Legends has come a LONG way

Flatscan

Veteran XV
I just dld Legends 3.0. The game has made massive strides.

Its MUCH more stable, the sound works well, the models look much more professional, there are a number of new maps, the physics are ok to good, and there were even people playing it online. There is a memory leak but it isn't as bad as Savage's was when it came out (pos).

Good work Legends peeps!

P.S. - Who made the new maps? Also, please release a CTF version of Hills (think that's its name).

P.S.2 - The disc speed seemed slow to me. Also, the hand nades should throw farther.

Note: I'm not affiliated with the Legends DEV team. I do wish them much success, however.

Last edited:
Hrmm.... Technically not Tribes talk, but yet, so very Tribes talk.

I may have to try Legends once I finish all these tests and papers.

The pickup was fun last night. I'm glad they put the effort in to this that it needs.

(hi xylek)

Thank you for the nice comments, Flatscan.

It's still really, really weird to get positive feedback on TW. After a year and a half of "vaporware" claims and initial release flames, it's a great feeling to read about people having fun with the game.

Even better is when I jump into a server and someone thanks me, or I have fun playing with a group in this game.....

Wow. Thanks for playing, guys!

Flatscan said:
I just dld Legends 3.0. The game has made massive strides.

Its MUCH more stable, the sound works well, the models look much more professional, there are a number of new maps, the physics are ok to good, and there were even people playing it online. There is a memory leak but it isn't as bad as Savage's was when it came out (pos).

Good work Legends peeps!

P.S. - Who made the new maps? Also, please release a CTF version of Hills (think that's its name).

P.S.2 - The disc speed seemed slow to me. Also, the hand nades should throw farther.

Note: I'm not affiliated with the Legends DEV team. I do wish them much success, however.

Map credits:

Hills - Hobbiticus (existing DipStick interios)
Corystrahl - uthr (community submission, with custom bases :bigthumb:)
Spindrift - powdahound (DipStick interiors)
Blood Red Sun - MrSniper (uthr's base, Chem's stands)
Desolate - MrSniper (Chem's interiors)
Killsite - MrSniper (existing interiors)
Grave Grass - MrSniper (existing interiors, next revision will have my own)

You gonna buy me some time? ;)

With Tribes and Leisure Suit Larry now in full swing, not to mention 2 babies and a high-schooler at home, I'm not getting the game time I used to. And CoD just came out - God must hate me!

Marweas said:

With Tribes and Leisure Suit Larry now in full swing, not to mention 2 babies and a high-schooler at home, I'm not getting the game time I used to. And CoD just came out - God must hate me!

true... he does.

told me so, in fact.

tho he must not hate you THAT much, considering you get to do the LSL game.

how fucking cool is that? i mean, do you wake up every so often in the morning, get in the shower, and then just sorta think "i am doing the new LSL game... i am the uber-pimp...."?

i would.

I was watching some guys play the latest build a few days ago and it looked painfully slow... like T2 base slow.

It did look like the effects--especially the sound--had improved quite a bit tho so GJ there. The mines still looked like they fly real high compared to where you'd like them to go and the ion cannon still seem fairly poor compared to the T1/T2 chainguns... just hard to use, like the bullet length needs to be longer or something.

GIMPbeowulf said:
I was watching some guys play the latest build a few days ago and it looked painfully slow... like T2 base slow.

Its pretty fast. It just takes a while to build up speed. A lot of maps have both flags close together so most people don't build up much speed by the time they start running into enemies. I would love to see what a good capper could do in legends.

Marweas said:

is there any way that you can somehow count gaming time as "market research" or checking out the "competition" ? ;)

and since you got CoD, what do you think about a Kill Cam in T:V? Go tell Thrax he needs that. while obviously not as important for T:V as it would be in like Counter-Strike (to catch cheaters), i think it'd still be useful, and just a cool feature in general.

Piata,

While I haven't played much lately, I would be happy to demo some very cool fast routes I found for Devil's Dance.

PM me in #^i^.

Note: I'm assuming the demo feature works - I haven't tried it.

i d/l 0.3.0 or whatever and ran lsync, and its makeing me download what ooks like the whole build again?

over 100meg from the look of it.

is this normal?

edit: yes it was 100 meg in size.
just played a bit then, there is no disc projectile model just an orange square, the trail and explosion are right though.
when i hosted my own server and took the flag, it still showed it on the nme stand as well as on my back.
tried to join a server and it said you dont have
legends/data/player/male/light.dts or something very similar.
i will try a reinstall when i have time tomorrow, but has anyone else had this problem at all?

Last edited:
snow said:
i d/l 0.3.0 or whatever and ran lsync, and its makeing me download what ooks like the whole build again?

over 100meg from the look of it.

is this normal?

edit: yes it was 100 meg in size.
just played a bit then, there is no disc projectile model just an orange square, the trail and explosion are right though.
when i hosted my own server and took the flag, it still showed it on the nme stand as well as on my back.
tried to join a server and it said you dont have
legends/data/player/male/light.dts or something very similar.
i will try a reinstall when i have time tomorrow, but has anyone else had this problem at all?

delete dso's/ofn's/run cleanup.bat if that doesn't fix it. It sounds like you just forgot to clear out your old compiled scripts and the exe is messing with the old files and causing werid stuff. clean dso's and ofn's, if that doesn't fix it then CVS again and repeat. Also, what are your specs (vid card, proc, drivers, etc), it might be a driver issue.

Back