if you had access to...

fant-

Veteran XX
the tribes 1 source, what would you do with it?

I would:

- reimplement everything already in 1.40, minimap, better skies, skins, HD terrain etc
- add a physics engine (eg. havok physics) for better death animations

strangely enough a lot of graphical improvements are already possible and have been done already just look at any of the new configs people have been releasing

but surely there are things that could be done which cannot be done with scripting and graphical tweaks

what would u do?

its quite possible to do if you know what you're doing, you would probably need some time to get acquainted with the existing code...

just a further note on the above, I don't know if tribes 1.40 was a modification to the tribes source or was it just a series of graphical improvements and scripts? how did they add the minimap into the game? I dont know so maybe someone could enlighten me on this. if it was a modification to the source, you would want the 1.40 source so you didn't need to reimplement everything.

of course, all this is just a "what if" scenario... :) :)

Last edited:
yes 1.40 was a rebuilt .exe the minimap and all the other addons are in the .exe

really you'd either have to redo all of andrews improvements or have his source which we're unlikely to ever get so yeah

Back