Why I'm not playing T2

#1 Stunner said:
If someone can do anything 10X better than you, then you suck and should give up at whatever that it is you're doing.

Michael Jordan could kick my ass in basketball and is easily 10x better than I am. Does that mean I should stop shooting hoops every now and again?

I am 10x better than you at forming coherent thoughts into replies, does that mean you should STFU?

Dip,

At one time I didn't think that I could go back to T1, thought I was done with it. Now that it has been months since I have played, I would love to come back if the competition was there. There just isn't any other game out there that gives you the thrill T1 does. I kinda miss it.

-First, a T1 vet playing T2 for 8 hours is much differant than a newbie playing either T1 or T2 for the same amount of time, or even much longer. It's not like the game is so far gone from T1 that it's a fucking mystery.

-LD still being "uber"... when I'm sittin in a T2 pub and Adren and other veteran players say how easy it is to disc and snipe, I'm going to take their word for it (being more O, I wouldn't notice). Is it because I suck dick or I think these people are my fucking heroes? Regardless of any fellatio tendencies I may or may not have, these people know how to play the game.

-I've heard people saying stuff like "ono whats wrong mr. t1 can't take strategy and teamwork?" Dude-what the fuck are you talking about. The only differance between T1 and T2 in terms of strategy and teamwork is the style; there are much more on the fly decisions, whereas T2 seems to lean towards much more organization (which, from one point of view, could envelop all that is teamwork. But that's okay, you probably sucked at T1 too). Which is fine - pick a camp and have your fun, and if that means you're throwing flares from a bomber in every match you play, more power to you. Take one for the team and throw your fucking flare.

-T1 != T2 duh? Well yeah, but is that we fucking expected? NO! JESUS! The game is a fucking sequal, mAN! We want the extension of a game we already love, not a whole new game altogether! Did you play Quake 2 and 3? Did you notice the whole game change? No? Why? Beacuse ID isn't fucking stupid! Plz, T2 is the Phantom Menace of gaming if I ever saw it.

-Does this mean nobody should like T2? Of course not.. go and love it for all I care. More power to you. Simply, this obviously divides the community, because the people who love T1 through & through love it for the things they took out of T2. Want a good example? "Yeah I loved Scarabrae" --> don't get why that's funny? You're probably playing T2. Which is cool - I'm glad you have a game that you love. I really do. I'm just bitter that I don't.

-What's with this "ha-ha! the tables have turned!" attitude? This is the panamjackish pov... the "oh you guys were good at T1 but suck at T2 now, so your opinion means dick..!"
I got news for you. The T1 vets who love T2 are going to stomp your ass. There will be other good players, no doubt, but I guarantee you T1 vets will dominate T2 - the basic fighting skills are very, very similar. The know-how to organize your team and being a disciplined team player are still there. I'd love to see some of you more hostile fucks play Wolfpack or POE.

K I'm done ranting... :eek:

Amen Dip! I never really was the best T1 player, but i was able to hold my own with some of the top vets and actually have fun, hehe i was and still am an HPB. But after reading Nats(hehe i'm also named jeff :D :D) post i went back and played a quick game of T1, jesus it was a blast...i'd forgotten how fast it was. and i took me about 30 seconds on my 56k to ping all the servers....not a good thing now that i think about it.

I'm am going to pub more on t1 than i have been, and most likely only practice/ play matches(dont hold me to that) in t2. T2 does feel a little like work, and the only turret i have a problem with is the base plasma turret.

Tribes 1 is played out like cross-colors.

BTW everyone is playing Tribes 1!

I mean, SO many people are playing it that there's a whole 40 teams on OGL!

WOW! Its so obvious!

I bet if all 20 people on these forums started a revolt back to Tribes 1, the game designers would suck your dick and listen to you and only you on how they can make Tribes 2 a better game!

#1 Stunner said:
D00D NATUREAL I AM ALL TEH WAY WITH YOU ON EHTIS ONE TRIBES TOO SUCKXS DUDE WE SHOULUD GO BACK TO T1 ANDMAKE OUR OWN TRIBE WE CAN CALL IT TEH [#1 NATURALS] AND THEN WE WILL PLAY WITH TEH HEAVY ARMORS AND SKI IN TO TAKE THE FALG AND PEOPLE WILL RECORD US OUN DEMOS AND THEN PUT THEM UP ON THESE SITE AND PEOPEL WIL SAY #1 NATURLA HOW YOU DID TAT? WITH THE FLAG ADN THE MAIR SHOT DUDE PM ME AND WE ACN RETURN OUR TERIBES 2 BOX TORGETHER OK OH AND SAY HI TO THEH KINRETIC PORTIC FOR ME AND RAW NIPLE////

JEFFK rating, 7/10. you've done better stunner
(/me shakes head)

El Mariachi said:

WOW! Its so obvious!

I bet if all 20 people on these forums started a revolt back to Tribes 1, the game designers would suck your dick and listen to you and only you on how they can make Tribes 2 a better game!

El mar, sometimes you're so silly :D
Of course we know the Dev team won't do more than suck our dicks.
But I'm hoping at least a few scripters will get the fucking hint, suck us off, and then make T2 a better game.
:)

El Mariachi said:

WOW! Its so obvious!

Um, El Mar, go back a year, when OGL had like 180 teams listed. How many of those were active, complete teams? Prolly around 40.

Falhawk said:
Michael Jordan could kick my ass in basketball and is easily 10x better than I am. Does that mean I should stop shooting hoops every now and again?

I am 10x better than you at forming coherent thoughts into replies, does that mean you should STFU?

Yes, if Michael Jordan is 10X better than you at basketball then you seriously suck and should quit. Maybe you don't understand how much 10X is.

#1 Stunner said:
Yes, if Michael Jordan is 10X better than you at basketball then you seriously suck and should quit. Maybe you don't understand how much 10X is.

Quantify it for me.

Tell me how much 10x more skill in basketball is.

Break the whole thing down, starting with 1x.

Perhaps 1x could be shooting and dribbling etc.
2x could be more advanced shooting, dribbling, and passing.

Illuminate all of us with your knowledge.

I'd like a few changes made to the game, but overall I'm happy with the way Tribes 2 has turned out.

I didn't want to go through another year or two of the same old crap that happened in Tribes 1. It was fun while it lasted, but win or lose I just got bored with it. Actually, sometimes I'm bored with Tribes 2 as well. Maybe I'm just tired of Tribes altogether.

I wish there was a good sequel to NFS 4 that had a good enough netcode to play online.

Anyone know any good flight sims?

I hear that Aces High is pretty good - $10 unlimited I think. iMagic always has good stuff, but the realism is too high for me to the point where it's annoying, and it's always at an hourly fee. : /

Hey, what can I say, even after ban's pimp fee I make more than those ethiopian kids from the Christan Children's fun :bigthumb:

Back