Player differences 1942 vs. Tribes

Hahaha, I like how he calls T2's community mature by comparison. It's a joke, just like the Tribes community in general is. They are ANYTHING but mature, look at the General Forum.

If 1942's is worse, then I really feel sorry for them.

Action-reflective-awards (like TR2) and creative stats (like titles for whoever killed the most with each weapon) are better than straight-out-points.

From what I've heard T2 is better about the dirty jobs getting done than BF42 (haven't actually played), but peeps still neglect the stuff that needs to be done.

Although, I'd still rather have one person play O than 2 play LD in most pubs. :/

antareus said:
Hahaha, I like how he calls T2's community mature by comparison. It's a joke, just like the Tribes community in general is. They are ANYTHING but mature, look at the General Forum.

If 1942's is worse, then I really feel sorry for them.

i disagree, imho TW doesnt represent our gaming community that well.

Honestly, though many a TW mind is in the gutter this community is a good bit more mature than most gaming communities, sad as that may be. Retards just don't have the patience to learn tribes... unfortunatly that's both a blessing and a curse.

GIMPbeowulf said:
though many a TW mind is in the gutter this community is a good bit more mature than most gaming communities

if you REALLY believe that, perhaps you need to stop playing the games made by Disney or something... cuz... while big internet forums ALWAYS have a degree of idiocy... i thikn tribes has kinda made it more of a norm akin to some of the more silly CS spots.

the Tribes Talk section here i find to be rather mature and respectful, and due to hard work by the admins...

Last edited:
People in the tribes community just tend to have half a brain as opposed to the invertebrate goo peeps in other communities seem to have.

I'm not saying it's wonderful--it's not--but the majority at least aren't stupid 13 year olds.

Yeah I think mature can be used in many contexts, I think the tribes community is generally much more computer literate and game mature.

How that translates into real world maturity is questionable. But if anyone has ever visited a CS forum I think you would have to agree the tribes community is much more mature than they are/were.

I can't really speak for the quake or UT scene, never got into it.

Back