Disconnects on 25 man bosses?

--chaingun

Veteran XV
Was curious if anyone has been having issues with 25 man bosses and latency / disconnects.

I raided pre-WOTLK on the exact same connection and never encountered a problem, but suddenly with this xpack it seems my connection cannot handle 25 man encounters.

Deleted Add-Ons, went to lowest settings, deleted WTF, etc. All helped a little bit, but eventually I would bog down and disconnect on every boss encounter that wasn't Patchwerk. Vent was fine, in game connection was fine (until that point) and generally my connection speed was very strong until the boss was pulled.

Grobbulus, pulled, nothing happened, but about 30 seconds in, D/C. Then when I tried to log back in, I was unable to log on until combat ended.

Gluth, same issue. Patchwerk was the only boss I could stay connected for...I stepped out of the raid for the rest.

There are a number of people who are having this issue on the Wow tech support forums...I mean perhaps it's just a slow campus connection that was having a bad night, but the fact that I raided BC 25 mans on it with no issue is disturbing. Maybe my campus ninja-lowered our bandwidth, or maybe it's on Blizzard's end.

Either way, it's pretty frustrating, anyone else having similar issues?

Back