USW beta testers?

Blotter said:
thats why im asking dickhead. it was listed as a prize for the t2 world championships. if its not gonna happen, fine, but i can at least ask.

Oh id love to start this again :)

Aus was rulefucked, if anyone should beta its Aussies.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an unannounced closed beta. Most game companies have them, however there's a difference between a public closed beta (ie: Blizzard beta tests usually), and closed betas you never hear about. With the right people invited (read: they have a list of people in mind beforehand), a dev team can get valuable feedback on certain gameplay aspects with a larger group of people than an in house QA dev team, while still keeping things small and easy to manage.

What's been said is that there won't be any public signup type closed beta, and that there will simply be an open beta. No one said anything about a typical unannounced closed beta.

Note: above post does not state that anything like that is going on right now, since it appears the game isn't nearly close to that stage anyways. But sometime between now and open beta there will probably be a private unannounced closed beta.

I think its fair time to remind everyone of the fact that Deft is superior to blotter in every way. Keeping in mind that Deft is ultra manly, and "Todd the bod", plays catcher.

ZProtoss said:
With the right people invited (read: they have a list of people in mind beforehand), a dev team can get valuable feedback on certain gameplay aspects with a larger group of people than an in house QA dev team, while still keeping things small and easy to manage.

yeah this worked with tribes 2 *cough* :withstupi

Just be thankful that its open beta.

I remember very well the T2 beta. Quite a few of the top 10 teams made beta (IE, 5150, TF, etc). They were asked to 'beta' the game, and not 'build' their skills. I remember sitting in a server and getting kicked while 14 or so TF were in practicing routes, etc. Now, when the game is released, and the matches start rolling on twl, who has the advantage?

Off topic I know, but I dont care.

ZProtoss said:
I think its fair time to remind everyone of the fact that Deft is superior to blotter in every way. Keeping in mind that Deft is ultra manly, and "Todd the bod", plays catcher.

way to post same retarded troll here as u did at TWL :rolleyes:

u guys are weak

i'm surprised Deft has not made an appearance.

proto$$, you should know better than to represent Deft on the forums. lol.

why would i be bitter? i enjoy not being associated with a 0-4 record against 5150. hahahaha

:sunny: <3 t0dd

uh, ok.

u never even played the game. why are you trying to insult me from no where? u obviously have a chip on ur shoulder about something.

Evita said:
Just be thankful that its open beta.

I remember very well the T2 beta. Quite a few of the top 10 teams made beta (IE, 5150, TF, etc). They were asked to 'beta' the game, and not 'build' their skills. I remember sitting in a server and getting kicked while 14 or so TF were in practicing routes, etc. Now, when the game is released, and the matches start rolling on twl, who has the advantage?
Well, I'm sure they can look back and say it was all worth it now. ;)

Gotta build up our INTERNET GAMING SKILLS BY KICKING PEOPLE OUT SO WE CAN PRACTICE ROUTES AND CLAIM THEM AS OUR OWN OMG!@#

Back