Official Christianity Thread

What I mean is that money on Earth is a form of wealth. Intelligence as well can be regarded as wealth but not in the monetary sense. When you think of Einstein dont you consider him gifted? Even wealthy in terms of attributes? He sure has more then what most of us have in terms of intellect. This is what I mean.
Yes so he should...get rid of... that wealth before god can accept him, yes?

All Pauline Christian churches (which comprises of the entirety of mainstream Christianity, and any Christian church that is based primarily on the New Testament) go against some aspect of what Jesus taught, especially the Protestant derivatives of the United States.

Jesus--
"Go not into the way of the Gentiles" (Matt. 10:5)
"I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Matt. 15:24)
"...for salvation is of the Jews" (John 4:22)

Paul--
"For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, I have set you to be a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the uttermost parts of the earth" (Acts 13:47)
"from henceforth, I (Paul--Ed.) will go unto the Gentiles" (Acts 18:6)
"that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it" (Acts 28:28)
"that I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles" (Rom. 15:16)
"that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ" (Eph. 3:8)
(Acts 20:21, 26:17-18, 20, 23, 22:21, Rom. 1:5, 13, 3:29, 11:11-13, 15:9, Gal. 2:2, 7-9, 3:14, Eph. 3:6, 1 Tim. 2:7, 3:16, 2 Tim. 4:17).

Jesus first came to save the Jews, Gods holy people, but when the Pharisees mocked him and actively tried to stop him from giving his Gospel, he then gave God's grace to the Gentiles. Us basically/

Well see, if you looked at something called empirical evidence instead of blind faith, you would have a confident answer (roughly 4.55 billion years).

How does the age of the Earth have any impact in terms of what God wants from his children?

Jesus first came to save the Jews, Gods holy people, but when the Pharisees mocked him and actively tried to stop him from giving his Gospel, he then gave God's grace to the Gentiles. Us basically/
If god knew everything, he would know this would happen, and would work to stop it in some other way

unless he was really misleading *everyone*, including Jesus.

Now what kind of sense does *that* make?

The God Who Wasn't There is trash. Stop pretending like it's some sort of scholarly work. It's complete garbage.

I never claimed it was the 'Godfather' of Jesus denial. It's a simplistic primer that even brainwashed Jesus Junkies can understand. There are lots more. If that one sends you screaming to the pulpit, I doubt you could stomach the others.

Spoiler

If god knew everything, he would know this would happen, and would work to stop it in some other way

unless he was really misleading *everyone*, including Jesus.

Now what kind of sense does *that* make?

He knew this was happening of course! You are correct. This is because he intended to not only save the Jews (who had the option to change) but also the Gentiles (who previously did not).

How does the age of the Earth have any impact in terms of what God wants from his children?

The age of the Earth is relevant to the accuracy of the bible, which puts the Earth at around 6000 years old. And if the message of God is to be conveyed through the bible, then one would hope that the source text is reliable.

All I stated in regards to the intelligence parable is that Jesus states it is harder for someone with wealth to obtain the glory of heaven.
So for einstein to get into heaven easier, he should have a lobotomy.

It's a logical extension of your statement.

And wouldn't it be a lot easier for god to achieve all of his objectives without being so dramatic about it? Granted, people wouldn't want to believe it nearly as much then.

Because I did not know the age of the Earth?

because you dont study your faith and its history. if you were a true christian you'd be passionate about your faith and spend your time learning instead of wasting our time with this thread and misguided biblical one liners that even your local pastor would :picard: at.

The age of the Earth is relevant to the accuracy of the bible, which puts the Earth at around 6000 years old. And if the message of God is to be conveyed through the bible, then one would hope that the source text is reliable.

God does not state the age of the Earth. People (biblical scholars) who try to trace the age of the earth though the genalogy given earlier in Genesis or through other methods are wrong in thinking that this alone would be enough.

I do not offer scientific proof of God's existence. I only offer the spirtual food that I have been given through the grace of God and the Holy Spirit.

Back