Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Scripting and Modifying
Reload this Page x64 Tribes
Page 1 of 6
Unhelpful
Veteran5
Old
1 - 05-06-2016, 19:21
This is what we've been working on, see the readme for more details. This is an x64 executable, and will not run on 32 bit operating systems, it is also compatible with 1.11 configs, but not with 1.40 configs. Unhappymod 3.0 is included, as is PNG support, along with expanding the amount of memory tribes can take. We've found many issues with this version(listed in the readme), and there will likely be more so be aware that crashes and lockups can happen, please report any you find. This is not a complete config, just an executable(and readme), so again, you'll need a 1.11 config for this to work for now.

Get it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...kZGQS1rdWs1OHc

edit:Be sure to remove any mem.dlls or plugins, they obviously won't work on this executable.

Last edited by Unhelpful; 10-06-2016 at 12:55.. Reason: new version
Sponsored Links
[meph] still plays
Veteran³
Old
2 - 05-06-2016, 21:19
ty random helper?

there are probably like 4-5 ppl in the world that will be v happy!

broast
VeteranX
Old
3 - 05-06-2016, 21:26
is this tribes for nintendo 64

Unhelpful
Veteran5
Old
4 - 05-06-2016, 21:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by broast View Post
is this tribes for nintendo 64
windows 7 and up.

shadoh210
VeteranX
Old
5 - 05-06-2016, 22:46
sub7 and up

~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
6 - 05-07-2016, 07:09
i cant test it, but does this mean tribes will support higher resolution textures?

EDIT: holy **** this is amazing

Last edited by ~dickschnitzel~; 05-07-2016 at 07:15..
~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
7 - 05-07-2016, 07:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrOemQaEJGU

groove
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 05-07-2016, 14:13
interesting, im guessing you guys built this from the leaked source? is unhelpful = bawb?

i applaud your effort and i think its neat

personally i wouldn't use it until some of the things we take for granted at this point get a little more polished. like, imo it really needs to handle .zips and pngs with the same ease that 1.40 does currently

its cool that png support is back in but if i never have to touch a .vol file again i'll be a happy dude

even something like converting the existing textures would be a big job

also i'd miss the pre/post attachment system in 1.40, and plugins... and .ogg support... and 1.40 had a bunch of buffer overrun and little-known exploits patched

not sure if any of that stuff is on the roadmap but its cool that you've rebuilt as much as you have

Unhelpful
Veteran5
Old
9 - 05-07-2016, 16:15
Thanks for the feedback Groove. I'm not bawb, just an IX player from way back. As far as file formats are concerned, the stringtableentry stuff largely prevents me from making an executable that is compatible with both configurations, because replacing extension endings ruins the entry, unless I can figure out something there. I haven't looked into oggs but the format itself hopefully wouldn't be any more difficult than pngs were.

The code has been running on USBase for a while, and work has gone into fixing exploits, I think this was how we found the issue with remoteFilter for example.

plugins probably won't work as the assembly being generated by the x64 compiler is really a mess in terms of readability. And I'm not too familiar with the attachment system, in general I'm not comfortable with messing with the scripting engine.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 05-08-2016, 02:55
cool!

yeah sorry, i remember bawb was talking about rebuilding that source too

i could probably re-reverse the netset hooks and **** for certain plugins but yeah thats a big loss

very neat tho, i'd say fully switch to .pngs + .zip and use the 1.40 .zips that are already converted

also as a personal request i'd love to see the .PFT format abolished and replaced with a plain text set of character co-ords rather than binary

stupid PFT i hate you

bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 05-08-2016, 10:23
the standard 1.11 variables $net::interpolatetime and $net::predictforwardtime are available to be set so it shouldn't be a great loss.

broast
VeteranX
Old
12 - 05-08-2016, 16:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
leaked source
???

groove
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 05-08-2016, 23:08
Tribes Rebirth (source port) by Altimor

apparently people had it since 2003 or something like that idk

broast
VeteranX
Old
14 - 05-09-2016, 11:26
Quote:
Tribes Rebirth (source port) by Altimor

apparently people had it since 2003 or something like that idk
can someone summarize this thread for me

is this actual source?
what version?
if i could get it to compile, i could play on servers?
what up w/ aforementioned missing header files?
anything else critical missing?
what obstacles in terms of rehauling opengl implementation?
who is working on stuff using this?
are u 64bit tribe guys sharing source/changes?

broast
VeteranX
Old
15 - 05-09-2016, 11:40
i am not even kidding, the fact that i didn't know about this combined with the fact that altimor hasn't yet released a shiny new tribes.exe with completely new rendering code has me so upset that i must commit seppuku

this leaked source is a huge blow to my ego. how has this not been a bigger deal

Unhelpful
Veteran5
Old
16 - 05-09-2016, 11:58
Quote:
also as a personal request i'd love to see the .PFT format abolished and replaced with a plain text set of character co-ords rather than binary

stupid PFT i hate you
I think I've seen examples what you want to do with PFT, so I'll put that on the list of things to look at.

Quote:
All the parts of Tribes that do rendering work, and the config itself would basically all have to be replaced. Tribes renders everything in immediate mode which means as polygons get created they are pushed to the screen, rather than doing anything with vertex buffer objects, call lists(now deprecated and about as far as my opengl knowledge goes), shaders and so on.

Quote:
No, and most of it is not useful, dealing with 32 to 64 bit issues and compiler issues.

Last edited by Unhelpful; 05-09-2016 at 12:51..
AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 05-09-2016, 13:08
Groov, bawb is a retarded....

Quote:

is this actual source?
what version?
The Source is out there. And some do have it.

And it looks like this one fellow won't say much about what this **** is all about, who's behind it and workin on it etc ;(

Unhelpful, great job there, my lad. I'll try this thing as soon as I can

Last edited by AnubiS; 05-09-2016 at 13:10..
broast
VeteranX
Old
18 - 05-09-2016, 13:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhelpful View Post
I think I've seen examples what you want to do with PFT, so I'll put that on the list of things to look at.

All the parts of Tribes that do rendering work, and the config itself would basically all have to be replaced. Tribes renders everything in immediate mode which means as polygons get created they are pushed to the screen, rather than doing anything with vertex buffer objects, call lists(now deprecated and about as far as my opengl knowledge goes), shaders and so on.

No, and most of it is not useful, dealing with 32 to 64 bit issues and compiler issues.
i know tribes renders against opengl 1.x fixed pipeline. reimplementing all the rendering stuff is critical but it seems simpler than the previous opengl32 hooking i was doing to implement bloom, lighting etc. i have tons of designs in my head abandoning the previous implementation entirely. just wondering about the source because if i personally wanted to extend the rendering functionality in the source i would be building it from the source on altimor's git

anyway, this is very exciting. all the hours i spent intercepting gl calls and parsing through vertex arrays are all but forgotten. i even thought i would eventually programmatically ignore the original rendering code and simulate multipass rendering through gl hooks. now im just befuddled that this exists

good work on the 64bit stuff

Last edited by broast; 05-09-2016 at 13:58..
broast
VeteranX
Old
19 - 05-09-2016, 14:13
we could make what OpenMW is to Morrowind, for Tribes!

groove
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 05-09-2016, 16:16
Quote:

is this actual source?
what version?
so, i'm probably not the best person to answer these but i'll tell u what i know/heard

-yes actual source
-old version, somewhere before 1.11 iirc
-afaik yes (although i doubt it would respond to lasthope queries)
-afaik its missing a bunch of headers and wont compile in modern VS environments. i assume you'd have to rebuild the headers, although one person told me that it could somehow be built w/o them (or auto generate them) idk if thats true or not tho

personally, i never thought it was that useful for 'rebuilding' tribes because everything done to tribes since that source would have to be re-created. dynamix patches, andrews playtribes improvements and mem.dll features... it seemed like a mountain of work just to get back to the starting line

props to unhelpful for having the persistence to even try

Page 1 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Scripting and Modifying
Reload this Page x64 Tribes

Social Website Bullshit