[EQ] Project 1999

I've been dicking around on there for the past couple of days. Pretty fun, tbh. Mage named Jalen (some dick took my name wtf).

- D

loadscreen.jpg

oh god, nostalgia hard

I remember like within the first few days I tried this, my brother had already been playing a while (I played beta, then stopped after) and we did the run to the other side of the continent thru.. uh.. damn.. highpass hold or something? was definitely some pucker power in that game

woot

Downloading and installing tonight.

if any of you still play?

*Edit

made a shaman named oddo. He is lvl 5.

*Edit

made a wizard instead, zanomin

send me a tell ingame if you wanna group up

Last edited:
How populated is the server? Also do you guys have any other download links? The torrent the website links you too is SO slow.

Last edited:
This just looks so shitty... I played EQ once, got my jumping and falling skill up by running around and then promptly stopped playing forever. Oh I think I made it outside once and was insta-murdered by whatever mobs were out there. The fact that the town was instanced drove me nuts.

This just looks so shitty... I played EQ once, got my jumping and falling skill up by running around and then promptly stopped playing forever. Oh I think I made it outside once and was insta-murdered by whatever mobs were out there. The fact that the town was instanced drove me nuts.

instanced?

that must be some kind of newfangled EQ

or do you just mean zoned?

I played on the Project 1999 with a few friends several months ago, the population has really grown.

When we played I found that I could set my pet anywhere I wanted, leave him there, he'd aggro aggressive mobs, and was so strong he could solo them because he was up to 4 levels higher than myself, and I got full exp.

So me and a friend made two mages, and did this by setting our pets on patrol paths of various hostile undeads in a handful of zones, and would leave our toons standing next to guards all night while our pets killed and pillaged everything and leveled for us while we were sleeping.

It was a lot of fun, but then I became famous when everyone on the forums went apeshit because I would go up like 3-5 levels a day or more while not even actually playing the game. Then they made drastic changes to the Magician class and how pet and player could get exp. They really made it shitty for Mags after that, really gay.

We did this for a few weeks, maybe a month or more. I gave my account to a friend of mine who actually uses it now. Now it's 50, geared to hell, no idea if he's still playing it or not now.

EQ is one of few games that I actually regret playing
This.

In so much as I wasted 4 years of my fucking highschool/early college life on this game. And I still want to play it, but refuse to let myself; closests I'll get is playing WoW, which I can just stand up and walk away from. Nothing like Evercrack.

Back