anyone know WHY all these servers are down?

well they gave us 2 extra days for the last patch, they might give us another for this...i dont mind not play WoW for a day

i mean we cant complain after we get days rebated

but cripes, i bought another 512 stick of ram today and it's my only day w/o classes so i'm going to drink beer and watch movies while pouting

Jimmy, Ive been trying to get your name spelling forever. Your guildmates are very quiet, I assume they just think I want to bug you about reaper.

My name is Grimmundr, Im with Golden Hall, which is an offshoot of Strangled Chicken. You don't know them yet, but when Bg's come out, you will.
Anyways Im a paladin, 60, raiding etc, look me up for some TW loving.

Finally some information: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=2253087&P=1

Due to the increase in downtime caused by today’s hardware maintenance, we will be giving all players with characters on the realms listed below a one-day time extension. In addition, players on the realms below will also receive a rested experience bonus, whether or not they had left their characters logged out at an Inn.

We realize that this extended downtime is very inconvenient, but it is a necessary step for us to take in our efforts to increase performance and stability on these realms. For the last few weeks, these realms have experienced poor stability during peak times, which resulted in NPCs not spawning, lag, and frequent disconnects. We have determined that a large percentage of realms on the same backend infrastructure were operating at maximum capacity. This overpopulation caused problems with the service that ultimately led to the issues mentioned above.

Our first step in trying to alleviate the situation was to offer character transfers to reduce the amount of players on these high-population realms. The character transfers did reduce the total amount of players on the shared infrastructure, and we noticed an immediate performance increase. However, this increase only lasted a few days, as populations continued to rise.

Once it was shown that the character transfers did not sufficiently disperse the population, we began to modify the hardware backend for the affected realms. The most recent and substantial step of that process involved transferring the realm data to a new hardware setup. The goal of this procedure is to decrease the overall load on the infrastructure that the affected realms share.

The new hardware infrastructure was completed yesterday, and we are currently copying the character data from eight of these realms onto the new hardware. This transfer will significantly decrease the load on the current infrastructure, which should result in improved performance on all of the realms listed below. The data transfer is taking us longer than expected, but it is vital for providing stability to these realms.

We are totally committed to providing our players with the best play experience possible, and we will continue to streamline our code and add new hardware to our infrastructure until we accomplish that goal. We once again thank you for your patience during this time, and wish you continued good fortunes on your adventures in Azeroth!

Please note that this time extension discussed above is in addition to the two-day time extension announced yesterday that is being provided to players on all realms.

Sincerely,
Mike Morhaime
President, Blizzard Entertainment

List of affected realms:

Alleria
Argent Dawn
Arthas
Azgalor
Blackhand
Bleeding Hollow
Bloodhoof
Durotan
Elune
Garona
Hellscream
Illidan
Lothar
Magtheridon
Mannoroth
Medivh
Sargeras
Shattered Hand
Skullcrusher
Stormrage
Stormreaver
Warsong
Whisperwind
Zul'jin

CaptainZero said:
My server (Spinebreaker) is one of the few that are up and I'm currently sitting in 280th place in queue to get logged on.

Wow, someone on TW plays on Spinebreaker, horde or alliance?

god damn. hearing all this shit makes me happy to play on the uber-low pop daggerspine. Even with blackrockers I've never been queued or anything.

CaptainZero said:
My server (Spinebreaker) is one of the few that are up and I'm currently sitting in 280th place in queue to get logged on.

Same thing happened with Eldre'Thalas last night (03/29). Waited 15 minutes to get in because our usually medium population boomed to high as we got a mass of immigrant players who usually suck and leave corpses lying around all the time.

What kills me is that they offer a free day extension. Ok i dont know about you guys, but I pay every month. So to me, a day extension doesnt really mean jack shit, because instead of them charging my credit card on the 12th, they now charge it on the 13th. Its still one payment per month. I mean the only way im going to win is if this happens 30 more times, then the result will have been a free month of play, at the cost of the frustration of not logging in for 30 days. Sign me up and call me a winner!

Back