Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page Minecraft
Page 7 of 202
henry
VeteranX
Old
121 - 09-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure if it's failing to load because the main minecraft site is slow, or my ISP is blocking on that port. I have portfowarding on.

Sponsored Links
TW_Dagger
VeteranX
Old
122 - 09-24-2010, 11:08 PM
I want to think it's the site, cause that first link worked, but second one won't at all, and I can't get to the site either for that matter.

whazup911
Veteran++
Old
123 - 09-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Minecraft server is super unstable right now...

henry
VeteranX
Old
124 - 09-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW_Dagger View Post
I want to think it's the site, cause that first link worked, but second one won't at all, and I can't get to the site either for that matter.
Oh it did work? Sweetness.

TW_Dagger
VeteranX
Old
125 - 09-24-2010, 11:13 PM
The page loaded I mean, I was going to official purchase the game in case it figures out the version I'm running isn't tied to my account or somthing.

Jelly
VeteranXV
Old
126 - 09-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Ya they've been having a ton of server issues lately. Also when he's updating The login and package downloads would freeze.

Henry if you can set up a server that would be awesome. Should make it private.

filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
127 - 09-24-2010, 11:17 PM
There is about 10 of us with a server going and the stuff thats getting made is crazy.

Right now a couple of us cant login though.

http://uigg.ca/map2-night.png

Last edited by filsinger; 09-24-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Jelly
VeteranXV
Old
128 - 09-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Can we join tut server and play with you guys? Pm server info?

MajorChaos
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
129 - 09-24-2010, 11:29 PM
A tw server?! Informations plz k thanks.

filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
130 - 09-25-2010, 12:00 AM
It's a coworkers server that he has running, its not a tw one. I'll see if we have open spots.

Bughead
VeteranXV
Old
131 - 09-25-2010, 12:08 AM
henry's server is (will be) the TW server.

When he gets it running smoothly and Minecraft fixes their server issues I might buy the game and start playing with ya'll.

Last edited by Bughead; 09-25-2010 at 12:10 AM.
krustyy
VeteranX
Old
132 - 09-25-2010, 12:22 AM
I set up a server at my work just for local lunch play. Unfortunately, no zombies + no damage + stability issues after running for a few hours makes it not good enough to really keep up.

I'm still building all my **** on there though.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
133 - 09-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Ok, so the game now owns my life.
I've abandoned my starter castle and relocated to a fairly flat foot hill by two large mountains. Caves all over. It took two days, but I've managed to flatten the **** out of the area (this is with rock shovels, it was a massive job) and begun building again. Plan is to make a castle with five towers. Two in front, with the tnt cannons I've seen on youtube, trap setups, holes to fight from, etc. One in the back middle to act as a storage area. One to the left rear for crafting, with lavafalls coming off it. One to the right rear for the plants (top level is going to be a bigass glass dome to grow monster trees, level below that will be for some wheat just to keep food around.)

Questions

1. Will sunlight go through multiple levels of glass? Can plants grow in the light coming through said glass?

2. Do I need to worry about materials when building my Mt. Doom style crafting lab with its lava rivers and lavafalls?

3. Can clouds enter buildings if I build up that high?

4. If I want to grow giant ass, massive farking trees, what is the best way? Provide light, a certain amount of dirt bordering the tree, does having water source tiles nearby help?

5. Will lava source tiles multiply if I build a pool of them in my crafting tower?

6. Any tips for making a castle easier to fight from (crenelations, murderholes, traps, etc) and generally have fun with at the expense of the living dead?

Last edited by Excel; 09-25-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Black_Mana
VeteranX
Old
134 - 09-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
Ok, so the game now owns my life.

Questions

1. Will sunlight go through multiple levels of glass? Can plants grow in the light coming through said glass?

2. Do I need to worry about materials when building my Mt. Doom style crafting lab with its lava rivers and lavafalls?

3. Can clouds enter buildings if I build up that high?

4. If I want to grow giant ass, massive farking trees, what is the best way? Provide light, a certain amount of dirt bordering the tree, does having water source tiles nearby help?

5. Will lava source tiles multiply if I build a pool of them in my crafting tower?

6. Any tips for making a castle easier to fight from (crenelations, murderholes, traps, etc) and generally have fun with at the expense of the living dead?
1. Yes. I will post screens of an epic massive chamber we've built with multiple levels of glass under the OCEAN.

2. Only water, when it hits lava it'll turn into cobblestone (if the lava isn't a full block thick) or obsidian.

3. Yep. Pass right through.

4. Plant tree, put dirt on tree, plant moar trees, repeat.

5. If you dump lava from a bucket, it will become a lava source. The more the METALer. (has issues in current MP server builds, tho i think)

6. spiders can get through a hole that is one brick high and two across. Drowning **** is awesome and effective. Honestly the rest is fairly intuitive. **** about, think logically. This game will surprise you.

Lineage
VeteranX
Old
135 - 09-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Only hint I can give you is that clouds do, in fact, go through solid walls if you build too high. Be ****ing careful with lava. **** sucks.

Predators Rage
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
136 - 09-25-2010, 12:39 AM
I absolutely love this game and have been playing the **** out of it. However, a few times now the game crashed while that's expected for an alpha. A few times though the crashes **** me over hard and undo a lot of work. For instance I was craving a tunnel was making a great hall in my basement of my fort. I had just crafted 3 bowls of mushroom soup and a full set of gold armor (had excess gold). The game crashed, when i reopened the game it remembered where my character was, but not what i've cleared out as far as stone and sand, it spawned me in a wall, where i choked and died and lost all of my gear and inventory. Pretty frustrating, but i keep going back for more. I just need to press ESC to frequently force a save of the game state.

henry
VeteranX
Old
137 - 09-25-2010, 12:39 AM
OK so it seems since it can't connect back to the main minecraft site, you can't connect to the server I setup

Code:
>"start server.bat"
     01:37:51  Setting up
     01:37:51  Loading level
     01:37:52  Now accepting input on 25565
     01:37:52  Level saved! Load: 0/16
     01:38:52  Level saved! Load: 0/16
***  01:38:58  Failed to assemble heartbeat: java.net.ConnectException: Connect
on timed out: connect
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Sou
ce)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
        at com.mojang.minecraft.server.d.run(Unknown Source)

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
138 - 09-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Mana View Post
1. Yes. I will post screens of an epic massive chamber we've built with multiple levels of glass under the OCEAN.

2. Only water, when it hits lava it'll turn into cobblestone (if the lava isn't a full block thick) or obsidian.

3. Yep. Pass right through.

4. Plant tree, put dirt on tree, plant moar trees, repeat.

5. If you dump lava from a bucket, it will become a lava source. The more the METALer. (has issues in current MP server builds, tho i think)

6. spiders can get through a hole that is one brick high and two across. Drowning **** is awesome and effective. Honestly the rest is fairly intuitive. **** about, think logically. This game will surprise you.
5. - I mean, if I have a pool area carved out, say 5x5 and filled with lava source blocks... can I go pull one out and have it regenerate, or will it just stay as a "flow" tile? Looking to give myself a renewable fuel source for smelting.

Black_Mana
VeteranX
Old
139 - 09-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
5. - I mean, if I have a pool area carved out, say 5x5 and filled with lava source blocks... can I go pull one out and have it regenerate, or will it just stay as a "flow" tile? Looking to give myself a renewable fuel source for smelting.
Yeah, if you suck it out, the empty tile will become the flow tile of an adjacent source tile. but whenever you deposit water/lava from a bucket, it acts as a source (again, I've been having issues with this on our SMP server, but that is how it works in SP/how it is supposed to work)

Last edited by Black_Mana; 09-25-2010 at 01:37 AM.
whazup911
Veteran++
Old
140 - 09-25-2010, 05:23 AM
For those of you that want to mess around with the Free Creative Mode:

Minecraft

That's a server I've been running for about two weeks.

Page 7 of 202

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page Minecraft

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
216.245.201.30:25566 , 69.162.127.73:25566 , connection timed out , i am fucking gay , jelleh , mc.tribal-craft.com:25566 , odio is a fucking retard , whaz rocks