New Album!

AniMisM

Veteran XX
Well, it's finally here. My band's first full-length album! It took a while to get the funding for this, but after some hard work we pulled it off.

l.jpg

If you'd like to support a fellow TW Vet, you can grab the album from iTunes or Amazon, or contact me for a CD and I'll ship you one.

And if you find a torrent or something, go for it, just let me know what you think after you hear it! Thanks dudes.

Nice work. I am listening to your songs from your website right now, although ska typically isn't my thing, I can dig this.

Maybe I missed a thread on this already but could you give some background on your band? How you got together, got signed, what you play, etc?

Yeah I don't really listen to ska anymore, but I'll buy a CD. I don't have an mp3 player enabled head unit in my car. :(

I listened to the samples on your website. It sounds like it was written for Rock Band instruments. It seems your guitarist hasn't figured out that you can strum up as well as down, and that there is more than one chord shape he can barre and slide up and down the neck.

That being said, I could see your music getting radio play.

Hey guys, my apologies for the lack of details.

Minstrel - You could get the CD directly from our label here, or you could pay me $10 through PayPal and I'll ship it to ya. PM me your mailing address and I'll give you my PayPal details.

pinkcadillac - Thanks for the comments. To answer your questions, the band was founded by me and the singer in late 2008. We've been friends since highschool. We met the other members through friends and Craigslist. We recently signed a 2 album deal with Stomp Records, who are a solid and established label for our genre, backed by strong distribution partnerships. They heard the EP we did a couple years ago and saw that we were touring and recording and contacted us. After we sent them some demos of the new songs we started talking about a contract. Oh, and I'm the guitarist.

I listened to the samples on your website. It sounds like it was written for Rock Band instruments. It seems your guitarist hasn't figured out that you can strum up as well as down, and that there is more than one chord shape he can barre and slide up and down the neck.

That being said, I could see your music getting radio play.
Thanks for taking the time, Scuzzle. You are mistaken about the guitars, though. It's all upstrokes, that's how ska is played. Sometimes I play downstrokes with reggae, but not for anything fast. I don't consider myself much of a lead guitarist, but I do consider myself a good rhythm guitarist. I also play a bunch of inversions and different chords on the album, just maybe not on whatever sample tracks you heard. I'm not pleased with the clean tones on the record either, maybe that has something to do with what you're hearing, but that was a producer call. Anyways, I still appreciate the feedback! Cheers.

Back