Favorite mod? T1

You guys need to watch a real shifter match... Shifter is more an evolution of base than an evolution of renegades. Renegades lacked match playability, and balance.

Spinal said:
You guys need to watch a real shifter match... Shifter is more an evolution of base than an evolution of renegades. Renegades lacked match playability, and balance.

Holy shit man, you need a labotomy.

Spinal said:

Replace Shifter with HaVoC, and you might be half right.

base... but if theres no base servers with people in them ill play rabbit/team rabbit

and i would only play renegades/shifter/any other spam mod with people if someone was forcing me to, ie gun to head

Mods account for about 60% of the players in tribes... Shifter alone has about twice as many dedicated match servers as base, it spawned its own community, it influenced the development of T2, and Vengance. Competition in shifter became so fierce last year it even spawned the development of its own client side cheats, and up until that point has rivaled if not exceeded the amount of tournaments, matches, and clans that base had. Shifter takes years of practice to master, and the learning curve is probably about twice the size of base due to the amounts of different armors and weapons configurations. We play capture the flag, not defend the gens thanks... Balance has always been 4-5 on Offense, 3-4 on Defense.
You guys are ignorant for not recognizing as such, and that is probably why different tribes mods have spawned their own communities instead of Coexisting with base.
The release of the new shifter mod has been stalled temporarily, but is set to become the most advanced tribes mod ever created, with a complete recode of shifter from the ground up, and including some new game physics. This mod in theory should have comparable match lag to base, and the most advanced tourney mode in tribes....

Spinal said:
Mods account for about 60% of the players in tribes... Shifter alone has about twice as many dedicated match servers as base, it spawned its own community, it influenced the development of T2, and Vengance. Competition in shifter became so fierce last year it even spawned the development of its own client side cheats, and up until that point has rivaled if not exceeded the amount of tournaments, matches, and clans that base had. Shifter takes years of practice to master, and the learning curve is probably about twice the size of base due to the amounts of different armors and weapons configurations. We play capture the flag, not defend the gens thanks... Balance has always been 4-5 on Offense, 3-4 on Defense.
You guys are ignorant for not recognizing as such, and that is probably why different tribes mods have spawned their own communities instead of Coexisting with base.
The release of the new shifter mod has been stalled temporarily, but is set to become the most advanced tribes mod ever created, with a complete recode of shifter from the ground up, and including some new game physics. This mod in theory should have comparable match lag to base, and the most advanced tourney mode in tribes....

Way to pull "facts" out of your ass.

Spinal said:
I'm a newbie and will be playing base in another year or so.

Actually being serious, I stumbled into Renegades when I was new and loved it, thought it was so much better than base...got tired of it, got into base, will NEVER go back.

Shifter didn't influence T2's development and it sure isn't influencing Vengeance.

Base has easily had more competition all around than any other mod if you go all the way back to the very beginning.

Shifter is another bells and whistles on top of base mod that doesn't take years to master like you say. It still a newb blackhole.

I'd put even money on any base team playing a shifter team in shifter and longshot odds on the shifter team playing base against a base team.

FoxMcCloud said:
Actually being serious, I stumbled into Renegades when I was new and loved it, thought it was so much better than base...got tired of it, got into base, will NEVER go back.

That's how a lot of people see the light. They think they've hit the pinacle of their game, and then they find the hardcore base community.

Yogi said:
Shifter didn't influence T2's development and it sure isn't influencing Vengeance.

I'd disagree with it not having an influence on T2. Or at least that one of those mods like Shifter had some influence (more turrets, ML, super powerful vehicles and such). I think this is part of the reason T2 caused such a split in the community.

Shinigami said:
I'd disagree with it not having an influence on T2. Or at least that one of those mods like Shifter had some influence (more turrets, ML, super powerful vehicles and such). I think this is part of the reason T2 caused such a split in the community.

What you had with T2 was a producer who sucked ass at gaming and thus made a game he could play and get points.

You won't see that same mistake with Vengeance.

Back