Do you listen to Joe Rogan?

Do you listen to Joe Rogan?

• Total voters
I've listened for years. Honestly I liked the show more when he spent more time being uplifting and didn't take himself as seriously. I still listen for interesting guests including some of the comedians. I get why people don't like him though.

I listen during my commute, only time I have available for it.

The most interesting thing to listen to is intelligent people talking about their field of expertise and their interests.

Joe usually does a good job of asking questions and just letting people riff away.

Sometimes he can get a little too into it, or get a little goofy but that's part of what makes Joe entertaining.

I used to think his comedy was p weak but really liked his last couple of specials.

What do you guys think of his standup?

his standup is decent, but he'll be a hero forever for what he did to mencia. also a real solid dude bc he regularly backs up other comedians when hecklers try to follow em/wait for em outside.

I listen to some of his casts but I don't care for MMA or fighting at all so I ignore those and as much as I love cam Haynes and steve rinella I just don't give a single shit about bowhunting tho I will listen to adam greentree because hes fucking awesome

like most of u niggers I mainly listen to his shows w other comics or w scientists tho I admit I also like to listen to the big name celebs. his show introduced me to colion noir who is fuckin awesome too.

and david goggins because holy shit that man shouldn't exist

I said no because I listen to snippets... most time seems he just always tried to 1 up his guest when they tell a story...

Yea, there's few guest I always listen when they're on
(graham hancock looking at you).

I liked when he had Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson on together.

A lot of us saying the same thing -

Listen to Joe with the science guys and comedians

Not listening to MMA or hunting

Who are the other science guys that you liked?

Eric Weinstein, Graham Hancock, Randall Carlson, Gad Saad, Jordan Peterson are some of my favorites.

I said no because I listen to snippets... most time seems he just always tried to 1 up his guest when they tell a story...

Eric Weinstein, Graham Hancock, Randall Carlson, Gad Saad, Jordan Peterson are some of my favorites.

jonathan haidt is on today, should be good

don't forget my mancrush steven Rinella

Joe "Have I ever told you about my friend who rode a bear?" Rogan .

There are different stages of Joe Rogan, in chronological order:

First there was Joe Rogan - Comedian, then Comedic Actor, then Reality Show Host, then MMA Commentator and now Talk Show Host.

I've been aware of Rogan since the 90's, but didn't really join the Rogan fan club until the MMA/Podcast stage. I like his current comedy routine, but I like him more for just who he is, which shows through in his Podcast. I've actually learned and discovered many useful things from being exposed to his guests.

His Podcast is especially good for its long format style which can really highlight the quality of the guests he brings on when you can spend 2 or 3 hours listening to the guest. Unlike the usual short form interviews where you can't really appreciate someones' perspective or ideas in less than the 20 minutes an interview spends with them.

Joe Rogan might appear to be a meat-head, but he is a self-aware meat-heat who knows when to shut up and let his guest talk and not get in their way too much.

Bull Burr is completely cucked. He's one of those sporto jock types who can't think critically and married a woman stronger than him.

he married nia b/c he thought it would impress patrice o'neal. all bill burr cares/cared about is getting patrice's approval. v sad b/c he has flashes of brilliance when he's not fixated on getting ~ALLY~ status within the black kkkommunity

since it's jre thread we can use jon "i rape little girls because women fight back too hard" jones as an analogy: dood could have been great w/o roids but he's a no confidence sad sack who juiced anyway

so

bill burr is the jon jones of standup/talk show spots for the current year

(imo)

Liked both weinsteins. Also Rhonda patrick is not as uptight food nazi as most of them, same with brian kresser (not sure about spelling). Rupert Sheldrake is awesome, can't remember what they talked about in JRE, but his banned TED talk was pretty nice.

some sport science guys dom d'agostino, kelly starrett, although not the greatest guests interesting topics (for me).

Watched few petersons, but feel like he's repeating himself on the talks/interviews. So don't really follow his stuff.

Back