Steal as many features from RTCW/ET as you possibly can for T3

FalseMyrmidon

1700+
Veteran XV
Enemy Territory and RTCW have so many good little tweaks/features that there's no reason you should steal them. There's too many to list.
One example of something that should be stolen is when in ET you get team killed by someone you get the option to file a complaint against them. Getting a complaint filed against them causes them to lose experience and if they get too many complaints they get auto-kicked from the server.
I know there isn't going to be experience in T3 but that doesn't mean that it couldn't still be used. Instead of losing experience people could lose point even though most people don't care about that kind of thing it would help act as a deterrent for people who do.
If you can think of anything else T3 should steal from ET list it here :).

I always wondered why no other games ever copied the Tribes tab menu. It's such a simple yet very convenient way to admin or vote.

Shinigami said:
I always wondered why no other games ever copied the Tribes tab menu. It's such a simple yet very convenient way to admin or vote.

its the best system i've ever seen. Seems strange it was never stolen.

|zVx|Teflon said:
its the best system i've ever seen. Seems strange it was never stolen.

The TAB menu and the V-Chat menu for that matter. It was so simple, but absolutely great at the same time. Of course they managed to screw these two simple things up a little in T2 by over-complicating them, but they still worked well.

Sure beats the hell out of trying to get 20 people who think a console is the thing plugged into the TV to type something in to make a vote.

Back