[Official] Staff Q & A

ThrillKillKulT said:
Can we get a functional search for the archives? if it is there, someone PM me, because I have no clue how to search them and I did try.

I am using an experimental method to eventually search these forums.

I have set them up to get spidered by Google ... that will then allow them to be searchable.... if all goes well, it'll eventually be searchable. Google .. don't fail me now.

Am I mistaken, or didn't the "Quick Reply" table at the bottom of threads used to have advanced formatting options (bold, italitcs, etc.)? If not, could it be instituted?

It's possible I b0rked something in my settings/options/profile, which is why it's not appearing, but I have yet to figure out what, if that's actually the case.

Bounty said:
Am I mistaken, or didn't the "Quick Reply" table at the bottom of threads used to have advanced formatting options (bold, italitcs, etc.)? If not, could it be instituted?

It's possible I b0rked something in my settings/options/profile, which is why it's not appearing, but I have yet to figure out what, if that's actually the case.

Someone used that crap? The WYSIWIG toolbar slows down thread display ... I can give you a standard toolbar ... lemme see how that looks ...

Rayn said:
Someone used that crap? The WYSIWIG toolbar slows down thread display ... I can give you a standard toolbar ... lemme see how that looks ...

That rocks! I think that's exactly what was there before, too. Thanks. :)

can you guys make a front page news post about the insanity regarding the latest t:v (no)patch? we were promissed an annoucement about it this week, and now over on the offical tribes message board, they say that guy.welch is on vacation until next week. this is getting out of hand.

What exactly is the point of the Buddy list? Does it do anything? It'd be cool to have a special icon next to the thread name when a person in your Buddy list posts in it.

Can we have a shit list, that shows up next to the poster with a reason they are dicks (entered by the user) so you can continue to annoy people for minor things?

New forum style, when?

Rayn said:
How about a img button...thats the only one left needed :)

Rayn said:
Might have some cookie / link problems, since all the links would have to point to one or the other when generated by the forum software.

mod_rewrite isn't it
PHP:
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName forums.tribalwar.com
    Redirect / http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/
</VirtualHost>

That should do it. Just make sure mod_alias is enabled (it should be)

Rayn said:
.... Because many people view these forums from WORK .. so 'Not Work Safe' material would be a problem ...
I honestly find the current system fine.

But it seems like at the THREAD level might be a good place to consider allowing/disallowing NWS material. Easy to enforce, I'd assume relatively easy to filter out.

Back