook on either of the two towers. I cant guess whether it will be a good or bad thing though. :)

Back