Script for TAB ping?

syndrome_x

Veteran XV
The script I want to make is simple, depending on what my ping is at, change the PFT. You are all going to say PING0!! Well, no, I dont want. I want to use the pings that show up when I hit TAB. I remember stork telling me that the ping I see is not the actual ping registered by Tribes. Is there anyway of doing it so that it reads the TAB ping rather than tribes ping?

Basically:
If ping = 124 <> 139, then pft = 124;
If ping = 140 <> 155, then pft = 140;
If ping = 156 =>, then pft = 156;
Something like that. I usually just change it manually while in-game, but my ping shifts during game play, and I don't catch it.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

I tried using the default 1.4 pft setting, but I couldn't get used to it. The pft would jump around with the rtt value, changing enemy position slightly, so it would be hard for me to gauge each shot. Using the tab ping, id just use a constant value to the set ping. I've tried both methods, and my aim and consistency is much better with the tab ping/pft values.

Could all be in my mind though, so this would be a good placebo to appease my troubled mind.

Problem is, I don't know what a 16 ping is like, so how would I aim like it? I have to get used to something first, then get good at it, and I was good at the tab ping and pft combo, which is why I am looking for the simple script. If it can't be done, no worries, I'll just change it manually in-game.

Problem is, I don't know what a 16 ping is like, so how would I aim like it? I have to get used to something first, then get good at it, and I was good at the tab ping and pft combo, which is why I am looking for the simple script. If it can't be done, no worries, I'll just change it manually in-game.

it can be done but I don't think it has be done for 1.4 because of autopft. and because this feature is really bad, you can read the tab pings all the time but they will only update if you have tab menu open. scrap that idea. if you don't like how 1.4 feels you don't want the same feature via script. what is your average ping? I get 108-124 and it feels just fine for me. I can imagine 1.4 is terrible with ping above 200 on fast/hard stops

here test it yourself: www.em-jay.net/t1/ping.zip it will add Client::GetPing( %clientId ) that function is so 1998, just scratch the idea 8)

Last edited:
Haha! Thanks for the input! When traffic is low, morning to afternoon, I ping 124, then at nights it jumps from 124 to 140 to 156, and back and forth. I also noticed that when my ping went up to 156, and I was using the default 1.4, it would remain in the same interval as when I was pining 124, soooooo no idea what happened there?

I'll have to get used to either 1) changing pft manually when ping changes, or 2) 1.4 default.

it can be done but I don't think it has be done for 1.4 because of autopft. and because this feature is really bad, you can read the tab pings all the time but they will only update if you have tab menu open. scrap that idea. if you don't like how 1.4 feels you don't want the same feature via script. what is your average ping? I get 108-124 and it feels just fine for me. I can imagine 1.4 is terrible with ping above 200 on fast/hard stops

mine fluxs from 264-280 welcome to hell =)

Trigger lagg and shit net code -)

Back