TW doctors help/I have an infected cut

And no side effects (yet) on the drugs. Maybe feel a little woozy/dizzy but very mild. But I did have a seizure a few hours ago which has never happened to me, should I call the dr about that?

I'm going to have to go ahead and say yes, you should. And also, there is no room for procrastination when in it comes to your health.

so good troll.

I mean it was terribly played but alot of TWers bit. Congrats on exposing the really gullible ones.

probably the same people that thought I put my monitor in the microwave to get the candle wax i spilled off of it.

yes i have an infection, i went to the dr. within a day of realizing it, no i didn't have a seizure.

I knew I had to go to the dr. i was just procrastinating a little. I probably should have gone monday instead of tuesday but oh well. The fever had gone away and the wound stopped oozing which gave me a little hope.

When do the meds kick in? I feel fine but the wound looks the same as it did two days ago, redness might be a little bigger area.

Keep an eye on it, you may have to get a higher dose. I had to which finally started kicking the infections ass. The area of redness hasn't subsided around the edge of the infection, only lightened in color. The antibiotics seem to be working from the center of the infection outward as the skin near the center has turned back to a mostly normal color.

I am still having the itching rash though, the shit is driving me crazy! Only 6 more days of this :(

carbuncle2-1.jpg

I DID NOT NEED TO FUCKING SEE THIS

Keep an eye on it, you may have to get a higher dose. I had to which finally started kicking the infections ass. The area of redness hasn't subsided around the edge of the infection, only lightened in color. The antibiotics seem to be working from the center of the infection outward as the skin near the center has turned back to a mostly normal color.

I am still having the itching rash though, the shit is driving me crazy! Only 6 more days of this .

what were/are you taking? Do you have the mrsa bacteria? I am on the second antibiotic for that.

edit: I'm on Cephalexin 500mg 3x/day
and SMZ-TMP 800/160 2x/day (largest pill i've ever seen)

6 more days? i'm only on these for 7 days total

Last edited:
what were/are you taking? Do you have the mrsa bacteria? I am on the second antibiotic for that.

edit: I'm on Cephalexin 500mg 3x/day
and SMZ-TMP 800/160 2x/day (largest pill i've ever seen)

6 more days? i'm only on these for 7 days total

Started in Tetracycline, took 3 doses = bad rash. Switched then to Bactrim((sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim). After 2 days on it, the infection still continued to spread and the rash wasn't improving, it might have even been getting worse.

I went back to the doc who wasn't convinced the Bactrim was causing the rash(even though it's listed as a semi common side effect). He also thought the original script was too low of a dose and instead upped the milligrams. This meant I had to pay a FOURTH copay to get these drugs, plus some hardcore antihistamines to help with the itchy rash.

I'm now on day 4 of a 10 day course and the rash is still there, definitely not going away. I've spent over $200 between prescriptions, doc visits(and I have insurance!), and other first aid supplies to fight this shit so I'm just gonna suck it up and deal with the rash until I finish the Bactrim.

Back