Justice Points and the Softcap

TheGhost

Veteran XV
So my understand is this-

Since they bumped up points per badge (used to be 2.75, is now 11.58 JP per frost/triumph emblem)

The soft cap is 4000, and every point accrued above 4000 is .475 gold per point.

So what I'm hearing, is that I should get 4000 JP's per 80, and then save those till 85, and buy some entry level dungeon gear (the equivalent of the ilvl 200 badge purples)?

Most of the blue posts at MMO-champion seem to point to them making plans to ensure people won't be hoarding any of the currencies, so I wouldn't assume that. I would expect them to wipe the currencies on cataclysm release and convert your totals into gold to "zero out" everyone so no one is ahead.

4000 is the soft and will be the hard(before cata hits). Also keep in mind anything you run after the conversion then counts for justice points. Anyone who hits the cap (soft or hard) before the conversion will not accrue anymore points past 4000 for dailies, raids, etc..

So once you hit 4k you wont get shit from dailies, weeklys, yada yada until u can access a vendor and buy the blues.

Most of the blue posts at MMO-champion seem to point to them making plans to ensure people won't be hoarding any of the currencies, so I wouldn't assume that. I would expect them to wipe the currencies on cataclysm release and convert your totals into gold to "zero out" everyone so no one is ahead.

they've already stated that 4k is the cap for cata so why assume incorrectly? I don't usually post on your comments but you just continue to spit out terrible information about every conceivable topic.

@Ghost: Here's the blue that explains the way they'll roll it
'Again, the softcap for both Honor and Justice conversions is 4000 points. This means that if a character converts to above 4,000 points, it will not be possible for them to earn more until they fall below the 4,000 cap.

A hardcap will be implemented in a following patch before Cataclysm's release. At that time, any excess points above 4,000 will be converted as follows:

Honor points above 4,000 are converted to gold at a rate of 35 silver per point of Honor.
Justice points above 4,000 are converted to gold at a rate of 2 gold per point of Justice.'

Cliffs:
- You can only take 4k justice into Cata release
- Anything above 4k converts to gold
- Don't listen to feannag

Last edited:
Meh, you can think what you like but Blizzard has right to change whatever they want whenever they want. Doesn't mean that is set in stone when release hits, but if you want to nerd-rage later when they do change it and your cap came to less than expected (if anything at all) there'll be a nice I-told-you-so waitin'.

So you get the soft cap in 4.0.1 and can't go beyond 4000 at that point? (and if so, do you then just start auto-generating gold?)

I guess I'm just trying to figure out when to start banking badges (Now or after 4.0.1) ? I have like 50 of each badge and about 40k honor right now.

Given the prices listed on MMO Champion for the Justice items, the best bet may be at soft cap when Cata launches, and immediately start buying the items you need. 4000-point soft cap isn't enough to buy Chest and Legs at the same time, so being able to buy and bank one, then accrue more JP running the new dungeons, is probably the quickest way to gear for 85

*Edit* Total cost for head, shoulders, chest, hands, legs, belt, and neck = 12,800 Justice Points

Last edited:
|Blitzkrieg| said:
then accrue more JP running the new dungeons, is probably the quickest way to gear for 85

Only 85 heroics give justice points at the present time. Best way to gear up would be to get the mats for epic chest, weapon (i359) and buy a couple of ilevel 346 blue gear with the JPs.

But also if you do all the quests in the starting zone of Hyjal, you most likely will be revered and so can purchase one or two pieces of ilevel 346 gear from the rep vendor. Same with Deepholm and the earthen ring vendor as well as the therazane vendor. You should be pretty well set.

Currently heroics dont give an epic on the last boss, but that might change in tonight's patch.

Only 85 heroics give justice points at the present time. Best way to gear up would be to get the mats for epic chest, weapon (i359) and buy a couple of ilevel 346 blue gear with the JPs.

But also if you do all the quests in the starting zone of Hyjal, you most likely will be revered and so can purchase one or two pieces of ilevel 346 gear from the rep vendor. Same with Deepholm and the earthen ring vendor as well as the therazane vendor. You should be pretty well set.

Currently heroics dont give an epic on the last boss, but that might change in tonight's patch.

level 80 heroics give JP's, and your badges convert

JP's are entry level broseph

I don't have a link but I can get info from the beta, including screenshots if you insist.

What are you looking for?

I'd just backwards convert. If 1 frost badge converts to X then an item costing 60 frost badges would cost X * 60

Back