[T:V] Kill Notification

Defaced

Veteran X
If scripting is out, please, please, please put in an audio kill notification.
It is the only* script I use, and I cannot imagine not using it.
I use is Sapere's chaching script, and I would like a sound that is at least as satisfying.

*I actually use other scripts, I was just trying to explain my need for this function.
I would appreciate something along the lines of pilotmode III, should there be any kind of flying vehicles.

If it MUST be done by the program, rather than a script, two things.
Make the sound customizable, and able to turn it on and off via settings.

best of both worlds.

Also keep track of my kills per weapon and annonuce each time in the global chat what number my latest victim was -- this will make the game.

Thats not enough Lucius...

You absolutely have to have
"You are my XXXth disc kill, biatch!" Spammed in global.
"Did you see my XXXth disc kill?" Spammed in Teamchat.
And some obscure/obscene (that only one in 200 people actually have on their systems where it can be found by Tribes) sound file playing globally.

That will make the game.
(a complete and utter waste of HD space ;))

VaporTrail said:
Thats not enough Lucius...

You absolutely have to have
"You are my XXXth disc kill, biatch!" Spammed in global.
"Did you see my XXXth disc kill?" Spammed in Teamchat.
And some obscure/obscene (that only one in 200 people actually have on their systems where it can be found by Tribes) sound file playing globally.

That will make the game.
(a complete and utter waste of HD space ;))

Come on, you can do better than that.

I want it to play a global sound, announce it globally, with the count, take a screenshot, and automagically both post in on TW, and email it to the victim.

everytime when i kill somebody, my cashregister.wav clings and its necessary because i play with 1280x1024 resolution and it would be pain in the ass to watch that little text in upper left corner if i fragged the poor fellow or not.. (ofcourse i could make the text larger sized, but theres is this one reason i simply cannot)

my tribes experience wouldnt be the same without killsound.

NAT Mav said:
and automagically both post in on TW, and email it to the victim.

The Moops were working on that way back when... Almost had a way of reading/posting to specailly designed webpages in T2... in real time. Stahl almost had the bugs out of it before he quit scripting/playing. Haven't seen hide nor hair of him for a long while.

Email was just another step off (HTML encoding for a mailer...)

And do that thing in NBA Jam where it was like: "He's heating up!"

"HE'S ON [color=FF4400]F[/color][color=FF8800]I[/color][color=FFCC00]R[/color][color=FF8800]E[/color][color=FF4400]![/color]"

As long as anyone reading the thread can sort out the good idea from the crap. And not have the good idea cheapened by the crap, as was intended by the crappers, thanks.

Back