[TrailerPark] Crock Pot Pulled Pork

I have to admit Giga, that is one of the best sauces I have ever tasted. The pork is going in the crock pot tomorrow.
The darker red dot in the middle is some Blairs Death Sauce.
szvd3k.jpg

The shoulder I got appears to be aged, it has a nice dark red/brown tinge to it and the fat is a little dry, so it should have some nice intense flavour.

do you put the onions back in after straining?

My recipe for this is pretty similar with a few differences. One of them is putting the onions and the shredded meat back into the crock pot. I add the sauce and then give the whole thing another 45 min or so to let everything soak up really well.

Going to try this BBQ sauce recipe though it sounds great.

Making this on Sunday for the Game

Found a 3.5lb Roast at Wegmans. Its stringed up. Should I keep the string on to keep it together, or just take it off?

Also, for 3.5 lbs, around 8.5 hrs maybe? (Its an older model crockpot)

Any tips appreciated.

string doesn't matter, might as well take it off because the meat is gonna fall apart anyway when it's done. can leave it on and take it off later, too.

time-wise, even with an older crock pot i would at least check it after ~6 hours and see if it really needs that long

Found a 3.5lb Roast at Wegmans. Its stringed up. Should I keep the string on to keep it together, or just take it off?

Any tips appreciated.

I would put the roast up your ass and let it sit for 10-12 hrs

Any tips appreciated.

i'm making it sunday too

Trying this right now, put it in about an hour ago on high..should be done about 9:30-10 tonight. :p

edit: dear lord that was delicious, glad I only made half..got the larger portion cooking all day tomorrow XD..best $12 dinner ever.

Last edited:
nice, i may try this out. i've only really used my crock pot for chicken-veggie soups

that jack daniels sauce sounds great too. out of curiosity, how does something homemade like that compare to one of those packaged jack daniels/jim beam barbecue sauces?

soco? good for sweet drinks, not for bbq sauce. At least go with a whisky variant.

Having not tried this sauce, i may not know what i'm talking about, but I would think using a bourbon may be a little closer to what you're hoping for. Though Jack IMO is pretty good, many prefer the more "mellow" taste of bourbon whiskey. Jim Beam or others of the same type. I don't know how much quality alcohol matters with cooking something like this, but Old Crow is a surprisingly cheap ($10/liter--half of JB) and good substitute for Jim Beam in general.

that jack daniels sauce sounds great too. out of curiosity, how does something homemade like that compare to one of those packaged jack daniels/jim beam barbecue sauces?

i dunno i mean it may not taste 100% authentic, but that's because 100% authentic probably tastes like corn syrup (a main ingredient)

i like making this sauce because i know everything that went into it. even the ketchup i use is from the 'organic' aisle because it's the only ketchup in the supermarket with 4 ingredients instead of 10.

as far as the quality of the alcohol you use... well, alcohol generally evaporates quickly when it's cooked in a pan, leaving the flavor components, and the major difference to me in liquors is the flavors, not the alcohol. ive never tried cheaper bourbon, so i couldn't tell you if it would make a difference, but JD is pretty distinctive so i bet you would be able to tell a little bit.

Back