[cooking with sam]gnocchi with meat sauce and cheese

yes. the churrascaria is the awesome. the one I've been to up in SF has a little two-sided disk on the table in a little holder. one side is green and the other is red. if the green side is up they'll keep stopping by to give you meat. if the red side is up they don't bother you. it's a wonderful system.

back in the 90's the green/red disk didn't exist and the waiters would run around like crazy. it was fun when they tripped.

sushi's REALLY trendy.

Doesn't mean it isn't good, so don't get your panties in a wad. It doesn't mean you can't like it for how it tastes, and it doesn't mean you can't have liked it before it was trendy.

sushi is fast food and we've turned it into a delicacy.

i'm pretty sure it can be both just like there's a big difference between a gourmet burger at a steakhouse and the 99 cent double cheese as mcdonalds

Made this dish for my family tonight.

Kids didnt like it so much but me and the wife did.

like mentioned before.. Holy shit this stuff is filling.

Your Meat Sauce is really tasty.

The Gnocchi it self is pretty bland tho. I like the texture of it but i think your recipe calls for a little too much Gnocchi and not enough Sauce. Next time i make it ill up the tomato paste and the Red wine just a bit.

Also as i was eating it i couldnt help but think these Gnocchi would taste a shit load better if they were flavored some how. Maybe some garlic infused into the mash potatoes before made into the Gnocchi would be really fucking good.

All in all tho thanks for the recipe as i got to try something i never heard of before and i really enjoyed it.

Back