Favorite mod? T1

marantz said:
i just dont understand how all these shitter/renegaydes morons can honestly think their mods require more skill than base. they all have overpowered turrets and vehicles that rack up kills instead of how it was MEANT to be played in base base (a mod which relies MUCH more heavily on player skill than deployables).

in short, how can you think that deploying something to kill ppl takes more skill than killing the person yourself :confused:

Is is that much better to be pubbing in base and have 3 LD, 2 Snipers, and a HoF to go against with 1 or 2 O? I can't speak for Renegaydes or Shitter, but the better cappers and HO in Havoc could render all of those turrets and sensors useless if not deployed properly. Everyone pictures it as a turtle fest because of all the defense-oriented stuff that was added, but the firepower available really outweighed it if used properly.

NAT Mav said:
Is is that much better to be pubbing in base and have 3 LD, 2 Snipers, and a HoF to go against with 1 or 2 O? I can't speak for Renegaydes or Shitter, but the better cappers and HO in Havoc could render all of those turrets and sensors useless if not deployed properly. Everyone pictures it as a turtle fest because of all the defense-oriented stuff that was added, but the firepower available really outweighed it if used properly.

What he said.

Cavalier said:
Thats nice, and base has been considered a mod since when?

its something to say if you hate every mod ever concieved for tribes that alters the gameplay and weapons to turn it into a spam fest or just a boring pos mod that has no real purpose whatsoever

and i wasnt here for the whole arguement but spinal, eventually you will realise how gay renegades/shifter is and start playing base where its actually a challenge to do something
(oh look the enemy flag! *fires 8000000000 discs/mortars/nades onto stand and grabs flag with the whole other team dead*
vs.
offense against defense, real skill oriented play where aim IS a factor and experience WILL win the match)

lol I still remember the shoutcast of when the Renegades team beat the Base team while playing Stonehenge (base). I was listening to the base cast (Coldshot maybe?) boy that was funny.

By the end of T1 (ie < 4 months before T2) I started playing base mostly. However, there was nothing in Tribes (imo) like flying over Canyon Crusade (Renegades), grabbing the flag, skiing around the bowl, and capping in under 10 seconds from spawn. Nothing beats the Interceptor for fun in a vehicle either.

I was just playing biohazard and I found out that when you get hit with a grounder rocket, you can drop the "dead weight" like you would a det pack

I noticed some annoying things in certin mods, being that with my old comp / shitty graphics card, I (or anyone for that matter) was never invisible whilest I or they were cloaked, now that i have a decent one 32mb ddr ati 7500, they are... this sucks

Yes, T1 had a problem with cloaked objects when running in OpenGL. I don't think it was a problem in T2, since it was designed from the ground up to have cloaked players.

NAT Mav said:
Yes, T1 had a problem with cloaked objects when running in OpenGL. I don't think it was a problem in T2, since it was designed from the ground up to have cloaked players.
Cloaked objects worked fine in OpenGL, software they were still visible though. Although if it was a cloaked player, their IFF would still show up. :roller:

NAT Mav said:

yeah, on my old rig I ran t1 software style, and on my new comp I use open GL...

old rig = not cloaked (invisable)
New Rig = invisable

Back